You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Certainly use aggressive chat to win hands, but no swearing please.

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi there,
New to this site  and enjoying it loads.
I think it would help our site if we had a mute feature on individual players. Then the people who type offensive words with spaces between them could be ignored while still talking to the other people who CAN talk without swearing. Just a thought...I am TheObs.

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Certainly use aggressive chat to win hands, but no swearing please.:
    Hi there, New to this site  and enjoying it loads. I think it would help our site if we had a mute feature on individual players. Then the people who type offensive words with spaces between them could be ignored while still talking to the other people who CAN talk without swearing. Just a thought...I am TheObs.
    Posted by TheObs
    Hi m8
    was nice playing with u yesterday.
    there is a community suggestions section on the left on this community page. I'm sure there is a thread for suggestions?
    Hope to see you soon. Good luck (unless I'm playing, of course!)
  • edited October 2010
    Hi TheObs. 

Your point is valid, and nobody sensible could condone abusive behaviour. Having said that, it’s healthy to switch attitude and view this bad behaviour as a massive benefit:

1. If someone is abusing you, then you’ve clearly affected them. As a result, they become distracted, and cannot be playing optimally.

2. They further exacerbate their disadvantage by taking too much time typing... taking their mind even further off the game. It’s similar to those in-car shots you see, of Formula 1 drivers gesticulating madly in the cockpit to back-markers: the driver in front can’t see the gesture, and the driver doing the gesturing is removing his hands from the wheel. Serves no purpose.

Obviously, your point is still valid; a user-function that enabled you to switch off this chat would increase your options as a customer of Sky, but you’d also be missing out on a whole lot of fun – and a lot of free information (that you’re getting under the skin of another player).

For what it’s worth, I’d like to see a ‘Machine Gun’ button on Sky. The idea is that it would be a bit like Tom Courtenay in the film Billy Liar, in which he daydreams about shooting people that annoy him. That would eradicate a lot of hostility.

Actually, I might post this in Community Suggestions (no idea why, they never listened to my last idea about getting Phil Ivey to read poetry in supermarkets).

Finally, if I ever share a table with you and inadvertently call you a Melon Farmer, please pay no attention. I’m probably tipsy.

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Certainly use aggressive chat to win hands, but no swearing please.:
    Hi TheObs.  Your point is valid, and nobody sensible could condone abusive behaviour.

ty for the comment, I agree it is very useful to be aware of an unbalanced player.

You may call me anything you like just try not to use the f or c words, there are many more descriptive ones around lol.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Certainly use aggressive chat to win hands, but no swearing please.:
    Hi there, New to this site  and enjoying it loads. I think it would help our site if we had a mute feature on individual players. Then the people who type offensive words with spaces between them could be ignored while still talking to the other people who CAN talk without swearing. Just a thought...I am TheObs.
    Posted by TheObs
    Hey

We take foul and abusive language in the chatbox seriously here at Sky Poker, if you witness foul, and or abusive language in the chatbox, please report it to Customer Care, you can find the contact details at the bottom of the page.

Thank you

Sky Mod
  • edited October 2010
    ffs for the win
  • edited October 2010
    Will someone please give me a quid for every tme someone posts this?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Certainly use aggressive chat to win hands, but no swearing please.:
    Will someone please give me a quid for every tme someone posts this?
    Posted by RogueCell
    here`s a grand
  • edited October 2010
    Hi TheObs.  Your point is valid, and nobody sensible could condone abusive behaviour. Having said that, it’s healthy to switch attitude and view this bad behaviour as a massive benefit: 1. If someone is abusing you, then you’ve clearly affected them. As a result, they become distracted, and cannot be playing optimally. 2. They further exacerbate their disadvantage by taking too much time typing... taking their mind even further off the game. It’s similar to those in-car shots you see, of Formula 1 drivers gesticulating madly in the cockpit to back-markers: the driver in front can’t see the gesture, and the driver doing the gesturing is removing his hands from the wheel. Serves no purpose. Obviously, your point is still valid; a user-function that enabled you to switch off this chat would increase your options as a customer of Sky, but you’d also be missing out on a whole lot of fun – and a lot of free information (that you’re getting under the skin of another player). For what it’s worth, I’d like to see a ‘Machine Gun’ button on Sky. The idea is that it would be a bit like Tom Courtenay in the film Billy Liar, in which he daydreams about shooting people that annoy him. That would eradicate a lot of hostility. Actually, I might post this in Community Suggestions (no idea why, they never listened to my last idea about getting Phil Ivey to read poetry in supermarkets). Finally, if I ever share a table with you and inadvertently call you a Melon Farmer, please pay no attention. I’m probably tipsy.  
    Posted by FlutNush
    lol, brilliant