You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Reducing By Team Sky

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat
Hilarious how LOLUFOLD team sky ambassador likes to reduce whenever the game gets deep. He had a 10k stack on 1 of our 2 tables and decided to leave as soon as I double my stack. He was however happy to play 4 tables starting at 100bb to which I obliged and luckily managed to get most back...surely this isn't the type of etiquette TEAM SKY should be promoting?

Mrs Moss xxx

Comments

• edited October 2010

Been watching loads of these games, and he does leave everytime it gets above 300xbb deep. Or nits up for 10 mins then leaves.

Why do u tilt so bad and start 6 buy ins behind everytime??? Why don't u just outplay him at the start???

Don't think the the questioning team sky route is the way to go though, you need to make it personal.

Ask him where his heart and commitment is!!! :)

Look forward to watching future games, whilst folding my way to another £10+1 dym win

Good luckkkkkkkkkkkk Misss Mosssssss
  • edited October 2010
    Ok maybe im missing a point, at low stakes i always look for people with 300x BB plus, good money for me to take.

However looking at it the other way, maybe it prevents a heavy loss should he make a mistake? One way of protecting the BR?
  • edited October 2010
    this is completely standard and i dont consider it bad etiquette. If he doesnt want to play deep he doesnt have to.

Maybe if he gives a warning next time before you start playing though just to clarify.
  • edited October 2010

Is this not simply ratholing described by a different name? If it is how can it not be bad etiquette when its banned on all sites I've played on? If he tried to sit back back in he would have to bring his big stack with him. If the tactic is as blatant as dohhh describes it is very poor etiquette IMO.

Sparce your a great player but if this is indeed ratholing you do yourself no favours trying to justify it, if I am wrong I apologise in advance. I have seen a well known player employing the same tactics at 6 max when he hits 300bb's, yes, we may leave whenever we wish to but if this is done repeatedly its out of order IMO.

• edited October 2010
    Lolufold isnt denying k88moss a chance to win his money back. Its extremely common practise HU on all sites to move to new tables when you get deep. If im playing someone i think i dont have a big edge on its probably not a good idea to play 300bbs deep.

Ratholing is generally only frowned upon when people buy in for less than 100bbs.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Reducing By Team Sky:
      Is this not simply ratholing described by a different name? If it is how can it not be bad etiquette when its banned on all sites I've played on? If he tried to sit back back in he would have to bring his big stack with him. If the tactic is as blatant as dohhh describes it is very poor etiquette IMO.   Sparce your a great player but if this is indeed ratholing you do yourself no favours trying to justify it, if I am wrong I apologise in advance. I have seen a well known player employing the same tactics at 6 max when he hits 300bb's, yes, we may leave whenever we wish to but if this is done repeatedly its out of order IMO.
    Posted by stien
    What has Sparce got to do with anything? He doesn't reduce ever.
  • edited October 2010
    Hi K88 love railing you too, personally i have seen lolufold get up to 6k a few times and not reduce it so how you explain that? have you questioned him as im sure he would answer
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Reducing By Team Sky : What has Sparce got to do with anything? He doesn't reduce ever.
    Posted by BrownnDog

Apologies Sparce of course I was referring to offshoot comments on the thread, but its nice to see you still following my every word bdog!

• edited October 2010
    Lolufold isnt denying k88moss a chance to win his money back. Its extremely common practise HU on all sites to move to new tables when you get deep. If im playing someone i think i dont have a big edge on its probably not a good idea to play 300bbs deep. Ratholing is generally only frowned upon when people buy in for less than 100bbs.
    Posted by offshoot

Offshoot, try buying in for a full buy in and double up, leave and see if you can return 5 mins later for only one full buy in, if its not frowned upon why won't sites allow you to do it?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Reducing By Team Sky : Offshoot, try buying in for a full buy in and double up, leave and see if you can return 5 mins later for only one full buy in, if its not frowned upon why won't sites allow you to do it?
    Posted by stien
    Lolufold leaves the table cos he doesnt want to play deep, this is reasonable.

ok so if k88moss still wants to play  he can join another table and continue playing, its a new game though so its not ratholing.  Its totally different to a 6 max scenario where someone leaves and the game carries on.
  • edited October 2010
    Stien, I think you misunderstand what is happening here. You can only 'reduce' on Sky if both players agree ie they both stand and then resit with 100bbs. K88 has a choice whether she wants to do this or not, if K88 does not agree to this then lolufold cannot 'reduce'.

It is common practice for both players to reset their stacks once they become deep as to reduce the huge swings that would occur if they were both 200bb+ deep each. On different sites the two people would usually just find a different table to play at, whereas on Sky you can reset the stacks if both players stand.
  • ckdckd
    edited October 2010
    Stien, I think you misunderstand what is happening here. You can only 'reduce' on Sky if both players agree  ie they both stand and then resit with 100bbs. K88 has a choice whether she wants to do this or not, if K88 does not agree to this then lolufold cannot 'reduce'. It is common practice for both players to reset their stacks once they become deep as to reduce the huge swings that would occur if they were both 200bb+ deep each. On different sites the two people would usually just find a different table to play at, whereas on Sky you can reset the stacks if both player stand.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    if this is true then why as k88 started the post about it as i dont understand how the cash works
  • edited October 2010
    Stien, I think you misunderstand what is happening here. You can only 'reduce' on Sky if both players agree  ie they both stand and then resit with 100bbs. K88 has a choice whether she wants to do this or not, if K88 does not agree to this then lolufold cannot 'reduce'. It is common practice for both players to reset their stacks once they become deep as to reduce the huge swings that would occur if they were both 200bb+ deep each. On different sites the two people would usually just find a different table to play at, whereas on Sky you can reset the stacks if both players stand.
    Posted by Cowgomoo

You learn something everyday, thanks Cowgomoo. If this is the case I have no idea why the post was created in the first place, just don't agree to reduce if you want to play deep, its simple.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Reducing By Team Sky : You learn something everyday, thanks Cowgomoo. If this is the case I have no idea why the post was created in the first place, just don't agree to reduce if you want to play deep, its simple.
    Posted by stien
    I would assume that lolufold gave k88 the choice of either 'we reduce or we don't play' so k88 would have had little choice if she did want to carrying on playing him.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Reducing By Team Sky : I would assume that lolufold gave k88 the choice of either 'we reduce or we don't play' so k88 would have had little choice if she did want to carrying on playing him.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    Exactly what happened!!!!
  • edited October 2010
    i thought you had to wait 30 mins before you could re-join the table with a lessened amount.

Well that somes that up.
  • edited October 2010
    To be fair anyone can leave in poker whenever they want so...ok, but cant see anyone being happy about this ever happening to them...try this in a live game and see what happens to you!
     xxx
  • edited October 2010
    k88 do you play at the vic?

xxx
  • edited October 2010
    bump
    Posted by BrownnDog
    ;) Lewis u make me lol - good spot :)
  • edited October 2010

I may have once or twice Bdog!  And forget my post...its poker, do what u want

xxx

• edited October 2010
    Surely worse is playing a random hu and they get stacked do the old insta leave insta sit back in etc, but by the time they sit back in the reg has clicked leave and resit and oh hi der ur money is no longer here.

I do not see this as being the same as 4 tabling another reg and not playing >x bbs deep.

either suck it up and dont play him or realise why he wont play 300bb and why he will play 100bb..
  • edited October 2010
    fwiw - if you really were k8 moss, I certainly wouldnt mind being deep.
  • edited October 2010
    fwiw - if you really were k8 moss, I certainly wouldnt mind being deep.
    Posted by OMahonyO

lol +1 Amen
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Reducing By Team Sky : What has Sparce got to do with anything? He doesn't reduce ever.
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Browndog to the rescue! i dont need to even check this forum to reply to accidental slanderous comments!! :)

As for the issue at hand, I am extremely undecided.  I can see the arguments both ways.  In these situations, i think it should probably go down to who is the value when all this money is changing hands. personally i think its a little unfair to reduce and carry on playing if both players in the party r not in agreement.  Like if Reds was the fish in the game fair enough, but i think he is favorite?  But at least he doesnt run completely and offers something - however tilting this must be to an opponent he has just taken 9k off.

One thing i notice about Reds is he is very good at playing to his own strengths, and how he feels comfortable.  This is what makes him a good player and why he wins soo much. He always plays on his terms.  Something us spew monkeys like myself, and I am guessing K88 need to learn.

XXX
  • edited October 2010
    I really dont see what the problem is with a reg sitting out versus a reg when they get deep? 

its cash POKA there is no contract saying you will play any length or any depth or whatever.