You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

dym bubble should i be able to lay this down

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
lottery Small blind  75.00 75.00 2820.00
The_Don90 Big blind  150.00 225.00 1645.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q

neil4safc Fold     
tails68 Fold     
lottery Call  75.00 300.00 2745.00
The_Don90 Check     
Flop

• J

lottery Check     
The_Don90 Check     
Turn

lottery Check     
The_Don90 Bet  300.00 600.00 1345.00
lottery Call  300.00 900.00 2445.00
River

• J

lottery Bet  600.00 1500.00 1845.00
The_Don90 Call  600.00 2100.00 745.00
lottery Show
  • J
  • J

The_Don90 Muck
  • Q

lottery Win Four Jacks 2100.00  3945.00
Ok so Quads was never in my mind but every draw connects on the river, simple fold?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    No I don't think it is to be fair. It's very awkward because of your stack but I don't think I'm laying that down here. You can't put your opponent on clubs and you cannot put them on a FH and certainly not quads. You were ahead on the turn and he called a pot bet when he was drawing to the 10 outs for a FH or quads. Make the crying call imo. FWIW, I think you played this much better than your opponent who played every street barring the river poorly in my opinion.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: dym bubble should i be able to lay this down:
    No I don't think it is to be fair. It's very awkward because of your stack but I don't think I'm laying that down here. You can't put your opponent on clubs and you cannot put them on a FH and certainly not quads. You were ahead on the turn and he called a pot bet when he was drawing to the 10 outs for a FH or quads. Make the crying call imo. FWIW, I think you played this much better than your opponent who played every street barring the river poorly in my opinion.
    Posted by JohnConnor
    thanks mate, good to heard from a strong dym player on this hand. As you said id rulled out the quads/FH but was thinking maybe Kx of clubs (flush and straight draw on the turn), was extremely suprised to see the quads. In the end i still managed to cash thanks the the shove any two if the time is right game and the opponent with the JJ here doubled me up again. :)/
  • edited October 2010

How about betting 900 on the turn?
  • edited October 2010
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Not gonna make much difference here I wouldnt think, m8y boy has 3 jacks so the only possible way to make him fold is to shove on the turn and force him into thinking you have already made the straight (Which you have) then if he calls hoping his jacks are ahead then all be it. It's just very unlucky on the river.

Having made the straight - i'm shoving on the turn every time. Get em in ahead.
  • edited October 2010
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeah I can see what you're saying here mate, shut the hand down and all that. If you're going to bet 900 though I really think you should go all-in instead (you will be committed anyway). As it is I don't like the overbet anyway I just think it's overkill. I really like the pot bet it's plenty in my opinion. The guy has paid 2/1 when he must of known this wasn't the correct odds, especially in a DYM.
  • edited October 2010
    Edit- Ignore didnt read hand properly

Maybe could have folded river although marginal, mainly possible someone has KQ or FH, obv wouldnt guess quads. its all debateable though based on your opponent
  • edited October 2010

In cash I would definitely be overbetting the turn here, the shove and the 900 bet r the same thing.....

I went with 900 because some people are plonkers and may consider 900 a better price to draw, not understanding that it's effectively an all in, and after all, we want a call here (if we're correctly pricing him out), so anything that encourages him to stack off is good.

The only hands I don't wanna see really are QK, and Qx of clubs.

If I can kill the hand now, thats fine also. 

• edited October 2010
    i guess im a magnet for people limping JJ into, i must really suck
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    JBACKY Small blind  150.00 150.00 1480.00
    The_Don90 Big blind  300.00 450.00 1242.50
      Your hole cards
    • A

mickski Fold     
    rickieb1 Fold     
    DICKENS27 Fold     
    JBACKY Call  150.00 600.00 1330.00
    The_Don90 All-in  1242.50 1842.50 0.00
    JBACKY All-in  1330.00 3172.50 0.00
    JBACKY Unmatched bet  87.50 3085.00 87.50
    JBACKY Show
    • J
    • J

The_Don90 Show
    • A

Flop

Turn

• J

River

JBACKY Win Three Jacks 3085.00  3172.50
  • edited October 2010
    20 % of stack invested in bb dont mind your all in here, just unlucky your opponent has limped. right play imo
  • edited October 2010
    I dunno man. Half the people here moan when their j-j- k-k or whatever loses to a-10 .I don't like A-10 personally but i'm old school. That reminds me it's pension day today, toodle-oooo, i'm off to the off-licence via the post office. Must take my walking cane, the streets are awash with murderers and rapists. Bit like the cash tables i fear :( .....