You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

league points???

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
hi just wanted to know if some one gets 40000 league points how many cash for points he or she would have earned in that process????

Comments

• edited November 2010
    In Response to league points???:
    hi just wanted to know if some one gets 40000 league points how many cash for points he or she would have earned in that process????
    Posted by chefboy79

I think its about £2000

• edited November 2010
    Their not linked. Because you can play loads of HU and earn lots of Cash 4 points but it doesn't get you any league points.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to league points???:
    Posted by chefboy79
    Hi

Click here for the info :)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: league points???:
    Their not linked. Because you can play loads of HU and earn lots of Cash 4 points but it doesn't get you any league points.
    Posted by lJAMESl
    thanks james i got it wrong 
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: league points??? : thanks james i got it wrong 
    Posted by DAIBOOT
    I'd say your guess is pretty close mate, but I'd say a bit higher. League points are done on hands won in ring games and HU games don't count.

Basically If I played HU all the time I would probably get a lot of cash for points as the rake is high and your involved in every pot. But it wouldn't show up on the league every time you won the hand HU. 
  • edited November 2010
    no i think i have made this confusing i want to know if some ne got 40000 league points how many cash for points would u earn as i earned 1500 league points but cash for points i got 1600 thats the question
  • edited November 2010
    Its impossible to know only the person who got the points will know. 
  • edited November 2010
    You get no cash for league points, they can only earn you an entry into the monthly League Stars freeroll (which is a satellite to the monthly £220 deepstack tourney) or the chance to join Team Sky Poker. It's only poker points that earn cash.
  • edited November 2010
    ok james cheers for letting me know its some feat to get 40000 league piont though isnt it gl with the team
  • edited November 2010

Im not sure if this works, but I once hit 5k points, (woooo) and used the ratio of league points to cash for points, to try and guess what the people at the top of the league were earning......

The numbers were frightening!! 

Put a decent steady profit on top of that from the tables, x it by 12, and it aint a bad yearly wage!!! (even if u broke even you'd still be alright for 2 steak meals per day. ;))

****Edit, just been messin about on the calculator after looking @ the C4P thing again.....

If you can play 30x £22 dym's per day, at 20 C4P points a time, you wud hit £500 C4P bonus per month?

Does this sound right to the dymers out there??

How long wud it take dya reckon to fit 30 in a day? maybe 4 tabling? - It wud still be an 8 hour grind wudnt it????
  • edited November 2010
    Im not sure if this works, but I once hit 5k points, (woooo) and used the ratio of league points to cash for points, to try and guess what the people at the top of the league were earning...... The numbers were frightening!!  Put a decent steady profit on top of that from the tables, x it by 12, and it aint a bad yearly wage!!! (even if u broke even you'd still be alright for 2 steak meals per day. ;)) ****Edit, just been messin about on the calculator after looking @ the C4P thing again..... If you can play 30x £22 dym's per day, at 20 C4P points a time, you wud hit £500 C4P bonus per month? Does this sound right to the dymers out there?? How long wud it take dya reckon to fit 30 in a day? maybe 4 tabling? - It wud still be an 8 hour grind wudnt it????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i think on average your looking at 35 mins per DYM, so if you wanna play 30 @ 4 at a time its obv 7.5 x 35mins which is about ~4 1/2 hrs - ofc this is dependent on £22 games filling up!

also based on my maths @ 30 days thats 18K pts, throw a few £11 DYMS in every now and then and uv got 20k pts n £750
  • edited November 2010
    Posted by lJAMESl
    can someone explain why on earth this is the case?
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: league points??? : can someone explain why on earth this is the case?
    Posted by zing
    My guess would be.. because its too easy to win a hand HU and therefore they decided it shouldn't contribute to the league.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: league points??? : My guess would be.. because its too easy to win a hand HU and therefore they decided it shouldn't contribute to the league.
    Posted by lJAMESl
    Easy to cheat your way up the league aswell. Eg, 2 friends could sit HU, Play loads of hands without seeing a flop (so no rake is taken), but each winner of the hand would win points on the league. sit all day doing that on a higher table and thats a hell of a lot of points in the league
  • edited November 2010
    If you want to know a rough comparrison, I haven't played any heads up and I got 8.8k league points and 10.2k cash for points.

Like others have said, they are not combined, but when there is no HU play there isn't alot of difference in the numbers.