You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DEAL OR NO DEAL?

edited October 2010 in The Shed
I don't know whether deal or no deal is fixed but I totally agree with your opinion of Noel Edmunds:))

Comments

• edited October 2010
    I was watching television the other day and, for the first and last time,  stumbled across Deal or No Deal. It seemed obvious to me that 'the banker'  knows damn f. well exactly where the 250k is ( let's face it, he probably put it there himself ) and constantly FORCES the greed-addled and retarded contestants into making incorrect mathematical decisions based on the risk/reward ratio. I think it's  maybe rigged and personally find that odious, schmuck Noel Edmonds to be a sinister creep, especially when dressed as an elf in green tights. What manner of unworldy cynicism does this this spectacle assume  ?
    I would warmly welcome the communities views here. Is deal or no deal rigged or have i simply being playing online poker so long that i am now a  paranoid wretch obsessed with statistical outcomes?
    p.s - i would rathole at circa 7k. I'm no fool ;)
  • edited October 2010
    No, it's not.

I've been to see it being recorded 3 times, 2 shows each visit. After the boxes are sealed by an independant adjudicator they are allocated to the contestants in a similar way to the FA Cup draw, they each pull a numbered ball out of a cloth bag, this all happens in front of the audience just before the show begins. The Banker is like a live pro poker player with a LAG style, he knows the odds in any given situation and is very good at reading people emotions, he uses these skills to pressure people into making decisions that are +ev for him and -ev for them.
  • edited October 2010
    i dont think much maths come into it i think it is personal circumstance"s based.
    After all the offer is cash in hand the numbers on the board aint real till it"s in youre pocket,
    There just figures on a big screen
    And yeah noel is a pain cant type what i was going to call him
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: DEAL OR NO DEAL?:
    No, it's not. I've been to see it being recorded 3 times, 2 shows each visit. After the boxes are sealed by an independant adjudicator they are allocated to the contestants in a similar way to the FA Cup draw, they each pull a numbered ball out of a cloth bag, this all happens in front of the audience just before the show begins. The Banker is like a live pro poker player with a LAG style, he knows the odds in any given situation and is very good at reading people emotions, he uses these skills to pressure people into making decisions that are +ev for him and -ev for them.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Thanks for that ! But..... how can we be sure that the anonymous banker isn't one of the so-called independent adjudicators ?  Are they sealed, hermetically and  without a telephone, in maybe a Perspex box off screen but in clear view of the audience for the duration of the show ?
    P.S- Do you like Noel Edmonds ?