You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

why the hostility?

edited October 2010 in Area 51
all i do is make a point and the same 4/5 people jump on my case    i get a lot of supportive pms sent to me   just coz i speak my mind is that so wrong?    id rather have 5 people moan at me but have many more on my side    maybe people are scared to speak there minds on here    why?   because of the few idiots who try to be clever and funny by replying with utter drivel    WHO NEVER listen to the points being made    its poker    we all know that    bad beats and coolers are gonna happen     this was first designed for people to LET OFF STEAM    let people do that without hassling them please    if sky are not gonna let this happen scrap area 51   SIMPLES

Comments

• edited October 2010
    100% agree.These ppl you are talking about will not
    hear a word said about their god sky.
    As you say Area 51 was created for exactly the purpose
    of letting of steam,moaning about bad beats and so on...
    yet these ppl won't hear of it.It makes me wonder why they visit area 51,
    and are only able to reply with sarcastic comments and not very funny
    one liners and would be better not 
    visiting area 51 at all....but they won't/can't
  • edited October 2010
    best reply to a post ive ever had lol   full respect that man   all the best  
  • edited October 2010
    right this is not going to be rude or anything and i assume i will be one of the ppl as i have posted responses as i get annoyed with it sometimes.

Tbf you do post it in the right place and thats what area 51 is for, also good way of letting of steam

Main reason i respond is to the rigged things etc just sometimes gets a bit boring and sometimes forget this is area 51, apologise if i have offended you personally but i will try remember where i am next time

Regards
    John
  • edited October 2010

Gives me summat to do in the 2 hours I have to wait between tournys on sky. (on the odd occasion that I don't final table)

Tonnes of bad beats, tonnes of pm's, yet no evidence of either.

Get posting the beats sir!!! I'd love to read them :)

I did reply to a post from someone who launched a "scathing" personal attack on me, (hostility for the win) - but that seems to have dropped down the list of posts.

Happy pokering :)
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to why the hostility?:
    all i do is make a point and the same 4/5 people jump on my case    i get a lot of supportive pms sent to me   just coz i speak my mind is that so wrong?    id rather have 5 people moan at me but have many more on my side    maybe people are scared to speak there minds on here    why?   because of the few idiots who try to be clever and funny by replying with utter drivel    WHO NEVER listen to the points being made    its poker    we all know that    bad beats and coolers are gonna happen     this was first designed for people to LET OFF STEAM    let people do that without hassling them please    if sky are not gonna let this happen scrap area 51   SIMPLES
    Posted by bullyfish
    I think part of the problem is that Area 51 has recently been overrun with people attacking Sky for their recent run of bad luck eg the RNG is rubbish, the site is fixed, and its hard sometimes for people to distinguish between those people and the ones who come on here just to let off steam.

Steve
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: why the hostility?:
    In Response to why the hostility? : I think part of the problem is that Area 51 has recently been overrun with people attacking Sky for their recent run of bad luck eg the RNG is rubbish, the site is fixed, and its hard sometimes for people to distinguish between those people and the ones who come on here just to let off steam. Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Yes but whether ppl are moaning about badbeats or bad
    play by their opponent or the rng or even going as far as to
    say its fixed,99% of the time they are just letting off steam.
    So the last thing they need is some sarcastic **** making
    a stupid comment or trying to say they played the hand badly in
    some way when they clearly didn't.It really is just better not to
    reply at all if thats all they have to offer.
  • edited October 2010
    fair points   i really do use it to let off steam ONLY    thanks for comments    i have to hold my hands up to hating people saying its fixed as my young son (10) keeps on about tv poker being fixed and its all for the cameras   a chip off the old block???  NO  i hope not   most of my posts are in the HEAT of the moment and dont mean what i say half the time on reflection    all the best everyone
  • edited October 2010
    group hug? or too soon lol
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to why the hostility? : I think part of the problem is that Area 51 has recently been overrun with people attacking Sky for their recent run of bad luck eg THE RNG IS RUBBISH, the site is fixed, and its hard sometimes for people to distinguish between those people and the ones who come on here just to let off steam. Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Well spotted ;o)
  • edited October 2010
    fair points   i really do use it to let off steam ONLY    thanks for comments    i have to hold my hands up to hating people saying its fixed as my young son (10) keeps on about tv poker being fixed and its all for the cameras   a chip off the old block???  NO  i hope not   most of my posts are in the HEAT of the moment and dont mean what i say half the time on reflection    all the best everyone
    Posted by bullyfish
    Well tbh i am totally on the fence and AM NOT convinced either way,BUT i luv the thrill of poker so tbh i DONT CARE as i only play for fun and GIVE as many bad beats as i RECEIVE,and yes i agree that this AREA51 was put here for the reasons you say so when i see posts berating players like you i LOL at them the most ;o) xxx
  • edited October 2010
    hey im happy   just made 190th place outa 694 runners in the freeroll invite,  didnt show up tho    i forgot   best result i had in ages that too and im not even there   jeees
  • edited October 2010
    lol bully ul mate, i was 20th 100 left, had to go footy training. come back see i came 45th for £2.50 roughly although if i stayed in probably had good chance to win it oh well
  • edited October 2010
    lol  ul  i even got the sky mods on my back now for almost saying the s word,  i am sooo naughty at the moment, i hear worse in the playground LOL
  • edited October 2010
    i did love Sky mod 7 ftw, maybe i complained?? lol as if
  • edited October 2010
    lol  ul  i even got the sky mods on my back now for almost saying the s word,  i am sooo naughty at the moment, i hear worse in the playground LOL
    Posted by bullyfish
    I got warned for saying Cheesy Wheelbarrows :0(
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: why the hostility? : I got warned for saying Cheesy Wheelbarrows :0(
    Posted by emilyegg
    Right that's it you're in big trouble now...
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to why the hostility?:
    Posted by bullyfish
    SKY MAFIA
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: why the hostility? : Right that's it you're in big trouble now...
    Posted by Sky_Mod7
    Cheesy Nibbles
  • edited October 2010
  • edited October 2010
    I HATE THE FISH ON SKY THAT NEVER SEEM TO LOSE AGAINST MYSELF

Q4 vs 10's flopped the set got beat by the flush runner *3

KOK.....TERRIBLE PLAY WINS AGAIN....THIS GAME SUCKS