You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Never seen this happen before

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
Live Poker Tournament

Final Table

2 players in pot

After Bet and one caller the Flop is Dealt

Player A Bets big on Flop
Player B Calls

Turn is Dealt

Player A Puts Player B all in
Player B Calls, BUT dealer thinks he heard player say fold

Dealer collects flop and turn and shuffles in pack

Table Looks on in horror, and after some debating the whole table agrees that player B called.

Floor Manager is called over

After some discussion it is decided that the dealer must turn the deck of cards face up and fish through the cards for the flop and turn (allowing the whole table to see all the cards in the deck) and then deal the river !?

Is this the general rule ? surely not ?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Tough one, I am presuming the hole cards had not been mucked by the dealer and they were still live?

In that case it happened on my table in the SPT final and same as here the dealer retrieved the flop and turn cards and then dealt the final burn card followed by river.

In the all in situation I suppose it doesn't matter that everybody sees the cards in the pack!

So I reckon the floor made the correct call

Dave
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Never seen this happen before:
    Live Poker Tournament Final Table 2 players in pot After Bet and one caller the Flop is Dealt Player A Bets big on Flop Player B Calls Turn is Dealt Player A Puts Player B all in Player B Calls, BUT dealer thinks he heard player say fold Dealer collects flop and turn and shuffles in pack Table Looks on in horror, and after some debating the whole table agrees that player B called. Floor Manager is called over After some discussion it is decided that the dealer must turn the deck of cards face up and fish through the cards for the flop and turn (allowing the whole table to see all the cards in the deck) and then deal the river !? Is this the general rule ? surely not ?
    Posted by Gavinxxxx
    I don't know the actual rule but it doesn't sound good, The player is all in so it's not like he could of bluffed at the river but the river card dealt isn't the one that should have been dealt as the dealer has shuffled the pack. it doesn't matter that the table has seen the cards in the deck as the 2 players were at showdown anyway so everyone would see the cards they held but the outcome (what ever it may be) is wrong as the river card has been shuddled. Did player B have any outs on the river?
  • edited October 2010
    If they are both all in then surely it doesn't matter that anyone sees the deck?

Seems pretty fair to me.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Never seen this happen before:
    If they are both all in then surely it doesn't matter that anyone sees the deck? Seems pretty fair to me.
    Posted by scotty77
    So if one of the players needed a two outer which was mucked by the other players but can now hit one of them???
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Never seen this happen before : I don't know the actual rule but it doesn't sound good, The player is all in so it's not like he could of bluffed at the river but the river card dealt isn't the one that should have been dealt as the dealer has shuffled the pack. it doesn't matter that the table has seen the cards in the deck as the 2 players were at showdown anyway so everyone would see the cards they held but the outcome (what ever it may be) is wrong as the river card has been shuddled. Did player B have any outs on the river?
    Posted by ACESOVER8s

I think the only card was a 4 to split the pot,  and after reshuffling the river came a 4 lol
  • edited October 2010
    Not only did it change the order of the cards but that river card could of been the card that was burned on the flop or turn ?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Never seen this happen before : So if one of the players needed a two outer which was mucked by the other players but can now hit one of them???
    Posted by MAXALLY

Indeed all cards was collected apart from the 2 players whole cards, which the dealer was just going to collect aswell before being notified.

• edited October 2010
    dealer needs a kick in the nuts imo.
  • edited October 2010
    You said he shuffled in pack? not all the players mucked cards?

From what I understand, the pack can be shuffled mid hand before river card so that is ok BUT it can't contain all the other mucked cards, my ruling would be ....

If pack is undisturbed - find flop/turn and progress with next two

If pack was mixed up but not with folded cards then shuffle the pack and deal river

If pack was mixed with folded cards then hand id dead and all bets returned.

Dave
  • edited October 2010
    Dealer had mucked cards near the flop, and when he started to collect the cards up he scooped the flop,turn, burned cards and the mucked cards up together, so after he found the flop and turn, and re shuffled for the river, the pile of mucked cards was included in the reshuffle.

Was just something iv'e never seen before,  and wondering if it was more common than i thought.
  • edited October 2010
    Dealer had mucked cards near the flop, and when he started to collect the cards up he scooped the flop,turn, burned cards and the mucked cards up together, so after he found the flop and turn, and re shuffled for the river, the pile of mucked cards was included in the reshuffle. Was just something iv'e never seen before,  and wondering if it was more common than i thought.
    Posted by Gavinxxxx
    I deal most weeks and I have never done it, I have dropped the pack out of my hand before and had to shuffle mid hand but never something like that, is a bit unique!!

Tough one, I reckon hand was dead and all chips returned, I don't see how the hand can continue.