You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What would you put him? on and would you call here?

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Not much info about this guy hadn't been at table long.

What would you do after his shove here? call or fold?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xxx
Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £19.06
KAM99 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £14.69
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

donkeyplop Raise   £0.40 £0.55 £16.14
blackie20 Call   £0.40 £0.95 £31.86
eponymous Fold        
THETANK Fold        
xxx
Call   £0.35 £1.30 £18.71
KAM99 Call   £0.30 £1.60 £14.39
Flop

xxx
Check        
KAM99 Check        
donkeyplop Bet   £1.80 £3.40 £14.34
blackie20 Call   £1.80 £5.20 £30.06
xxx
Call   £1.80 £7.00 £16.91
KAM99 Fold        
Turn

xxx
Check        
donkeyplop Bet   £5.25 £12.25 £9.09
blackie20 Fold        
xxx
All-in   £16.91 £29.16 £0.00
donkeyplop ??

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Nut Flush draw snap call
  • edited October 2010
    he probs has some kind of weird combo draw. But don't be surprised if he turned over 7s or something. People play weird he probably hit a set and thought wowwwwwweeee i flat, instead of looking at the flop.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to What would you put him? on and would you call here?:
    It would appear to me that 1/ you have just been mined like a good'un. 2/ He/she has larger overpair. 3/ He/she reckons you are weak and wants to re-represent broken flush draw with set / 2 pair. 4/ They reckon you are paranoid and can bang you off the hand with air like a-q ( really good play imo, scary ) 5/ Pot/ego stuck don't want to back down. Therefore call and make the plaintiff cry of most players when you lose that you hate playing jacks. Failing that fold and give them some credit. This is a marginal spot. Ultimately there are no definitive answers to questions like this so call and learn. It's ok. One day you win and praise your intuitive skill. Another you lose and think i knew it. This is what poker is like. Don't be afraid to learn. Afterall it is supposed to be fun. You must lose to win in time .Seeing as you are playing within your bankroll i say call and learn. But what do i know . Fa :)  But whatever you do don't be afraid. Phil Ivey does not possess magic powers. He is human and spent this entire his life playing cards. Cool huh ?
  • edited October 2010
    alternatively, Ivey puts his opponent on a range/works out what % of the time they are bluffing and works out if the call is correct - although he prob does alot more than this

i wish i had magic powers