You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hand for Hand.... Yes or No?

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
Been a few posts lately about people slow playing near the bubble. Nothing wrong with this, I generally play for the win, but if i'm 2 or 3 from the money and only have 10 blinds then job A is to make the money, then job B is go for the win. Having hand for hand will stop this and keep the game going along smoothly.

Would you like hand for hand to be introduced? If there is a big swing for yes then we can pass the idea on...

Comments

• edited October 2010
    For the new players who don't know what hand for hand means, its when approaching the bubble for the cash and final table everyone starts each hand at the same time and the next hand does not start until all tables have finished, which stops players running down the clock and puts everyone on an equal playing field.
  • edited October 2010
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Hand for Hand.... Yes or No?:
    For the new players who don't know what hand for hand means, its when approaching the bubble for the cash and final table everyone starts each hand at the same time and the next hand does not start until all tables have finished, which stops players running down the clock and puts everyone on an equal playing field.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    thanks i didnt no what it means but now i do i think its a good idea
  • edited October 2010
    Bubbles would burst a lot quicker if it was hand for hand.
  • edited October 2010
    Only in sats for me -

Unless they pause the clock in normal tournys and we play the same level until the bubble bursts.

Sat waiting for other hands to finish is more tilting for me than seeing a guys timer run down.

• edited October 2010

A definite yes from me. I play a lot of deepstacks and this situation/problem can be tenfold when it comes to the FT/Bubble due to no one really being 'short stacked' and the game will understandable be slowed down because, after 3/4 hours of play, nobody wants to bust out and the bubble can often last up to an hour. If H4H was introduced, this would dramatically cut this time period down.  
  • edited October 2010
  • edited October 2010
    ibluff= new player huh??? lol

I am 1million % behind this may save me a few bubbles lol
  • edited October 2010
    I spoke with Adam I think about this briefy in  Swansea, he asked me if we needed H4H in everything and tbh I don't think you do, I think you can take it to the extreme at times. For me it's only the sats that really need them as JJ said above. The other question is then, when do you introduce H4H, right on the bubble or a few spots out?
  • edited October 2010
    I spoke with Adam I think about this briefy in  Swansea, he asked me if we needed H4H in everything and tbh I don't think you do, I think you can take it to the extreme at times. For me it's only the sats that really need them as JJ said above. The other question is then, when do you introduce H4H, right on the bubble or a few spots out?
    Posted by dylan12
    TBF Dylan, I have agreed with everything you have said previous on this subject but not this one mate for reasons stated above in my post. If there are two tables left with 7 players, there is obv a table of 4 and a table of 3 and in this situation H4H is imperative.
    Your thoughts?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Hand for Hand.... Yes or No? : TBF Dylan, I have agreed with everything you have said previous on this subject but not this one mate for reasons stated above in my post. If there are two tables left with 7 players, there is obv a table of 4 and a table of 3 and in this situation H4H is imperative. Your thoughts?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    sorry dylan but i agree with maxally on this one. ok maybe not for a small roulette or 15 people tournament, but say H4H with 7 players left on any tournament more than 20 players? and of coarse say the money bubble on the likes of the Primo etc.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Hand for Hand.... Yes or No? : TBF Dylan, I have agreed with everything you have said previous on this subject but not this one mate for reasons stated above in my post. If there are two tables left with 7 players, there is obv a table of 4 and a table of 3 and in this situation H4H is imperative. Your thoughts?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Hi al

I was thinking of the Primo as an example there tbh where all tables will be 5 or 6 max'd on the money bubble. In an mtt with 7 left like a DS as you are probably refering to, tbh I can understand the logic in why you would want H4H because it is common sense and only fair in a way but in that situation I don't think it plays such an important factor for these reasons - both tables will no doubt be using their timers at this stage anyway which means that H4H has no beneficial use because you are still stuck in the same boat really and at a distinct disadvantage on the 3 handed table because even with H4H you will be posting more blinds etc. If you tell me that not everyone would be using their timers then fair enough H4H would be beneficial but when I have played them in the past 99% of the time most use their timers to slow the action down. Im not saying that is a logical answer al, im trying give an answer that may form debate.

I wasn't and am not now saying that the DS should not have H4H btw, I was asked in Swansea what I would like H4H to be on and satellites were my only answer and I don't mean H4H for the bubble but for it to begin a few places out. No doubt H4H would be great for every game on sky and in time who knows, I am trying to be realistic now and prioritise what format I would want H4H to be introduced to be tested out, for me it's the sats, for you al it's probably the DS, for others it would be something else.

The other problem Sky would have is, they need H4H for the money bubble - how far out do  they begin these?For mtt's like the Primo,do we also need H4H before the FT because the prizes are worth more, and if so, again  from how far out?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Hand for Hand.... Yes or No? : sorry dylan but i agree with maxally on this one. ok maybe not for a small roulette or 15 people tournament, but say H4H with 7 players left on any tournament more than 20 players? and of coarse say the money bubble on the likes of the Primo etc.
    Posted by The_Don90
    No need to be sorry Don, we have different opinions, that is healthy right?
    What I would just pick up on there, if you do it for a small DS like the Alan's example then you must imo do them for every mtt regardless of size and that is why I stated I would only do it for sats.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Hand for Hand.... Yes or No? : No need to be sorry Don, we have different opinions, that is healthy right? What I would just pick up on there, if you do it for a small DS like the Alan's example then you must imo do them for every mtt regardless of size and that is why I stated I would only do it for sats.
    Posted by dylan12
    The only reason i say this ive seen MTTs including deepies with only 7 people on them, so would you start on H4H when theres no actual gain for final table except not being first out?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Hand for Hand.... Yes or No? : The only reason i say this ive seen MTTs including deepies with only 7 people on them, so would you start on H4H when theres no actual gain for final table except not being first out?
    Posted by The_Don90
    I am not a technical expert or anything but surely if H4H was used for FT bubble then sky will have this programmed automatically for any FT bubble and that is what 7 player mtt field would technically be, a FT bubble.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Hand for Hand.... Yes or No? : I am not a technical expert or anything but surely if H4H was used for FT bubble then sky will have this programmed automatically for any FT bubble and that is what 7 player mtt field would technically be, a FT bubble.
    Posted by dylan12
    Agreed. If it can be implemented for one scenario ie sats, it should be implemented across the board which hopefully would address any grey areas which might crop up. I feel Sky Poker should investigate how H4H works on other reputable poker sites to alleviate any foreseeable problems TBH.

Would this be a good time to mention late registration to MTT's??  :) 
  • edited October 2010
    dont mind late registrations as occasionally will miss out on tourney you want to play, although i do think if you want to do a tourney should do from the start to give yourself better chance

So for that Pinky i am undecided
  • edited October 2010
    this is needed as are sycronised breaks. 
  • edited October 2010
    dont mind late registrations as occasionally will miss out on tourney you want to play, although i do think if you want to do a tourney should do from the start to give yourself better chance So for that Pinky i am undecided
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    lol, does that make Matchka Perky? Pinky and Perky, lol, comic genius Gunner.
  • edited October 2010
    There are literally hundreds of things sky needs to do to improve their software to make it more industry standard in order to compete with other on-line poker operators. As with all things this development will be constrained by time and resources therefore making prioritising essential. 

I personally think HFH shouldn't be at the top of that list of essential upgrades. I think things like the introduction of antes in tournaments, late registration and time bank, amongst many other things, are more important. Although I do think it should be introduced eventually. 
  • edited October 2010
    this is needed as are sycronised breaks. 
    Posted by scotty77

now that would be incred. might aswell ask for antes whilst we're at it
  • ybyb
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Hand for Hand.... Yes or No? : now that would be incred. might aswell ask for antes whilst we're at it
    Posted by beaneh
    I think we need auto top-up as well, don't you agree?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Hand for Hand.... Yes or No? : I think we need auto top-up as well, don't you agree?
    Posted by yb

funnily enough no, now gtfo!

lol

I was 21 tabling yesterday and I don't think I was 'not topped up' for anything more than 30 seconds on any one table. :)
  • edited October 2010
    Posted by FlashFlush

thanks for explaining hand for hand i have voted yes as i think its a great idea m8
  • ybyb
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Hand for Hand.... Yes or No? : funnily enough no, now gtfo! lol I was 21 tabling yesterday and I don't think I was 'not topped up' for anything more than 30 seconds on any one table. :)
    Posted by beaneh
    lol

just think if you had auto top-up you might have managed 22! :p
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Hand for Hand.... Yes or No? : lol just think if you had auto top-up you might have managed 22! :p
    Posted by yb

errr no there were only 21 games running within the limits I could be bothered to play loooool

didn't wanna add in 3 nl10/20 just for the sake of it :p