You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The mighty oasis play bridlington spa,my review

edited August 2009 in The Shed

Oasis play Bridlington spa(a fans review)
20th august 2009
Oasis are playing at the spa, capacity 3800
We decide to go half an hour after the doors open to avoid the queue but there was still about 400 in front of us, it didn’t take long though and  we were in in 15 minutes.
Plenty of time to grab a beer from the bottle bar and then we were able to get to within 20 feed away from the front.
The support act were Detroit social club, who I have not heard before but they were very good with a kasabian type sound and got the crowd well warmed up.
Then it was time! He lights went down and on struts liam and noel, the crowd roared and then about 300 plastic pint pots of lager flew into the air!
Then the band exploded into rock and roll star and 3800 people jumped into the air, hands punching to the drummers beat.
The noise was deafening,3800 people in the enclosed hall sounded louder then the 90000 at the Wembley semi final I went to in April.
More beer hit’s the back of my head but by now it makes no difference because I am soaked by the combination of lager and the sweat that is running down my face as the temperature must of hit at least 100 degrees. Rather more worrying is the fact that
I get hit by liquid again but this time its warm!(I will let you imagine what it was)but they were not selling tea or coffee!
The band worked their way through a set list of old and new songs my favourite moments being half the world away and the spine tingling don’t look back in anger which was amazing as every single person in the room sang every word.
Its well documented that liam and noel don’t get on, but they are ultra professional and anyone that tries to tell you that liams voice is going clearly have not seen them live!
All in all it was an amazing gig and one I will never forget,in 20 years time people will still be talking about “the night oasis came to brid…”
Lastly I must just congratulate all at the spa for being able to attract a band of oasis’s stature and the whole night was perfectly organised from start to finish

d.p.marley

Comments