You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i let go of this but should i

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
i was sus after the check raise j 10 is well in his range of calling pre but should i have reraised him on flop or call to see if i hit?
Nutter5932 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £55.06
Die_hard Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £46.33
  Your hole cards

BRANDY21 Call  £0.50 £1.25 £31.67
meemee Fold     
argo Fold     
chefboy79 Raise  £2.00 £3.25 £92.06
Nutter5932 Fold     
Die_hard Call  £1.50 £4.75 £44.83
BRANDY21 Call  £1.50 £6.25 £30.17
Flop

Die_hard Check     
BRANDY21 Check     
chefboy79 Bet  £2.00 £8.25 £90.06
Die_hard Raise  £7.50 £15.75 £37.33
BRANDY21 Fold     
chefboy79 Fold     
Die_hard Muck     
Die_hard Win  £9.74  £47.07
Die_hard Return  £5.50 £0.51 £52.57

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Woah thats nitty, personally i would at least call probably re-raise in this spot but i suck 90% of time at cash lol
  • edited November 2010
    with with no flush draw out ther we should av the 10 outs with the  OP im shoving this all day. especially cash if tourny prob call see the turn card dependin on stack obv.
  • edited November 2010
    why is ur c-bet so small? 6 quid and he isnt repopping u with anything but the J 10
    The bet looks so weak on the flop he could be reraising with anything here.
    He may well of had J10 but i would rather pay the 6 pound on a decent bet and be certain he is ahead of you

Edit £4 - £4.50
  • edited November 2010
    the reason for the small bet was simple i was trying to steal ive walked into 4 bigger pairs today when it looked like i was so strong only to walk into aces kk qq on a very wet board but i even miss thats all
  • edited November 2010
    Just my opinion, i definitely wouldn't have folded. You got an up and down straight draw and because of your smallish £2.00 bet after the flop i would have re raised you with KQ or AQ or anything because it looks like a weak bet. I would have re-raised his £7.50 bet, if he raised me again he might be on j10 or overpair but we don't know till we put a decent bet in.
  • edited November 2010
    ur never stealing that pot with 2 quid as it is he prob stole it for £7.50 i watched ya for a while earlier as u where on a table of players i was watching and i saw u run into overpairs twice and get felted twice both vul but if iit effects ur game after maybe a break is in order
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: i let go of this but should i:
    the reason for the small bet was simple i was trying to steal ive walked into 4 bigger pairs today when it looked like i was so strong only to walk into aces kk qq on a very wet board but i even miss thats all
    Posted by chefboy79
    yes sorry about that old chap
  • edited November 2010
    Yo. If I can find the HH I'll tell you what I had lol. However, as played with your c -bet then my raise you should really be calling or shoving imo. Let me see if I can find the HH anyway as I have no idea what I had lol (I'm guessing if you shove and I call it's a race though post flop) ....

Edit: Is there an easy way of finding the HH on here?

Edit 2: lol Grrrrrrrr I had 10 J off after all. All in next time please lol.

Tbh though I stand by what I said earlier, really can't fold there. But good fold anyway :)
  • edited November 2010

shovin sucks!! 2 pair combos/sets/straights all beat us and with the limp/call pre all within v range. your in position-call & see a turn card. folding is better than raising/shoving tho imo. your flop bet is too small also