You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Sports DS Sats

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
£220 is a lot to pay for most at Sky.  Therefore surely satellites are a good idea?  Today (Sunday) is one of the major days for playing poker yet the next sat (as far as i can see) isn't until 27th, just a day before the event.  Is this being done with the intention of having mainly direct buyins and a smaller field or some other reason?  Why is a daily sat a bad idea?  Surely Sky should be looking at getting as many people as possible to play this event and use it as a flagship tourny with a great prize?  Maybe it's because it's hampered by TV scheduling?

Whatever the reason..... please more sats

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Yeah i agree,although even a SAT is outta my bankroll lol.

While we are on the subject of sats i hope that they also re-introduce a SUNDAY sat into the MONDAY NIGHT £22 BUY IN DEEPSTACK.
  • edited October 2010
    Bump

Opinions anyone?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Sports DS Sats:
    Yeah i agree,although even a SAT is outta my bankroll lol. While we are on the subject of sats i hope that they also re-introduce a SUNDAY sat into the MONDAY NIGHT £22 BUY IN DEEPSTACK.
    Posted by debdobs_67

Agree with you on sat for monday night deepstack
  • edited October 2010
    totally agree.  should be sats running every night for this IMO and more should be done to promote them

i did try and get in thursday but only 1 runner.
  • edited October 2010
    i agree too, iv entered into quite a few and everytime there havnt been enough people, more needs to be done to promote these satellites and more need to be run, this is the biggest tourney sky do!! Also agree about the monday deep stack satellites too!
  • edited October 2010
    IMO there should be a Semi sat mid week (wednesday cos it's known as DS night) and another 1 on sunday when traffic is high. If they are promoted then im sure they would get runners. Trouble with sats every night is that when they don't fill then people forget about them and don't bother trying. If I knew I had 2 opportunities a week to qualify through the Semi finals then I would deffo play. As for the Q/F it's the same again, not enough runners, so maybe again less sats and to have them twice a week - Tuesday and Saturday maybe. Im just trying to think outside of the box - if people knew they only had 2 chances a week to qualify then maybe they would make more of an effort. 

As for sats for the £22 DS, why are they scrapped, was it because they never had enough runners? If so then fair enough, I remember there was a thread asking for £22 DS sats which sky provided and if they didn't get enough runners then it's hard to ask sky again, they can only do so much especially with them providing a new mtt schedule as it is, no need to clutter the lobby up again with sats that no one plays imo.  
  • edited October 2010

Good thread.

I'll send it to Adam.
  • edited October 2010

It has been mentioned before but a very good idea is to run sats the evening before a Main Event for those who work during the day but would still like to play an OPEN/PRIMO/LARGER DEEPSTACK etc etc but due to BR could only qualify through a sat.

I qualified last weekend into the Saturday Open & Sunday Primo through sats, which if they were not available during the day, it would not of been possible due to my BR ATM. The week end sats will mostly get enough runners in them.

With the new Tournament schedule being updated soon (1st nov, I think), It would, IMHO,be beneficial to Sky Poker and players for sats to be reviewed with regard to number available/times run & wherever possible, highlighted in the lobby to promote them more. There  always seems to be 100+ runners in the semi final for the Primo on Sunday which is great, and with a bit of knowledgeable tweaking, other sats would hopefully get more numbers in them.