You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

correct to call this down?

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
ok so this hand was just after losing with KK in the previous hand, im on a loose table, so when it comes don 3 clubs i think a rag ace is likley in the hand, so a Q and a club will be good, the turn also offers me a jack.

Ok so my read is wrong for the bigger stacked opponent, but i got there against the odds, opinions please.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.44
 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.96
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

Fold     
The_Don90 Raise  £0.20 £0.26 £3.53
Call  £0.20 £0.46 £0.51
 Fold     
 Call  £0.16 £0.62 £3.80
Flop

• A

Bet  £0.47 £1.09 £3.33
The_Don90 Call  £0.47 £1.56 £3.06
 Call  £0.47 £2.03 £0.04
Turn

• K

Bet  £0.84 £2.87 £2.49
The_Don90 Call  £0.84 £3.71 £2.22
 All-in  £0.04 £3.75 £0.00
River

Check     
The_Don90 All-in  £2.22 £5.97 £0.00
 Call  £2.22 £8.19 £0.27
 Show
  • J

The_Don90 Show
  • Q
  • Q

Show
  • A

The_Don90 Win Flush to the Ace £7.58  £7.58

Comments

• edited October 2010
    I really dont know at these levels don, after ace comes on flop & 3 clubs id probably get rid as bound to have an ace someone and other person likely to have made flush or A Clubs which will cancel out your 2nd nut flush draw

i probably call flop and then fold turn
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: correct to call this down?:
    I really dont know at these levels don, after ace comes on flop & 3 clubs id probably get rid as bound to have an ace someone and other person likely to have made flush or A Clubs which will cancel out your 2nd nut flush draw i probably call flop and then fold turn
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Thats on the flop mate ;)
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: correct to call this down? : Thats on the flop mate ;)
    Posted by The_Don90
    Mean King Clubs sorry eg. nut flush draw
  • edited October 2010
    Yea, i was pretty confident i was ahead on river, but until then my play was soo spewy i think
  • edited October 2010
    Hi don
    By no means being an expert, here's my 2p worth:
    Flop - fine although I think you were lucky the one with the flopped flush didn't shove
    Turn - I'd call probably but wouldn't like it. probably just getting the odds as I would be thinking ace or strong king like KQ or KJ
    Given my run at the moment they would have had the king!

Hope to catch you on the tables soon (maybe!!).
  • edited October 2010
    Hi don By no means being an expert, here's my 2p worth: Flop - fine although I think you were lucky the one with the flopped flush didn't shove Turn - I'd call probably but wouldn't like it. probably just getting the odds as I would be thinking ace or strong king like KQ or KJ Given my run at the moment they would have had the king! Hope to catch you on the tables soon (maybe!!).
    Posted by walesboy
    Yea as you said i called as ithought i was getting the odds, but i hated it.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to correct to call this down?:
    Masterly play my lord. If in doubt just ram. Too concerned too ? Then drink whilst playing.
    I really find it helps a lot if I've been drinking heavily for 4 reasons. 1- You are luckier when drunk. This is a scientific fact. 2- If you cruely get beaten you laugh more and don't really care too much. Poker should be fun because, let's face facts, we are all not going to turn into worldbeaters.  3-People think you are a maniac and want to play more pots with you. Just tighten up. This is a tip for advanced drinkers only that play poker. Lightweights beware 4- It's more fun to look at a spiky graph rather than a tedious upward incline. Mathmaticians ALWAYS fail to interpret a graph using artistic considerations. Fooos. They always hate losing so much that it's worth making mathematically incorrect decisions PURELY because it pees them of if you win and makes them think you are an idiot if they do. Can't lose in time. More luck to you in the future man and well played once again. Poker is purely  results orientated despite the pundits murmurings.