You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night on the box with Rich and Ed- The Official Channel 865 Show Thread

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
Evening everyone!

Yes- it's that time of the week again- the BIG GAME on Sky Poker.com: The Primo.

Ed and I are live on Channel 865 and streamed from the homepage at 8pm and we're with you till midnight.

So make sure you reg up for the tourney and tune in to watch the fireworks (whilst you listen to kids throwing fireweoks all night outside your house).

Usual scenario- I need your hand requests and banter- and you never let me down- so get posting below please.

As for this week's topic of conversation: it's Halloween! So...

Tell us your personal tales of the unexpected.

e.g ghost experiences, things that happend to you that you simply can't explain, basically anything you went through that was creepy, supernatural, scary or just plain weird.

I think this could throw up some good stuff tonight.

Good luck in the game and catch you on the show!

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Am I allowed to post Rich? ;0)
  • edited October 2010
    One of my Dad's friends died, shortly before he was due to take delivery of his brand new custom built Rolls Royce.

As my Dad was a car dealer, he bought it off the widow and went down pick it up from the dealership.

When we were driving back down the motorway, suddenly the electrics went mental.  Lights going on/off, windscreen wipers on/off, windows going up and down and after a minute of so of this the electic seats and electric steering column started to both go closer and closer together, squashing my dad at the wheel.

He managed to pull over, and as he got into the hard shoulder all of the electrical equipment returned to normal.

So we set off again.  Within a minute of so the lights/windows started going again so just pulled over again and called up the dealership.  They came and took it back.  Did diagnostic checks both in house and from independent experts.  Nothing wrong could be found with the electrics.

I was like 9 at the time and was pretty freaked out EDIT mostly by the fact that even tho the air con wasn't on while all this weird stuff was happening the car went ice cold.
  • edited October 2010
    Evening boys, looking forward to another good show.

Tell us your personal tales of the unexpected.

As I don't really believe in all the halloween and ghost stuff I think it would have to be seeing Rich come 11th in the Sky Sports DS tournament! (sorry mate!)

:D
  • edited October 2010
    I thought I'd play Primo tonight.. Just for fun. I shook hands with Browndog right after his Win.. And I hung out with the TSP guys and MickJenn & Gibb, Daiboot et al.. I'm guaranteed poker skills by osmosis...so I'm guarenteed to win it...That's unexpected right?

Plus I almost very nearly would have won the double chance last night.. 

Also I'm sorting out my SPT Blackpool blog so am chained to the Lappy till it's finished..
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night on the box with Rich and Ed- The Official Channel 865 Show Thread:
    Am I allowed to post Rich? ;0)
    Posted by emilyegg
    Haha- that depends on whether your ghost story features large ladies on holiday campsites, mate.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night on the box with Rich and Ed- The Official Channel 865 Show Thread:
    One of my Dad's friends died, shortly before he was due to take delivery of his brand new custom built Rolls Royce. As my Dad was a car dealer, he bought it off the widow and went down pick it up from the dealership. When we were driving back down the motorway, suddenly the electrics went mental.  Lights going on/off, windscreen wipers on/off, windows going up and down and after a minute of so of this the electic seats and electric steering column started to both go closer and closer together, squashing my dad at the wheel. He managed to pull over, and as he got into the hard shoulder all of the electrical equipment returned to normal. So we set off again.  Within a minute of so the lights/windows started going again so just pulled over again and called up the dealership.  They came and took it back.  Did diagnostic checks both in house and from independent experts.  Nothing wrong could be found with the electrics. I was like 9 at the time and was pretty freaked out EDIT mostly by the fact that even tho the air con wasn't on while all this weird stuff was happening the car went ice cold.
    Posted by scotty77
    Love it, Ryan. I don't really believe in ghosts but find stuff like this genuinely weird.

Keep 'em coming folks!
  • edited October 2010
    I thought I'd play Primo tonight.. Just for fun. I shook hands with Browndog right after his Win.. And I hung out with the TSP guys and MickJenn & Gibb, Daiboot et al.. I'm guaranteed poker skills by osmosis...so I'm guarenteed to win it...That's unexpected right? Plus I almost very nearly would have won the double chance last night..  Also I'm sorting out my SPT Blackpool blog so am chained to the Lappy till it's finished..
    Posted by LML
    Thankyou, thankyou comedy gods for providing me with my material for tonight... x
  • edited October 2010
    Evening boys, looking forward to another good show. Tell us your personal tales of the unexpected. As I don't really believe in all the halloween and ghost stuff I think it would have to be seeing Rich come 11th in the Sky Sports DS tournament! (sorry mate!) :D
    Posted by DaveOwlX
    Cheers Dave- it certainly gave Tikay the fright of his life
  • edited October 2010
    Hello gents, hope you have a great show.
    No ghost stories but a few funnies for you......

Q: Where do baby ghosts go during the day?
    A: Dayscare centers.
    Q. What do you get when you cross Bambi with a ghost?
    A: Bamboo.  

Q. What's a ghosts favorite ride at the carnival?
    A: The roller ghoster. 
    Q: Where do ghosts mail their letters?
    A: At the ghost office.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night on the box with Rich and Ed- The Official Channel 865 Show Thread : Thankyou, thankyou comedy gods for providing me with my material for tonight... x
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    OI Where's the RESPEC' I iz a member of TSP you know.. I'll be sending the boys to sort you out. Well sort you out or deliver you Pizza..
  • edited October 2010
    Q Who is a ghosts's favourite record producer convicted of murder?
    A Phil Spectre

• edited October 2010
    Today in Blackpool - I have been after a Lotso (Toy Story 3) since August

Teddy Grabber machine has Lotso's I have to have one!!!!

A few goes, no good they are all tightly packed then the spooky bit.......

A Lotso just falls off the shelf at the back and it's loose on the top....it is fate I'm getting a Lotso!!!!

£5 later and still no Lotso I trudge away in despair just like after my SPT exit...then!!!!

I put my hand in my pocket and find 30p, it's like Charlie finding the golden ticket, I race to the machine and put my money in........

and YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotso is mine

• edited October 2010
    I thought I'd play Primo tonight.. Just for fun. I shook hands with Browndog right after his Win.. And I hung out with the TSP guys and MickJenn & Gibb, Daiboot et al.. I'm guaranteed poker skills by osmosis...so I'm guarenteed to win it...That's unexpected right? Plus I almost very nearly would have won the double chance last night..  Also I'm sorting out my SPT Blackpool blog so am chained to the Lappy till it's finished..
    Posted by LML
    Congrats to Loki-Rogy (phil) who did win the double chance last night at G Blackpool!
  • edited October 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCHFVTQKqdQ

We need a wee-bit of music before we get banned...... 
  • edited October 2010
    Keep an eye out for my JJ again Rich, Ed ;)
  • edited October 2010
    Posted by LML
    Yay - am defo playing now then. Added value :))))

(cue LM knocking me out!!!)
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night on the box with Rich and Ed- The Official Channel 865 Show Thread : Congrats to Loki-Rogy (phil) who did win the double chance last night at G Blackpool!
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Wow Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

MASSIVE congrats to Loki who I was sat next to for the first part of it.. thoroughly lovely guy and great player. VWD!!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night on the box with Rich and Ed- The Official Channel 865 Show Thread : Yay - am defo playing now then. Added value :)))) (cue LM knocking me out!!!)
    Posted by m0u5e
    LML and you ADDED ADDED VALUE

CU on the tables
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night on the box with Rich and Ed- The Official Channel 865 Show Thread : Yay - am defo playing now then. Added value :)))) (cue LM knocking me out!!!)
    Posted by m0u5e

Haha.. we'll just see who can stay awake the longest!
  • edited October 2010
    I was visiting someone In a London hospital some years ago with my husband. We walked through the A&E dept. towards the lift barely a few feet behind a guy who was wearing a very large backpack, I remarked to hubby that there would barely be enough room In the lift for me, him, the guy and the backpack. As the guy entered the empty lift the door began to close. Shouting 'hold the lift please' hubby made a dash for the button and caught It just before It shut. No wonder the guy didn't answer because when the door opened there was no sign of him In the lift. We both saw him enter it tho. Tia x  
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night on the box with Rich and Ed- The Official Channel 865 Show Thread : LML and you ADDED ADDED VALUE CU on the tables
    Posted by DAIBOOT
    BRING IT DAVE!! It's not like you knocked me out of SPT Blackpool and then went on to final table and finish massively after playing some of the best poker of your poker career.. Oh wait. ;)
  • edited October 2010
    my best halloween moment, was when i woke up with what i thought was a thermometer laying beside my head ? so ask girlfriend are you unwell, and she replayed no i`m pregnant, and now nearly ( yes in jan 31st we`ve been married 13 yrs ) we have two nitemare daughters. OPEN TOO OFFERS FOR MISSES ??
  • edited October 2010
    Oh and Orford.. I'd like to enforce a prob bet.. At least I think it's a prop bet.. Ashley (ChirpyChip) Taylor said in front of many MANY railbird witnesses that if his brother, Lewis (Browndog) won the Tourney last night.. he'd shave off everything from the ears down.. Including that 'beardy thing' on his face.. He was then overheard telling Sky Mandy he wanted to keep it..

SHAVE THE CHIRPY!!!

All in agreement add signature here!! ;)
  • edited October 2010
    I heard it!!!! Sian heard it!!!!

SHAVE THE CHIRPY

+1
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night on the box with Rich and Ed- The Official Channel 865 Show Thread : LML and you ADDED ADDED VALUE CU on the tables
    Posted by DAIBOOT
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh, well you WERE one of my favourites - how quickly things can change :D
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night on the box with Rich and Ed- The Official Channel 865 Show Thread : Haha.. we'll just see who can stay awake the longest!
    Posted by LML
    I'm already dozing off lol. 
    [Cue free chips on my table :( ]
  • edited October 2010
    SHAVE THE CHIRPY

+1
  • edited October 2010
    Yes defo heard the banter about shave the Chirpy!!

SHAVE THE CHIRPY +1

How about shaving Chirpy beard live on air????
  • edited October 2010
    Oh and Orford.. I'd like to enforce a prob bet.. At least I think it's a prop bet.. Ashley (ChirpyChip) Taylor said in front of many MANY railbird witnesses that if his brother, Lewis (Browndog) won the Tourney last night.. he'd shave off everything from the ears down.. Including that 'beardy thing' on his face.. He was then overheard telling Sky Mandy he wanted to keep it.. SHAVE THE CHIRPY!!! All in agreement add signature here!! ;)
    Posted by LML
    I can confirm that he did in fact say he was keeping it to Sky-Mandy ;p
  • edited October 2010
    Heres one.

It was a good while ago now, however it was around 3 in the morning, my usual bed time. Id gone to bed early that night as i had a job interview the next day, when i randomly woke up, the only thing that wakes me up usually is movement, so this was a suprise but as i woke up i swear down to this day there was a masked dark figure walking out my room. I always leave my bedroom door open so ive got up out of bed and went to investigate. No-one or nothing was in the house except the dog.