You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Saturday Cash show

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat

It's that time again - in just a few hours James and I will be at the helm for 4 hours of fantastic cash action - featuring the 300 game.

The last few weeks have been dramatic - we've seen some brilliant play, some super tilt and the emergence of a new player, Oomail, who has apparently gone from being a near novice to having no problem mixing it with some of Sky Poker's top regulars (all in the space of a week!)

Hopefully Oomail will be back tonight - and you can join him, PhilUk, SimUK and the rest - we'll be televising some lower limit cash from 8pm and will probably get to the 300 game around 9pm.

See you on the raspberry baize...

Trev  

Comments

• edited October 2010
    So once again it will be (the same old faces) on the felt,i think many are now getting frustrated with this and its about time some of the lower staked players got a few hours of fame.
  • edited October 2010
    Debs is right.
    getting so stale and repetitive now.
  • edited October 2010
    Cmon all, more opinions are needed
  • edited October 2010

Debs is right.
    getting so stale and repetitive now.
  • edited October 2010

Debdobs,

I can only repeat what I posted last week.

Only a thought but is is me or is the Saturday night cash game becoming dull. Same faces at the high levels, sure its great to see the moves and how the top players play hands but is this really of interest to the small stakes players, how much are they getting out of it?

I used to be frustrated by the small stakes shown on the show but my guess is the small stakes players are now frustrated by the high stakes players.

So here goes....... Why not have a cash 60 game where the blinds are 15/30 and the min/max buy in is £60, do the same for 25/50, a cash 100. But here's the point, specify that these games are for 15/30 and 25/50 players and that those playing higher are excluded.

Replacing the big game (which ljamesl quite rightly describes as a game with no edge for the best players) with these games and inviting the SPT players on the show to comment on hands would I am sure be invaluable to small stakes players.

Or open 3 tables, cash 300, cash 150 and cash 60 and show all 3 throughout the night.

My thoughts are that by double stacking the 15/30p and the 25/50p tables to create a cash 60 and cash 100 games these will stand out as different, with the players playing deeper the spots/decisions will also be more interesting. Having a member of the SPT in the studio would allow these to be disscussed by players used to these decisions.

I would hope a £60 min/max buy in is within the bankroll limit of a good number of 15/30 players, the same goes for 25/50 at a min/max buy in of £100. I hope Sky give it a try and create a game where lower stake players can feature on Saturday nights and those watching can get invaluable advise from SPT members who have moved through these levels.

• edited October 2010
    It can't be rocket science to create cash 60 and cash 100 tables and FEATURE them on Saturday night, the SPT player analysis can wait until after the move.
  • edited October 2010
    TBH I don't this is the place to discuss this - I agree with you fully BTW and Im sure the nl300 reg players will agree also that they are relied upon a bit much. There is a dedicated thread about this, one that Stein started last week, to which I think people should voice their opinions and leave this one be because all the opinions will once again be jumbled about the place. Gl to Trev and James tonight and to all the players who play, I look forward to watching.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Saturday Cash show:
    It can't be rocket science to create cash 60 and cash 100 tables and FEATURE them on Saturday night, the SPT player analysis can wait until after the move.
    Posted by stien
    Totally agree with your ideas Stein, would be helpfull to BUMP your other thread rather than going through it all again tbh
  • edited October 2010

I like it, show some 50 and 100nl though..........an hour of 30, an hour of 50/100, then 2 hours of the big game.
  • edited October 2010
    I like the Cash 300 also and i am a microstakes player.  I prefer it to watching lower stakes as i feel there is more to be learned the higher you go imo.  Although saying that i do like the sound of stiens idea i feel that would make interesting watching also.

• edited October 2010
    TBH I don't this is the place to discuss this - I agree with you fully BTW and Im sure the nl300 reg players will agree also that they are relied upon a bit much. There is a dedicated thread about this, one that Stein started last week, to which I think people should voice their opinions and leave this one be because all the opinions will once again be jumbled about the place. Gl to Trev and James tonight and to all the players who play, I look forward to watching.
    Posted by dylan12
    I know of steins post and yes i did post my agreement on it,but the thing is unless we keep on mentioning this my fear is that the,same old,same old will keep on going,xx
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Saturday Cash show : I know of steins post and yes i did post my agreement on it,but the thing is unless we keep on mentioning this my fear is that the,same old,same old will keep on going,xx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    I do understand what you mean, but look at what has already happened - James has started another thread for tonight now and this one will just disapear. My whole logic is that it is best to keep a topic within 1 thread - some people may post on this thread a good idea for instance which may not be picked up on - If the subject is contained then I would hope that Sky could print off Stein's thread and go through all the ideas there and view the varying opinions - my whole point is, I do not want to see someone make a good and valid point on this thread and for it to be missed when there is already a dedicated thread which has been bumped already.
  • edited October 2010
    Is it possible 00mail spent a few quid and a few week creating an imagine only to then bring out his A-game?

A bit like Tikay only showing Aces for the first 3 hours of a tournament only to then widen his range after the 3rd break to include kings and sometimes queens?

• edited October 2010
    wot low limit cash are u gonna show can u tell us so i can get on them now ready for the show cheers jacko999...
  • edited October 2010
    Hope you have a good show guys.

I agree with Stien and Deb's comments and posted them on the other thread. Tikay confirmed that they had been passed onto the suits, but any changes son't take place so quickly.

Trev's post was to gee up some enthusiasm, not for more negative thoughts - let's make the most of what we've got - I will be watching :-)
  • edited October 2010

For the record I enjoy the cash 300 show, well except when I 3 bet the UTG raiser with AA got called by him with AJ and he flops JJx, didn't enjoy that bit at all lol. To be fair TK did say he was sending the original thread upstairs so maybe the lower stakes players may get a feature show/spot in the roster along these lines.

The great idea behind the cash 300 show is that this game headlines the show so we all know its on and can tune in accordingly. I agree with you dylan, adding comments to the original thread would be better, keeping them all in one place. So if you play these limits chuck your 2 pence worth in. I guess its up to sky to BUMP the thread to get more feedback?

The original thread is titled master cash.