You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should i have seen a flop 1st?

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Your thoughts please

Hand History #302366668 (12:57 28/10/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
debdobs_67 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £7.00
suedehead7 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £30.59
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

magpie111 Call  £0.20 £0.50 £6.92
RATTY21 Raise  £1.00 £1.50 £7.90
chiptease Fold     
doogle0119 Call  £1.00 £2.50 £7.36
debdobs_67 All-in  £7.00 £9.50 £0.00
suedehead7 Fold     
magpie111 Fold     
RATTY21 All-in  £7.90 £17.40 £0.00
doogle0119 Fold     
RATTY21 Unmatched bet  £1.80 £15.60 £1.80
debdobs_67 Show
  • A
  • A

RATTY21 Show

Flop

Turn

River

RATTY21 Win Two Pairs, 9s and 6s £14.82  £16.62

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Should i have seen a flop 1st?:
    If you did you'd still be all in maybe ?
  • edited October 2010
    i want it all in pre here, unlucky on the loose call/suckout.
  • edited October 2010
    you don't have to move in pre any raise is good :D
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Should i have seen a flop 1st?:
    you don't have to move in pre any raise is good :D
    Posted by beaneh
    any raise also leaves you commited, and seriously with AA with the A of spades are you folding that flop anyways ?
  • edited October 2010
    All in pre with best starting hand in poker is what you want every time.
  • ybyb
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Should i have seen a flop 1st? : any raise also leaves you commited, and seriously with AA with the A of spades are you folding that flop anyways ?
    Posted by The_Don90
    We want to be committed with AA preflop!
  • edited October 2010
    lol, seriously- AA is exactly what you want allin pre!!

Wow, I wish I could get allin callers from 69 with AA! For me though, I'd have made a smaller raise in order to ensure I got a customer, raise it to 3/4 for my book. Nothing wrong with a shove though.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Should i have seen a flop 1st? : any raise also leaves you commited, and seriously with AA with the A of spades are you folding that flop anyways ?
    Posted by The_Don90

does the flop always come out with 3 spades on it?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Should i have seen a flop 1st? : does the flop always come out with 3 spades on it?
    Posted by beaneh
    yea, i know, but on this occassion it does. In all honesty with stack sizes as they are with the nuts pre its played fine, i just disagree with a smaller raise being fine
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Should i have seen a flop 1st? : yea, i know, but on this occassion it does. In all honesty with stack sizes as they are with the nuts pre its played fine, i just disagree with a smaller raise being fine
    Posted by The_Don90

how can a smaller raise not be fine we haz ayces!?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Should i have seen a flop 1st? : how can a smaller raise not be fine we haz ayces!?
    Posted by beaneh
    Its been raised to £1 we only have £7, aces are rather easy outdraw, and IF the flop comes say 8910 of clubs, we're screwed and cant fold because of stack
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Should i have seen a flop 1st? : Its been raised to £1 we only have £7, aces are rather easy outdraw, and IF the flop comes say 8910 of clubs, we're screwed and cant fold because of stack
    Posted by The_Don90
    er...

seriously, 1v1 you want it all in regardless of what comes. You can't run from 8-9-10 clubs on the offchance they have clubs- what if they have 2 diamonds/spades/hearts? lol

There's no flop 1v1 you don't like with aces enough to get it allin with that stack, period. Yes, you might be outdrawn, but what you want is a committing raise preflop, then get it in postflop- shoving allin might lose your customer whilst you KNOW you have the best hand, whereas if they get any piece of the flop (top pair, fl draw, straight draw, even second pair) then you're guaranteed their stack.
  • edited October 2010
    stack size only move, debs you know this is fine you got called by junk and outdrawn ul miss run good :P
  • edited October 2010
    For what its worth i would have done the same.
    There is a big enough raise and call before you
    to assume you will get at least one caller,and i
    don't think you want to be up against two players
    after the flop.just my opinion tho,no doubt others
    will dis-agree
  • edited October 2010

It's a pretty difficult hand to play badly with that stack size.

Raise whatever you think will get called pre (- a few big blinds to make sure), then put the rest in on any flop. 

• edited October 2010
    stack size only move, debs you know this is fine you got called by junk and outdrawn ul miss run good :P
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    What i am thinking though is IF i only flat call even with 2 oppos then surely a shove after THIS flop may well have WON me the hand,xxx
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Should i have seen a flop 1st? : What i am thinking though is IF i only flat call even with 2 oppos then surely a shove after THIS flop may well have WON me the hand,xxx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    lol the guy calls £7 pre nl20 with 69 .... you really think hes folding top pair on flop?? ....  with your stack i probz raise to £3 hope they both call and get the rest in on any flop.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Should i have seen a flop 1st? : lol the guy calls £7 pre nl20 with 69 .... you really think hes folding top pair on flop?? ....  with your stack i probz raise to £3 hope they both call and get the rest in on any flop.
    Posted by Eagle26

The problem is debs if you flat then its multiway and more likely your outdrawn, as eagle says if they call preflop with that they are going to post flop. i like shoving as it looks weaker then a raise for half your chips and you got a caller so even better! imagine if you had full stack here you could of gone to town, then cried when this happened :P