You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

do you need to raise more preflop in micro limit cash??

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
LIKEAGOD41 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.82
foxxen Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.24
  Your hole cards

maz69 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £10.84
BURNShurtz Raise  £0.16 £0.26 £1.36
LIKEAGOD41 Fold     
foxxen Fold     
maz69 Call  £0.12 £0.38 £10.72
Flop

maz69 Check     
BURNShurtz Bet  £0.38 £0.76 £0.98
maz69 Raise  £0.76 £1.52 £9.96
BURNShurtz All-in  £0.98 £2.50 £0.00
maz69 Call  £0.60 £3.10 £9.36
maz69 Show
  • A

BURNShurtz Show

Turn

River

maz69 Win Full House, 6s and 8s £2.87
how should i of played this?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Unfortunetly at these levels people will call with any ace. Anyways, looking into this hand inparticular.

At NL4 this is very important, take every limp into consideration and add a blind to your raise. Also min raise id say is the 16p you bet, but 20p with a PP so here my bet is 24p preflop. After that because of your stack you cant fold on this flopp.

Anyways, best starting with the max £4, that way you win more when you do get a situation like this and they miss as usual
  • edited November 2010

The Don is right, always play with a full stack and make raises that include extra blinds for limpers. 

What I have done at this level in the past is to keep raisng bigger and bigger, find out just how much they will call pf, its funny really, if someone calls 24p make it 36p next time, if they still call make it 48p or more, do this with premium holdings and you won't go far wrong. Sure you'll get out flopped sometimes when you hold AK/AQ but they still fold enough on the flop to a 3/4 pot cbet to make it work and when they call your in great shape with AK/AQ on an A high board or JJ-AA on a T high flop. If they always call on the flop only cbet when you hit or have an over pair because they won't be good enough to exploit this at this level. If they call every street just keep firing.

• edited November 2010

As Stien says knowing what the opponent will call with is key. I remember a while back a guy re-raised me pre i had AK and knew he was loose so i shove for £4 he called with A2. The dam guy hit the 2, but still thats just unlucky. Push them until you know their limits, and make a note of regular players that hand you good money. Recently ive joined a large number of tables on of the regulars join, simply because ive been away from this level for so long i no longer have notes, but they do so i sit back and watch how they play the table for a few hands, playing premium hands myself and you wont go far wrong.

This level is such a poor level of play youll pick up so many good pointers for moving up the levels, although new things will need to be discovered you will learn far more at these levels than the more "advanced" moves youll learn at NL50.

• edited November 2010
    In short YES, but there is no guarantee at this level. You could make it 36p and a lot of the time you wil stil get the call from any ace. Not that big a problem as if the ace doesn't come you can c - bet and generally get the fold, however here the c- bet is obviously going to end you up in the same position due to the flopped trips on this occasion.

Unlucky i would say but keep plugging away and when i have played at this level i start with a min of 4 xbb opening bet and as has already been suggested i do test the waters to see just what they will call pre with relativley weak holdings.
  • edited November 2010
    When I played cash at those levels I found that out the hard way as well that people will call 3-4x BB no probs so I always raised 36-40p and then only got callers who had something genuine or were there to play.
  • edited November 2010
    my main problem at this level was the shear amount of callers, 4xbb leading to pots with all 6 of you in etc, so raise big to make it HU