You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Big Sunday Night Game- live on 865 at 8pm- with Rich and Ed

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
GAME ON!

Yes, it's the big one- The Primo. At least £12.5K up for distribution and, if last week was anything to go by, it will probably be more like £15k!

Ed and I are ready to bring you full coverage of  tonight's carnage from 8pm- along with some mid-level cash, The Poker Clinic featuring the forum's very own Trip5 (aka Irene) live on the phone and plenty of famous players in new exclusive interviews recorded just the other week.

So start your engines- we want your input on this thread. Hand requests, banter, questions- fire at will!

Ed has an interesting challenge on the go- see
this thread- and we'll be updating you on that throughout the night!

And my comedy topic for tonight-

What happened on your worst dating experience?

Or, put it another way- What was the moment you knew straight away that the date was going nowhere?

Maybe something they specifically said or did which caused that romantic record playing in your head to come to an abrupt halt with the sound of the needle being dragged across it rapidly.

Here's mine- the moment I went in for a snog and distinctly felt a moustache. And no, not mine...

Let's be having them then! :)

Comments

• edited October 2010
    i`m still awiting for who won last comp with me ( posting threads )
  • edited October 2010
    So chatting up Budgirl wasn't your only gender confused mistake Rich ! x
  • edited October 2010

aka knight tripdave, value-town, bubble girl trippyplop

go easy on me boys...i'm a veritable virgin...

xx

• edited October 2010
    Hi Rich think there is a patten forming here everyone you try and chat up at the tables turns out to be a bloke .And now you are telling us that you cant even tell the difference between male or female in real life LMAO.First thing tomorrow go to Specsavers or seek medical help ASAP.
  • edited October 2010
    Hmmm, everyone so far being a bit reticent with their dating disaster stories?

Come on you cowards! Spill the beans! I'm sure Giddins will have a few! LOL
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: The Big Sunday Night Game- live on 865 at 8pm- with Rich and Ed:
    Hi Rich think there is a patten forming here everyone you try and chat up at the tables turns out to be a bloke .And now you are telling us that you cant even tell the difference between male or female in real life LMAO.First thing tomorrow go to Specsavers or seek medical help ASAP.
    Posted by chew07

No, she was definitely female! She just had a little tache that was barely noticeable until you got in close.

That said, her name was Bryan and she had a really low voice. Hang on a second....
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: The Big Sunday Night Game- live on 865 at 8pm- with Rich and Ed:
    aka knight tripdave, value-town, bubble girl trippyplop go easy on me boys...i'm a veritable virgin... xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    hi trip5/irene, remember to use spell checking on your posts.  it's spelt, "vegetable."

• edited October 2010
    Oh dear, another one that I'm tempted to answer but probably shouldn't :) Shouldn't give anyone info on my play unless these unnamed people happen to be on my live table and then I'd probably scarper :p

Surprise surprise it was an arranged date! Greeted by essentially a twig that resembled a woman and her friend that I knew, we went around Sheffield having a few drinks in bars then came to this particular bar (note this was about 10 years ago) that you had to be 21+ to enter. Only my friend that I came with wasn't allowed in (he looked about 12 and didn't bring his ID) and so being the great friend I was I couldn't ditch him so at that point we were split off from one another. Later on we managed to all meet up again and were about to go into a club. Cue this 'blind' date (I almost wish I had been to be honest...) deciding she doesn't feel well and wants to go home. Pretending it was a 'damn my luck' moment I was secretly glad of this. Later on though I find out that she was planning on leaving through a toilet window to get away from the date.

Think i'll mark that one down to a lucky break for us both as it clearly wouldn't have had a future ;)

Or, put it another way- What was the moment you knew straight away that the date was going nowhere?

Similar-ish story to you this one Rich...

Another time when I knew that it just wasn't right is when I took a girl to a pub and it was one of those summer days when the sunlight shined into the pub somewhat through the windows. Lucky for me it was that sort of day as when sat on one of the sofas I noticed a big shine coming from her face. Thank you sun for I noticed a great big (previously camouflaged) moustache which was bigger than my own at that age I might add gleaming away in the sunlight. Let's just say from that moment on things got a bit 'hairy' (ahem). Joking on the last part but it didn't work out nor did I buy her a razor for Christmas.

My last encounter was an online dating match up. I've been with her 4 years now in December but she doesn't like Poker. Biggest disaster of them all haha.
  • edited October 2010

Definitely knew it was a fail when it was red hot outside, and she wouldn't even take her cardigan off. 

Might as well have called it a day there n then eh Ed?

• edited October 2010

hi rich, can i just apologise, late i know, for not shaving properly the last time we met.

• edited October 2010
    One for Ed this one, what gave you more joy - your 5-15 figures against Zimbabwe or your greatest poker win? :)
  • edited October 2010

-----------

As soon as i saw her

I got to know a girl through a phone dating site (before internet dating sites).  She descibed herself as cuddly , so i knew she wasn,t skinny. we spoke for hours on the phone for a cpl of weeks and then decided to meet.
    As i came out of the train station i saw the car and my heart sunk. I couldn,t see that clearly as it was dark but could make out the frame of her body. I,ve nothing against big girls, but theres big then theres huge. she was the latter.
    I could have turned back but there were no more trains home so went with the flow.
    I saw her for a couple of weeks as i didn,t have the heart to tell her i wasn,t attractted to her, and personality wise she was great.
    After several excuses of having a headache she fianlly got the message and gradually we stopped seeing each other

I met another girl from the same dating line and our first date involved me getting the coach up to Carlisle as she was staying for the weekend with her family, who she had not seen in a while for a wedding. She had told her family we had being seeing each other for a few months even though the only contact we had was a few hours on the phone. I thought this was odd but decided to go along with it 

I met her outside her brothers house (where we would be staying) and was pleasantly suprised by her good looks.
    I wasn,t aware we would be sleeping togethor in the same room as her 4 kids though.
    The weekend went suprisingly well and I met all her family and on the  Monday we got the train home, she went to York and me to Lancaster.
    When i tried to phone her again she wouldn,t answer and eventualy when she did she  admitted she had just used me for that weekend as she was to embarassed to introduce her "real" boyfriend to her family  as he was an alchoholic.
    I was gutted at the time, but looking back I was far to young to take on 4 kids anyway

That was the end of phone dating 4 me  

• edited October 2010
    My worst dating disaster well......................................

Just before the crucial moment of our first night in bed together.............She told be she was pregnant.

Now i've heard of premature...........but that's just ridiculous. especially since I was using protection.
  • edited October 2010
    Or, put it another way- What was the moment you knew straight away that the date was going nowhere? ----------- As soon as i saw her I got to know a girl through a phone dating site (before internet dating sites).  She descibed herself as cuddly , so i knew she wasn,t skinny. we spoke for hours on the phone for a cpl of weeks and then decided to meet. As i came out of the train station i saw the car and my heart sunk. I couldn,t see that clearly as it was dark but could make out the frame of her body. I,ve nothing against big girls, but theres big then theres huge. she was the latter. I could have turned back but there were no more trains home so went with the flow. I saw her for a couple of weeks as i didn,t have the heart to tell her i wasn,t attractted to her, and personality wise she was great. After several excuses of having a headache she fianlly got the message and gradually we stopped seeing each other What happened on your worst dating experience? I met another girl from the same dating line and our first date involved me getting the coach up to Carlisle as she was staying for the weekend with her family, who she had not seen in a while for a wedding. She had told her family we had being seeing each other for a few months even though the only contact we had was a few hours on the phone. I thought this was odd but decided to go along with it  I met her outside her brothers house (where we would be staying) and was pleasantly suprised by her good looks. I wasn,t aware we would be sleeping togethor in the same room as her 4 kids though. The weekend went suprisingly well and I met all her family and on the  Monday we got the train home, she went to York and me to Lancaster. When i tried to phone her again she wouldn,t answer and eventualy when she did she  admitted she had just used me for that weekend as she was to embarassed to introduce her "real" boyfriend to her family  as he was an alchoholic. I was gutted at the time, but looking back I was far to young to take on 4 kids anyway That was the end of phone dating 4 me  
    Posted by MP33

1. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL The old cuddly description!!

2. You really have gotta stop "going with it"

3. Alcoholics ftw, but did u get sum??????

haha great read that. Go to NSC and tell us how much u binked on your bet.

• edited October 2010
    Not a date as such but a girl I met when out drinking.

Anyway, got lucky and ended up back at hers. I'd been drinking shots all night and my stomach wasn't feeling the best but I wasn't giving up that easily. Eventually made our way to the bedroom and just as we were about to get down to the deed I was sick all over her.

She didn't see me again.
  • edited October 2010

"By the way, I'm, pregnant!"

Wow Trev- that's a good one.

This is gonna be a great topic!

Keep em coming- could be a classic tonight.

• edited October 2010
    Thought I would post a hand to have a look at as well - ID 301291184.

Fairly simple I imagine. I guess I was just a little silly as it was clear the board was straightening after the flop and especially the turn but was I aggressive enough? They DID have a lot more chips than me so could afford to take a gamble.

Would like to know as Ed is usually the best in terms of telling it how it is :) To make matters worse I had trips just now on another freeroll and was beaten exactly the same way but didn't lose many chips as I anticipated another scenario. That's poker...or is it?

Another hand 301323827 in a freeroll was a little frustrating but again it happens. Beaten by a pair of 9's with an all in on the flop. Crazy villain or crazy me? He appeared to be bullying the table for blinds initially.

Both actually fairly loose for me.
  • edited October 2010
    can`t mention names ( dohhhh ) this person went on a date every thing was great chating wise, cider wise, then being a gent took her home when they was invited in for a coffee ? well it got a bit amorous when other parts did not want want too touch those part`s unless it was your own ?
  • edited October 2010
    worst date disaster?

i had just taken my date to the local pub. everything was going really sweetly and it looked really good. that is until her sister walked in. i had taken her out and spent the night with her earlier in the week! i did try to protest that the date was only as friends but she had already seen me with my lips locked on her sisters'. what followed included lots of shouting and profanity and with me left on the floor with severely bruised testicles and an even more bruised ego!!!! for some reason i found it very hard to get a date in that town after that.
  • edited October 2010

Hi Rich & Ed have a great show tonight

Would just like to say GOOD LUCK to Irene in tonights Primo & on the phone hope she has a great night & Cashes

Michael
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to The Big Sunday Night Game- live on 865 at 8pm- with Rich and Ed:
    GAME ON! Yes, it's the big one- The Primo. At least £12.5K up for distribution and, if last week was anything to go by, it will probably be more like £15k! Ed and I are ready to bring you full coverage of  tonight's carnage from 8pm- along with some mid-level cash, The Poker Clinic featuring the forum's very own Trip5 (aka Irene) live on the phone and plenty of famous players in new exclusive interviews recorded just the other week. So start your engines- we want your input on this thread. Hand requests, banter, questions- fire at will! Ed has an interesting challenge on the go- see this thread - and we'll be updating you on that throughout the night! And my comedy topic for tonight- What happened on your worst dating experience? Or, put it another way- What was the moment you knew straight away that the date was going nowhere? Maybe something they specifically said or did which caused that romantic record playing in your head to come to an abrupt halt with the sound of the needle being dragged across it rapidly. Here's mine- the moment I went in for a snog and distinctly felt a moustache. And no, not mine... Let's be having them then! :)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    hi guys are you both at blackpool at the weekend,see you there for great weekend if you are
  • edited October 2010
    bad fold.....discuss

xx
  • edited October 2010
    bad fold.....discuss 301332361 xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    just went out with pocket kings ouchshow the hand if you can
  • edited October 2010
    Unlucky or stupidity?

Hand History #301339519
  • edited October 2010
    Hi Rich, Ed

The player had already shown he was a station, expected the call with a wide range, so, didnt think he had a K, so thought, well what the heck :)
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: The Big Sunday Night Game- live on 865 at 8pm- with Rich and Ed : just went out with pocket kings ouchshow the hand if you can
    Posted by SHAUNY
    a bit of a stinker, vul
  • edited October 2010
    Hi guys,

please could you answer a question for me? What should I do when the flop comes paired and I have the single card paired? e.g flop comes 88K and I have KX. I've bet out in the past but opponents take that as "hes not got the trips otherwise he would have checked" then they put me all in. But if I check I risk losing my hand to a straightening board or flush draws etc?
  • edited October 2010
    busto...jj into ak...

first card...a

nh pryce6

xx
  • edited October 2010
    ok my worst date was 15yrs ago,we`ve now been married 12yrs, will be thirteen in janaury unless she reads this, lol you can say this over the air, she does have a sense off humour, we`ll the misses does support man-utd
  • edited October 2010
    Hello Gents, my own personal dating disaster involved taking one for the team....but not literally taking one if you know what I mean.

it was around about 1990, on holiday with a mate and a few of his family at Butlins. My mate got chatting to this pretty fit lass, and his intentions were clear from the kick-off, but the lass was insistent that nothing would be happening unless a double-date was agreed with me and her "cuddly" sister making up the foursome.

I mulled it over with my mate during a pint or two and said it was fine for him....it was me ending up with the munter so he could do the business.

Anyway the night went ok....I tried to stay in well-lit public areas to avoid being savaged, but then it got a bit awkward when we were going back to the caravan, basically my mate wasn`t getting any unless I was giving the "well-built" sister a bit. Luckily it is a bit easier with a headful of beer and after doing the deed, I thought I was in the clear after she fell asleep (after, not during btw)

I attempted to escape the cramped bedroom in the caravan to undertake my "walk of shame", but on leaving the bedroom I witnessed my mate doing naughtiness. "See Ya, Ya C***" I said....said Bye to his bit as well, but got no reply.

When my mate crawled back, he enthused about how good a night he had. I said I was a bit disappointed his lass never replied when I said Bye....."She couldn't, her mouth was full"

Took me the rest of the day to work out what he meant, and I had to spend the last 3 days avoiding a cuddly extra from "The hand that rocks the cradle" :0(

Snooker Tables at Butlins for the win......