You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Shove, call or small raise?

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Opinions please

Against a good higher stake player.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
hind11 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.18
gayfish Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.75
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

The_Don90 Raise  £0.16 £0.22 £5.29
xCall  £0.16 £0.38 £4.03
pedleyss11 Fold     
hind11 Fold     
gayfish Fold     
Flop

• J
  • A

The_Don90 Bet  £0.29 £0.67 £5.00
xRaise  £1.01 £1.68 £3.02

Comments

• edited October 2010
    i have no idea why its posted like that
  • edited October 2010
    i would prob say he has a flush draw and is hoping for u to check turn and let him see river for free i would call the raise if the turn is not a spade shove
  • edited October 2010
    I don't think the A is particularly worrying on the flop but I agree with Batkin, there is a possible flush draw there. If he's a good player as you say you would probably put him on a draw with an unlikely bullets hand. I don't think he would have bothered with the bet on the flop unless you saw him as an aggressive player who liked to bluff to take down the blinds. For those blind levels though I don't think the villain would honestly bother.

I would say you're 99.9% ahead on the flop so would have raised again for information and got off the hand on the turn if another spade or Ace came. If not I think I would have shoved with trip Jacks at that point (although I can't see your stack due to the formatting!).
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Shove, call or small raise?:
    I don't think the A is particularly worrying on the flop but I agree with Batkin, there is a possible flush draw there. If he's a good player as you say you would probably put him on a draw with an unlikely bullets hand. I don't think he would have bothered with the bet on the flop unless you saw him as an aggressive player who liked to bluff to take down the blinds. For those blind levels though I don't think the villain would honestly bother. I would say you're 99.9% ahead on the flop so would have raised again for information and got off the hand on the turn if another spade or Ace came. If not I think I would have shoved with trip Jacks at that point (although I can't see your stack due to the formatting!).
    Posted by DaveOwlX
    I had the other guy covered, he had about £1.50-£1.70 back, which made me feel commited. Had a really spewy few days.
  • edited October 2010