You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

KK i hit Trips on flop. Now what?

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Well this was last nights Bh, the hand did get shown on tv as i asked them to, I did mention lats night, that i was pretty sure he hit flush when the turn came, so when he re raised i called hoping to pair board up, not only did it not pair, it brought a card which brought a stright into play.

Would you of called river? or shoved turn?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
cyberdog Small blind  15.00 15.00 2195.00
mrsmarley Big blind  30.00 45.00 1835.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

shaun09 Raise  120.00 165.00 4120.00
Y4JAK Fold     
poolie08 Fold     
Jackoe11is Fold     
cyberdog Call  105.00 270.00 2090.00
mrsmarley Fold     
Flop

• K

cyberdog Check     
shaun09 Bet  120.00 390.00 4000.00
cyberdog Call  120.00 510.00 1970.00
Turn

cyberdog Check     
shaun09 Bet  255.00 765.00 3745.00
cyberdog Raise  765.00 1530.00 1205.00
shaun09 Call  510.00 2040.00 3235.00
River

• Q

cyberdog All-in  1205.00 3245.00 0.00

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Call and cry, Fwiw i would bet more on flop

dont think i'd get away from that unless good read
  • edited October 2010
    i agree with ypung gun, the flop bet allows every draw in the world in with 4-1 on their moneys
  • edited October 2010
    So your both caling river? even tho any j or 2 spades is beating me? that re raise looked suspicious to me.  But also quiet strong.
  • edited October 2010

I missed the J draw, no i probably fold the river crying like mad, but the problem here is the FLOP not the river, bet 3/4 of the pot minimum on the flop,

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: KK i hit Trips on flop. Now what?:
    Call and cry, Fwiw i would bet more on flop dont think i'd get away from that unless good read
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    I'ts worth alot.

Bet it!!!
  • edited October 2010
    the river card is basically a blank. what Jx hands does he raise the turn with that isnt QJ or Jx of spades. fold river and give your monitor the middle finger
  • edited October 2010
    the flop was quiet safe for me providing another spade dint come, which unlucky for me (or not) so i want to keep him interested :/
  • edited October 2010
    the flop was quiet safe for me providing another spade dint come, which unlucky for me (or not) so i want to keep him interested :/
    Posted by shaun09
    Im not sure how that works, you contradic yourself here, you flop the nuts. CORRECT, but you know if a spade falls you can easily be behind, so WHY offer 4-1 odds making your opponent have a PROFITABLE call to hit. This is cash poker isnt it. Therefore profitable calls can make the differance over time.

Sorry maybe im just used to plays like this at No Limit 4, but this is where you learn calls like this can be made and about the odds, i dont mean to sound harsh but its basic poker. If you dont understand this maybe step down the levels and re-evaluate your game over time and learn a few things, i know your not an idiot at the table, but maybe a couple of edges to straighten up on. :)

Don
  • edited October 2010
    i wasnt counting on a spade coming. so was gonan milk him down the streets. but it came. :/ I admit my betting wasnt great, as my pre flop bet was the same as my flop bet.

If your on about stepping down the limits, i play at 2/4 and 4/8 any way. So can got any lower.
  • edited October 2010
    Personally I'm folding the river here. I think there's just too much beating you although I do tend to agree with what LOL_RAISE said about the river being a blank.

fwiw I'm potting the flop here as well. Yes, you've flopped the nuts but barring running spades or the board pairing your hand is vulnerable here & if he's on a draw then make him pay for it.
  • edited October 2010
    well a spade is going to come on turn ~20% of the time so you should plan for when it does come!
  • ybyb
    edited October 2010
    Against this villain you're never good here.
  • edited October 2010
    i wasnt counting on a spade coming. so was gonan milk him down the streets. but it came. :/ I admit my betting wasnt great, as my pre flop bet was the same as my flop bet. If your on about stepping down the limits, i play at 2/4 and 4/8 any way. So can got any lower.
    Posted by shaun09
    Shaun this hand is played at NL30. Pick a limit and stick to it for a while. :)

P.S. I cant really talk about jumping limits, im a big culprit but it means i can tell you how much it damaged my game before i went for a break. :)
  • edited October 2010
    The don. this was in the 10k Bounty hunter last night. What makes you think its 30nl?

blinds are 15/30 not 15p/30p i dont play at 30nl. i also said in first post this is from the 10k Bounty hunter.

Last 5 weeks i have been sticking to my levels and i am winning at my levels

Why is the turn a blank? im thinking he has flush every day of the week here, why am i rong att hinking this? i dint put him on a hand, only flush,
  • edited October 2010
    the turn isnt a blank, the river is. you say you are scared now that Jx beats you but he has no Jx in his range apart from JQ or Jx of spades which are already ahead on the turn
  • edited October 2010
    ah misread sorry shaun.

Although as LOL RAISE says above i must agree.
  • edited October 2010
    why did u put him on flush draw??? what says flush draw??? The re raise looks more like two pair or a lower set trying to finish the pot. If he hit the flush i cant see him raising here unless its a low flush but surely the call pre flop says he has high cards or a low pair (the set)
    The flop bet needs to be pot size or just over pot when there is two same suited on the board really IMO.
    I wouldnt put him on the flush tbh i havent seen the outcome did he have the flush??? i take it u saw on T.V
  • edited October 2010
    the river card is basically a blank. what Jx hands does he raise the turn with that isnt QJ or Jx of spades. fold river and give your monitor the middle finger
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

lololol , this is the second thing I have read this morning that I thought only I did.   I must be normal
  • edited October 2010

ship it in on the turn

You got no more decisions then and plenty of outs if you are already behind. 

• edited October 2010
    Ok i posted hand on tv, and he had 910Hearts. So i was winning but i folded :(
  • edited October 2010
    if you think he has the flush why are you betting the turn.  check the turn then you can call the bet on the river at a far cheaper cost.  you let this pot get far too big especially as you say you thought he has the flush.

if you check turn you can stack him if boards pairs on river or you can call down a smaller bet see that you are beat but not be crippled.

as said above bet more on flop especially with bounty hunter
  • edited October 2010
    Ok thanks for all your comments. i can see where i went wrong. he probably thought i looked weak betting small on flop
  • edited October 2010
    I would have called the river here (an opinion formed before knowing your opponents hole cards). You have 13 outs to a full house or quads at nearly 3/1 if you are losing to a flush, but you will be holding the winning hand quite often as well.

You had the villain covered, with enough chips left over to rebuild, there would have been the sweetner of a bounty if you snapped off a bluff, plus a very nice stack to work with.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to KK i hit Trips on flop. Now what? : Take a fat slug of JD blast out some AC/DC and ram the lot in. I often find that aggression is it's own reward no matter how mindless or psychotic.
    Posted by shelski