You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Changes (4) - Channel 865.

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat

This one is complicated, so bear with me, please.

Starting on the weekend of November 6th & 7th, & thereafter until further notice, the Saturday & Sunday Live Shows will start at NINE pm, 2100 hours, (NOT 8pm, 2000 hours, as before) & be on air, Live, until 1am, or as they say in TV-Ville, 2500 hours.

This will, we hope, enable the Final Table to be shown of the Sunday Primo. Thursday's Show will remain at 8pm until Midnight (2000-2400) to fit in with Sky Sports.

Please Note - The Main Events will STILL start at 8pm, 2000 hours.

As such, the schedule of 30 minute Pre-Records will change, too. 

There will be three pre-records, as follows.....

Saturdays "Open" Final

Poker School

TSP Classic - highlights from that weeks TSP Classics.

Saturday's Live Show will continue to major on Cash, but with the added ingredient of, we hope, one of Team Sky Poker in the Studio, to field questions, & help with the analysis. (STILL TO BE CONFIRMED).

Assuming this happens, & the STP-ers WILL be invited, then they will appear on the Pre-Record done that day, which will be "POKER SCHOOL".

Concurrent with all this, it looks like our Studio Move to BIG SKY will occur in late November or early December.

All systems go! 

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Sounds like the Sky's the limit.
  • edited October 2010
    Excellent idea to show the primo final table live, i cant ever recall it lasting longer than 1am so im sure it will work, although with 15 mins blinds now.... it could be close innit

all round good news thanks tikay

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Changes (4) - Channel 865.:
    Excellent idea to show the primo final table live, i cant ever recall it lasting longer than 1am so im sure it will work, although with 15 mins blinds now.... it could be close innit all round good news thanks tikay
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Yes, it might be tight, but remember, the increased Buy-In will result in fewer players. It's for a Trial Period, so if it does not work, we'll get a hail of abuse fom the Usual Suspects, & we'll change it.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Changes (4) - Channel 865. : Yes, it might be tight, but remember, the increased Buy-In will result in fewer players. It's for a Trial Period, so if it does not work, we'll get a hail of abuse fom the Usual Suspects, & we'll change it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Would you expect anything else?

Just going to need an extra cup of coco on standby for the final hour... Like the changes, look forward to it.
  • edited October 2010

More news on the changes as they will affect Channel 865, especially as to Poker School.

Attila sent us all a Memo, & really, I may as well produce the relevant part of that, because it expresses it perfectly. I do have Attila's permission so to do. Imagine re-producing it without her say-so, I'd be sooooo dead.

"....Sky Poker Classic- Tournament Pre-Record

Final table action from the Team Sky Poker Classic tournament. Phone call with Team SP member who played in tournament.
    TX every Tuesday @ 20:00 Poker School  (to be recorded on a Saturday with TSP member to stay on for Master Cash depending on availability)

Our poker analyst will be joined every week by a member of TSP.  The series will run over 12 weeks, this will be split into 3 blocks consisting of 4 episodes. Our Poker Analyst and TSP member will educate the viewers each week on the following
     Block 1: Beginners: How to playEpisode 1: Cash Episode 2: TournamentEpisode 3: DYM’s Episode 4: Head’s Up Block 2: Intermediate: How to playEpisode 5: Cash Episode 6: TournamentEpisode 7:  DYM’s Episode 8: Head’s Up Block 3: Advanced: How to playEpisode 9: Cash Episode 10: TournamentEpisode 11: DYM’s Episode 12: Head’s Up TX every Monday @ 20:00 Now depending on the availability of the TSP members we might not be able to run the episodes in the exact order stated above but each topic will be covered during that block If for some reason a member of TSP cannot attend, the show will become Sky Poker Classic- Cash. Same as Sky Poker Classic- Tournament but analysing the TSP cash action from that week...."
  • edited October 2010
    Really looking forward to these Poker Schools, thanks for the info Tikay.
  • edited October 2010
    Really looking forward to these Poker Schools, thanks for the info Tikay.
    Posted by JohnConnor
    Yes, I second that, really need a bit of help with my game!! :)
  • edited October 2010
    Good i never see the final tables anymore and missed the best bit of the show (i mean the play not that you guys aint good)
  • edited October 2010
    didnt no there was a final table!!!!
  • edited October 2010
  • edited October 2010
    Five Brilliant Changes in a nutshell...

1. Mastercash from 21:00 - 25:00
    2. The Primo from 21:00 - 25:00
    3. 30 minute show - The Saturday Open Final
    4. 30 minute show - Poker School with TSP
    5. 30 minute show - TSP Classic highlights

These are all absolutely great changes to the schedule and I look forward to all of them. 

Whoever has the power can you try and get Series Link working from when these programmes start?  You wouldn't want your viewers to miss them would you?
  • edited October 2010
    TX every Tuesday @ 20:00 Poker School  (to be recorded on a Saturday with TSP member to stay on for Master Cash depending on availability)

Our poker analyst will be joined every week by a member of TSP.  The series will run over 12 weeks, this will be split into 3 blocks consisting of 4 episodes. Our Poker Analyst and TSP member will educate the viewers each week on the following
     Block 1: Beginners: How to playEpisode 1: Cash Episode 2: TournamentEpisode 3: DYM’s Episode 4: Head’s Up Block 2: Intermediate: How to playEpisode 5: Cash Episode 6: TournamentEpisode 7:  DYM’s Episode 8: Head’s Up Block 3: Advanced: How to playEpisode 9: Cash Episode 10: TournamentEpisode 11: DYM’s Episode 12: Head’s Up.

Hugely looking forward to this. Sky Poker TV going from strength to strength IMO.
  • edited October 2010