You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

wish i stayed in school lol

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
first post here guys be gentle lol ok i started playin about 2 year ago but for cash around 6 month ago im playin at 8 nl and doin reasonably well like to think my poker game is pretty solid ( but dont we all ) lol but im painfully bad at maths and numbers !! iv been lookin at my stats on a certain website tht starts with an S and ends with an E. they read : games playd - 444 : avg prof - $1 : avg stake - $5 : avg roi $0 : total profit - 521!!!

this dont mean much to me ( xcept the profit bit ;) ) so  is this any good or should i be lookin do to do better ? and also for sum1 whos maths skill aint the best whats the most effective tools out ther to help me improve on the odds/maths side of things ?? any help will be greatly recieved spesh ppl who have been in the same situation and went on to do well in the game ? thnx for any help in adavnce its much appreciated !!

Comments

• edited October 2010
    im sure these sites only cover STT and MTT's but thats pretty similar to mine, my profit slightly less but av stake is also less.

change to £'s though makes it slightly easier i think, doesnt make a whole lot of differance though. But since you play cash i wouldnt worry about this.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: wish i stayed in school lol:
    im sure these sites only cover STT and MTT's but thats pretty similar to mine, my profit slightly less but av stake is also less. change to £'s though makes it slightly easier i think, doesnt make a whole lot of differance though. But since you play cash i wouldnt worry about this.
    Posted by The_Don90
    thnks m8  i thought they only coverd tournys forgot to mention tht !! to make it simpler iv 10x my my deposit since joinin in april is ths the kind of roi i should be lookin at ?
  • edited October 2010
    i wouldnt worry about it too much.

I usually look at withdraw v deposit rates for me to know. After all if i play 300 MTTs and cash in say 50, winning at 25 of them i can make a profit but have a 0% ROI. Does this make me a losing player? Not so sure.

Ill just get a load of my MTT only guide and compare to yours, my STT isnt the best so i want to miss that.

So heres mine
    UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilter
    The_Don90         412£1  £3  19%£242  Tilt66SkyPokerSch. Only
    Ok so recently i havent played so well. But that tilt includes a number of Sats and a Primo so forum isnt actually as bad as it sounds. And the losses mostly come from that,

Anyways, mine isnt that good compared to other players. I learnt playing out my BR etc, which also accounts for what id say is 200-250 of those 412 games.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: wish i stayed in school lol:
    i wouldnt worry about it too much. I usually look at withdraw v deposit rates for me to know. After all if i play 300 MTTs and cash in say 50, winning at 25 of them i can make a profit but have a 0% ROI. Does this make me a losing player? Not so sure. Ill just get a load of my MTT only guide and compare to yours, my STT isnt the best so i want to miss that. So heres mine Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Ability /100 Network Filter The_Don90           412 £1   £3   19% £242   Tilt 66 SkyPoker Sch. Only Ok so recently i havent played so well. But that tilt includes a number of Sats and a Primo so forum isnt actually as bad as it sounds. And the losses mostly come from that, Anyways, mine isnt that good compared to other players. I learnt playing out my BR etc, which also accounts for what id say is 200-250 of those 412 games.
    Posted by The_Don90
    yeah i think keepin it simple is sound advice once its starts to get into negative then al worry lol im a bankroll mega nit so confident im doin the right things so far tnx for ur input m8 !!!
  • edited October 2010
    No probs. I always try to keep my BR double what ive deposited in total, so i only with draw if i have more than that, At the moment im a 0.00 due to a break i took, but will be returning with £40.00 over the weekend so wont withdraw till i get to around £140 so i have a decent amount to take out.