You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is this fold too tight??

edited October 2010 in The Poker Clinic
I hate these hands and i felt i didnt need to be in the hand as just checked in but i find this situation hard to play when readless on opponents.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Batkin88 Big blind  £0.10 £0.10 £23.68
  Your hole cards
  • Q

Everton76 Fold     
xingma05 Call  £0.10 £0.20 £52.74
GORDON0__0 Call  £0.10 £0.30 £3.41
Batkin88 Check     
Flop

• Q

Batkin88 Check     
xingma05 Bet  £0.30 £0.60 £52.44
GORDON0__0 Fold     
Batkin88 Fold     
xingma05 Muck     
xingma05 Win  £0.28  £52.72
xingma05 Return  £0.30

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In Response to is this fold too tight??:
    I hate these hands and i felt i didnt need to be in the hand as just checked in but i find this situation hard to play when readless on opponents. Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Batkin88 Big blind   £0.10 £0.10 £23.68   Your hole cards 8 Q       Everton76 Fold         xingma05 Call   £0.10 £0.20 £52.74 GORDON0__0 Call   £0.10 £0.30 £3.41 Batkin88 Check         Flop     4 4 Q       Batkin88 Check         xingma05 Bet   £0.30 £0.60 £52.44 GORDON0__0 Fold         Batkin88 Fold         xingma05 Muck         xingma05 Win   £0.28   £52.72 xingma05 Return   £0.30
    Posted by Batkin88
    raise raise raise.....i think this is a good spot to start to read your opponent...is he the sort of the guy who always c bets with a pair on the flop to represnet??? i would put in about a pot sized re raise and see where you are
  • edited October 2010
    dunno was readless as to say
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: is this fold too tight??:
    dunno was readless as to say
    Posted by Batkin88
    i know i meant its a spot where u can start to make a read on him.he might be thew sort of guy to c bet on flop whatever it brings. he might c bet on flop if pair to board.he might be a rock who only plays monsters. folding wont answer any of these qeustions but raising might
  • edited October 2010
    i agree with jesusdog.you must put out a reasonable sized info bet out.if u get raised bail out u then know u r bhind.ABC poker.
  • edited October 2010
    Just call and see a turn.
  • edited October 2010
    i dont call.. i raise or fold... if you call only a queen will help you know ur ahead... if a queen doesnt come another bet will come and you will have the same problem on the turn... unless you are prepared to raise the turn regardless of what card comes
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: is this fold too tight??:
    i dont call.. i raise or fold... if you call only a queen will help you know ur ahead... if a queen doesnt come another bet will come and you will have the same problem on the turn... unless you are prepared to raise the turn regardless of what card comes
    Posted by bigflop1
    A queen, an 8, or anything lower than a queen. We have a made hand also, which will be good sometimes.

There's no need to "prepare to raise" any turn card, we have a hand and don't need to bluff. It's also not strong enough to raise for value against a guy we have no reads on. 

There's ALSO no guarantee that this guy is gonna fire again on the turn. 

There's better ways to figure out the problem than to just raise and have to fold when he either 3 bets or floats OOP and leads the turn.

Don't see any other option but to call here, and probably call a blank turn, fold if he fires the third shot on the river. (calling flop and turn will cost the same as raise - folding flop, and is the all round better option imo)
  • ybyb
    edited October 2010
    c/ring is by far the worst option.

b/f /> c/f > c/c >>>> c/r imo
  • edited October 2010
    can see what ur sayin dohhhhhhh but imo only a queen helps us on the turn.. reason this is a problem in the first place is that we don not know if he has a 4!! if a 8 comes on turn and he bets, we don not know if our 2 pair qs and 8s are good... still way behind if he had 4..

i still say raise of fold post flop.. raise imo
  • edited October 2010
    if there was already a pot made i would prob check call and see what he does on the turn but it just seems like throwing 30p into a 60p pot isnt worth it. I can get info elsewhere and always a chance im out kicked.
    I can understand why players would raise here for the info as i didnt have a clue what this player was like, but id rather get info from pots im not involved in.
    I dunno its a confusing one i prob should of called and seen a turn but turn could be a 7 say which he has in his hand and fires again so id have to fold or call it down and the four is in his range aswell as the limp pre....
    Thanks for all advice and for giving reasons to why u would raise call or fold
  • edited October 2010
    he limps in he would have raised with a big Queen, he has position on you both, none of you show any strength by not raising pre flop. flop comes down, you both check, he thinks you have rubbish. bets a pot size bet and takes it down. he could have had anything in fairness, i bet the flop or check call the bet. im pretty sure hes got air here though.
  • edited October 2010
    i dont think he bets the 4 here, whats the point, you 2 have both shown you havent got a big hand by a) not raising pre-flop and b) not betting post-flop. he knows in all likellihood he takes it down with a pot size bet 9/10 times here unless one of you guys in the blinds caught a 4. you dont wanna lose your customer in this spot with trips. he has air i think.