You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

omaha hand, is there any thing i could of done to stop the call??

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
yeah it's terrible play by villain, however it is 2/4p!

u still should really edit his mane out thou

Comments

• edited October 2010
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Smithy29 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.40
    amanda1983 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.75
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • K
    • A
    • J

GREGHOGG Fold     
    dxxxxhCall  £0.04 £0.10 £4.31
    Smithy29 Call  £0.02 £0.12 £4.38
    amanda1983 Raise  £0.12 £0.24 £3.63
    dxxxxh Call  £0.12 £0.36 £4.19
    Smithy29 Call  £0.12 £0.48 £4.26
    Flop

• Q
    • J

Smithy29 Check     
    amanda1983 Bet  £0.36 £0.84 £3.27
    dxxxxhRaise  £1.26 £2.10 £2.93
    Smithy29 Fold     
    amanda1983 All-in  £3.27 £5.37 £0.00
    dxxxxhCall  £2.37 £7.74 £0.56
    amanda1983 Show
    • J
    • K
    • A
    • J

dxxxxh Show
    • Q

Turn

River

dxxxxh Win Flush to the Queen £7.16  £7
    also after the hand had ended the player in question thought is was nice to take the P*** out of me because he had won. why does he have to say anything? he won the hand just get on with it, im not here to be bullied or made fun of.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: omaha hand, is there any thing i could of done to stop the call??:
    yeah it's terrible play by villain, however it is 2/4p! u still should really edit his mane out thou
    Posted by SHANXTA
    hi. iv changed his name. i just dont understand why he thought it was so funny.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: omaha hand, is there any thing i could of done to stop the call??:
    In Response to Re: omaha hand, is there any thing i could of done to stop the call?? : hi. iv changed his name. i just dont understand why he thought it was so funny.
    Posted by amanda1983
    Hmmmm now i wonder who that could be? with regards to the way you played it i dont think you could have played it any better really and the way the player responded afterwards (hmmm i wonder who that could be?) was very very bad form indeed,xx
  • edited October 2010
     A few points come to mind.

That is an extremely draw heavy board with all manner of straight draws as well as the flush draw so if anyone shows any interest in that board then it would be virtually impossible to get them off their hand.Sets are good to hit but are very vulnerable on draw heavy boards so the chance of being outdrawn is quite high.

Although it wasnt the case in this hand but you could easily have been behind and drawing very thin indeed to an overset so middle and bottom sets need to be aware of this possibility.I dont know any of the history on the table but the fact that you raised preflop and then c-bet could lead to the impression that you only had an overpair that you were overrating in which case the villain could believe themself to be not that far behind with quite a few redraws.

I am a big fan of the chatbox and love a good bit of banter but do not like to see it go beyond that and do not like the idea of any form of abusive behaviour therein.

Back to the hand i think you played it as well as you could have but draws and redraws is the nature of the game in omaha and these are things that need to dealt with and move on.The old cliche is that you got your money in good so you should be happy but in omaha just being ahead is not always enough. The capacity for having redraws is truly desirable when committing yourself to a hand. Hopefully you can put aside the bad feelings and carry on playing this wonderful variant and have lots of success.
  • edited October 2010
    ul i dont think you can really do much to stop losing here but u can easily control this pot, like Talon said its very draw heavy and in omaha i dont really like shoving flop unless im drawing aswell as hit so i would say check call the flop and shove turn to a safe card in ur mind. However i think money is going in.

Also for the record 2p 4p isnt the same in omaha as it is in texas holdem its of a higher standard.
    And also we can still tell who that player is, maybe u shud xxxxxx out the whole name.
  • edited October 2010
    odd dont think dohhhh generally gives stick maybe he just was aware of how lucky he got, dont take anything personally by it hes a top bloke and a good player(normally lol)
  • edited October 2010
    odd dont think dohhhh generally gives stick maybe he just was aware of how lucky he got, dont take anything personally by it hes a top bloke and a good player(normally lol)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Seen the op before it was edited it wasn't dohhhh
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: omaha hand, is there any thing i could of done to stop the call?? : Seen the op before it was edited it wasn't dohhhh
    Posted by MADMOO

Oh lol makes sense now, bet alot of people tink it is him now for the guessing game :P

worked out who it is and still think the same dar..
  • edited October 2010
    Just something that i think everyone missed, maybe wrong. The OP also had the straight and FH re-draw, not just the set i suppose. :)

Ok so the diamond hit, wp btw :)