You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

4 high flush ever good here?

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancericoramb03Small blind £0.25£0.25£105.78GliterBabeBig blind £0.50£0.75£72.11ancutza123Big blind £0.50£1.25£10.80 Your hole cards34   jimmynolegFold    fisherkingFold    ancutza123Raise £0.50£1.75£10.30olliespawCall £1.00£2.75£28.96ricoramb03Call £0.75£3.50£105.03GliterBabeFold    Flop  2J10   ricoramb03Check    ancutza123Bet £1.00£4.50£9.30olliespawCall £1.00£5.50£27.96ricoramb03Call £1.00£6.50£104.03Turn  7   ricoramb03Check    ancutza123Bet £3.00£9.50£6.30olliespawCall £3.00£12.50£24.96ricoramb03Raise £8.00£20.50£96.03ancutza123All-in £6.30£26.80£0.00olliespawAll-in £24.96£51.76£0.00

Comments

• edited October 2010
    I'm only scared of olliespaw if he pushes here, seems like he could also have flush which will obviously be better than mine. I made the check raise small enough because if olliespaw shoves I can get away from the hand. But do I actually want to get off this hand? If he pushing with a single big spade? I'm quite sure ollie isn't much of a reg so I think a single big spade is well in his range. Call or fold this shove? Thoughts please?
  • edited October 2010
    fold preflop he onjly has 60bbs and you are oo pwith 4high.

i would probably lead out on the turn tbh, id defiately c/r bigger and have no intention of folding
  • edited October 2010
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: 4 high flush ever good here?:
    call
    Posted by N1CK
    As detailed a response as ever.

Anyway on to a reply of at least some use.

I presume you called the flop because you believed that if you hit your flush you are winning, and if that's the way you've played it then you should be calling imo.
  • edited October 2010
    Yuk! ... But for another £16 to win a £67 pot you need to call. Olliespaw is a bit of lagtard as well, so he may only have 2 pair or a set here
  • edited October 2010
    Yuk!! Get back to being nitty Rico ffs!! lol

I call on the river here as played, had he shoved for more then it's a more difficult call and I probably fold.
    Fold pre as well to stop putting yourself in these tricky spots v villains you don't have much reads on :) NIT FTW!!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to
    Are you a wum ? Come on man over time what do you really think ? I don't rate this holding hugely against ANY random hand. Poker is about generating situations of considerable advantage. You know the answer to this already. If you had have rammed it ALL IN on the flop your opponent would have folded. If he/she calls and is ahead you can easily suck out.  Have you considered steroids ? Or lying totally. Look at the board .Perhaps play drunk for a week. You may gain some massive insights. I'm no expert btw. If you are going to play hands like this play them like a-a. It's a sick weird game where people don't usually hit. Listen to cats like dohhhhhhhhhh. If in doubt bet but do it like you really mean it. RAM. They will let you know if they ARE SURE they have the best hand. Like Chuck D recommends " fight the power ". Good luck btw.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Are you a wum ? Come on man over time what do you really think ? I don't rate this holding hugely against ANY random hand. Poker is about generating situations of considerable advantage. You know the answer to this already. If you had have rammed it ALL IN on the flop your opponent would have folded. If he/she calls and is ahead you can easily suck out.  Have you considered steroids ? Or lying totally. Look at the board .Perhaps play drunk for a week. You may gain some massive insights. I'm no expert btw. If you are going to play hands like this play them like a-a. It's a sick weird game where people don't usually hit. Listen to cats like dohhhhhhhhhh. If in doubt bet but do it like you really mean it. RAM. They will let you know if they ARE SURE they have the best hand. Like Chuck D recommends " fight the power ". Good luck btw.
    Posted by shelski

Alright legend, take a chill pill. Obv i've been playing this game totally wrong with me 4 high flush draw, no overs and roughly 35% chance of winning on the flop (providing no one else has a spade or even 2 spades for that matter), I was looking for thoughts, not a master class and a slight rub down from a legendary bowl cake like yourself. In the words of Chuck D, "fight the power," of speach and good luck for the future!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: 4 high flush ever good here? : Alright legend, take a chill pill. Obv i've been playing this game totally wrong with me 4 high flush draw, no overs and roughly 35% chance of winning on the flop (providing no one else has a spade or even 2 spades for that matter), I was looking for thoughts, not a master class and a slight rub down from a legendary bowl cake like yourself. In the words of Chuck D, "fight the power," of speach and good luck for the future!
    Posted by ricoramb03
    LOL

I think its a fold Jamie tbh with u.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: 4 high flush ever good here? : LOL I think its a fold Jamie tbh with u.
    Posted by lJAMESl
    Thanks TSP legend, I value and respect your opinion and the way you expressed it! x
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: 4 high flush ever good here? : Alright legend, take a chill pill. Obv i've been playing this game totally wrong with me 4 high flush draw, no overs and roughly 35% chance of winning on the flop (providing no one else has a spade or even 2 spades for that matter), I was looking for thoughts, not a master class and a slight rub down from a legendary bowl cake like yourself. In the words of Chuck D, "fight the power," of speach and good luck for the future!
    Posted by ricoramb03
    Ok man. i didn't want to appear overly critical but sometimes it's really important to visualise. Imagine your opponent thus. You have just popped out to your local service station to purchase a gallon of unleaded and a box of swan vestas.  You arrive in your front room to find an insanely drunk Wayne Rooney ( the villain ) violating your Nan ? (you were the one that left the door unlocked, geddit ? ) What next ? You get the picture ? BURN HIM OF !!!. I was merely trying to evoke your latent combative spirit. Get in!  And really try to fight the power. Then you learn. You have to lose to win in time. I'm with Dohhhhhhh all the way on this one I hope my views are useful here. If not sincere apologies.    :(.........
  • edited October 2010
    lol shelski already busting out the poker slang what a legend!
  • edited October 2010
    It's a snap call for me.... Played this Villain many times.... easily has two pair or high spade in this spot.. call all day long V him :O