You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good play or just 2 idiots being over aggressive?

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Talon Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.91
DOHHHHHHH Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £3.96
  Your hole cards
  • A

iandon Call   £0.04 £0.10 £3.97
pedleyss11 Fold        
hind11 Fold        
molliew Fold        
Talon Raise   £0.18 £0.28 £3.73
DOHHHHHHH Call   £0.16 £0.44 £3.80
iandon Fold        
Flop

Talon Bet   £0.33 £0.77 £3.40
DOHHHHHHH Call   £0.33 £1.10 £3.47
Turn

Talon Bet   £0.83 £1.93 £2.57
DOHHHHHHH Raise   £2.00 £3.93 £1.47
Talon All-in   £2.57 £6.50 £0.00
DOHHHHHHH Call   £1.40 £7.90 £0.07
Talon Show
  • A

DOHHHHHHH Show
  • K
  • J

River

• Q

Talon Win Pair of 8s £7.31   £7.31

Comments

• edited October 2010
     Comments please. All criticism accepted as long as it is constructive.
  • edited October 2010
    Ace high against King high mmm. Strange hand really with no flop hit for either of you. With your bet on the flop I don't think it was a bad feeler bet to see where you were but a call isn't particularly good indication unless you know their previous play. They could have course been slow playing a high pair with that board. Your all in wasn't really that effective due to his raise and your small stack so it was worth his while trying.

Just looks like you were both being really loose there hoping to hit a card on the turn or river. Looks a bit like you had history with one another not believing you both had anything, that or you were both fed up and went for it...
  • edited October 2010

Like it all up until ur shove on his re raise only because of stack sizes tbh if say u had 5 quid behind then i would prefer it. Dont really understand Dohhh's call but its dohhhh and hes a better player than me so il leave that to reads.
    nice hand wish i was there when played

• edited October 2010
      Ok quick bit of background. We had been involved in quite a few pots against eachother. I had taken down one not long before with an outrageous bluff which i had shown. His flat call of my c-bet had me worried of course but JJ is more than capable of floating and i put him on that.When he raised the turn i only had 2 choices fold or reraise, i believed him to be stealing so i choose the reraise. The only thing i could not have done on that turn would have been to have bluff called.
  • edited October 2010
    he reps a bluff really really well, wp
  • edited October 2010
    don't see why you would donk out turn if you put him on a bluff
  • edited October 2010
    we are the pfr and we cbet scotty so its jut a standard 2barrel? think you might have misread the OP?
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Good play or just 2 idiots being over aggressive?:
    he reps a bluff really really well, wp
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Why?

I was just messing about at this level, but I'd structure a bluff like this higher up against players who will fire twice with nothing/weak hands. 

What makes it obvious I'm bluffing? - might help me higher up......

I called coz it was 2 quid into 6 or whatever, and K high cud even be good there against Talon, if not I cud bink and laugh! :)

Talon that hand where I folded the nuts is in Tech Queries.
  • edited November 2010
    well maybe you play all your nutted hand super fast on very dry boards, but most regs arent raising worse hands than 8x on the turn for value, and since we have position most regs will also flat call the turn with 8x.#

you represent a super narrow range of 8x, 44 and air (when bluffing its always best to be able to represent a wide value range). since this is like 10x lower than your usual limits im pretty sure you have a lot more air here than normal
  • edited November 2010
     JJ it was just instinct that told me you were bluffing there cos i had no real reads to go by. As to the hand in the tech queries i think you made the right fold. Ok so you had the nuts but i had about 700 outs so you were going to lose anyway.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Good play or just 2 idiots being over aggressive?:
     JJ it was just instinct that told me you were bluffing there cos i had no real reads to go by. As to the hand in the tech queries i think you made the right fold. Ok so you had the nuts but i had about 700 outs so you were going to lose anyway.
    Posted by Talon

Haaa U were soooooooooooooooooooooo crushed in that spot !!!!

9 outs.......

But yeh u prob wudda hit.

btw, fold pre ;)
  • edited November 2010
    not even sure who played this worse