You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just Wondering.

edited February 2014 in Poker Chat
The membership here is quite small compared to other sites.

I was just wondering how long the site been running?

Comments

• edited August 2009
    About 2 and a half years I think.

The main USP of this site is the interactivity between the site and the channel, which I dont think that you can get outside the UK, hence the low take-up from abroad I would imagine.
  • edited August 2009
    Also  this is an Independent site not with (i poker)  thank  goodness...
    UK  and Ireland  based players only

Which is why some sites look like they have large numbers,

A  lot  are combined so appear more members than they are ..

.. I think  ................
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Just Wondering.:
    About 2 and a half years I think. Posted by scotty77
    Can anyone confirm this?
    Reason I ask, I have lived at my present address for 3 years, and I remember creating my 1st sky poker account at my previous address about 4 years ago. That was an account that I even forgot I had, until sky poker contacted me about having 2 accounts, and closed my "new" account and left my with my hardly used "old" account.
  • edited August 2009
    Sky bet was around before Sky Poker, you may have had an account on there.

In the early days you had to make a new account every time you wanted to add a new card to your account; I had 3 lol.
  • edited August 2009
    The game (or sky ) has been running a long time. They basically took over from PNL (Poker Night Live).

The forums however have not been running so long. A few months.
  • edited August 2009
    The poker site started in February 2007, I believe.
  • edited August 2009

The Site began on January 31st, 2007, as did the TV Channel.

It has clients from all over the world (excluding the USA, for legal reasons), though the marketing is Targeted at the UK & ROI. but there are a good few clients in Scandanavia, Spain, etc.

The Forum/Community Site began in May of this year.

Sky Poker began with a clean sheet of paper, & is not on any Network. As such, it's growth has been phenomonal.

It never had any connections whatsoever with Poker Night Live, though many of the Presenters & Analysts used to work there. Poker Night Live closed down shortly after Sky Poker began transmitting.

Sky Poker is part of the Sky Bet family, which includes Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Bingo, Oddschecker, & some other stuff.

Thats just a precis - but the story has hardly begun yet........;)
  • edited August 2009
    wow, now im really confused as to where my old account come from.
    I check on sharkscope, and my "other" account (solidstan)was created 27-Jul-08, that was the account I was actively using, when I was contacted on 22-Nov-08 by customer support with confusion over accounts, they then closed down my active account refunded about £40 (and said they could not re-open it), and annoyingly left me with my old account with £9 in, that I did'nt know I had.
    I had convinced myself, that it must be an old account I thought I opened at my old address, when I decided to learn poker. Hence £9 in that account, but now, I have no idea where it come from! Aghhh...

**And also just had another thought**

When I was left with this £9 left in account, the address in my account settings WAS my OLD address, and I was unable to update my account details(some sort of system error), it was months later, I found the time to contact customer support, who then updated my address over the phone.. My point is I have lived here for 3 years next month..

Aghh my head hurts..  Thats Weird..
  • edited August 2009

It never had any connections whatsoever with Poker Night Live, though many of the Presenters & Analysts used to work there.

Poker Night Live closed down shortly after Sky Poker began transmitting. Posted by Tikay10
    Oh c'mon tikay, while your right, we all know when PNL closed down and you all [presenters] went to Sky most of the PNL guys [players] - if not all -  went to Sky with you :)

PNL folded more or less thanks to Sky and we all followed you guys over to the shiny new creation that was Sky as we lub you all so much:)

Anyhow by the by, a much better place was created, overall, although I do still miss Casper :p

Whatever did become of him Tikay? Raking it in on the corporation market? I always found him captivating to watch...
  • edited February 2014
    The Site began on January 31st, 2007, as did the TV Channel. It has clients from all over the world (excluding the USA, for legal reasons), though the marketing is Targeted at the UK & ROI. but there are a good few clients in Scandanavia, Spain, etc. The Forum/Community Site began in May of this year. Sky Poker began with a clean sheet of paper, & is not on any Network. As such, it's growth has been phenomonal. It never had any connections whatsoever with Poker Night Live, though many of the Presenters & Analysts used to work there. Poker Night Live closed down shortly after Sky Poker began transmitting. Sky Poker is part of the Sky Bet family, which includes Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Bingo, Oddschecker, & some other stuff. Thats just a precis - but the story has hardly begun yet........;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    this will let you know if your a veteran or not.