You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Bubble - am I throwing wins away by doing this?

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Is there an alternative tactic in these spots?

Can I raise fold?

Can I just open fold?

Im sure Im doing things wrong on the bubble by trying to be too aggressive when there probably isn't a need to?.....

.....But the range of hands he can/should call with is so thin????

This guy was prob the guy most likely to bubble............I'ts an auto shove against a good player who will fold probably anything below tens.....

Other stacks - 18 had less than me, around 1.7k. Jamielou was comfortable chip leader with nearly 5k.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DOHHHHHHH Small blind  100.00 100.00 2300.00
gjl10 Big blind  200.00 300.00 2632.50
  Your hole cards
  • A

18AND5TIME Fold     
jamielou Fold     
DOHHHHHHH All-in  2300.00 2600.00 0.00

Comments

• edited November 2010
    In Response to DYM Bubble - am I throwing wins away by doing this?:
    Is there an alternative tactic in these spots? Can I raise fold? Can I just open fold? Im sure Im doing things wrong on the bubble by trying to be too aggressive when there probably isn't a need to?..... .....But the range of hands he can/should call with is so thin???? This guy was prob the guy most likely to bubble............I'ts an auto shove against a good player who will fold probably anything below tens..... Other stacks - 18 had less than me, around 1.7k. Jamielou was comfortable chip leader with nearly 5k. Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance DOHHHHHHH Small blind   100.00 100.00 2300.00 gjl10 Big blind   200.00 300.00 2632.50   Your hole cards A 9       18AND5TIME Fold         jamielou Fold         DOHHHHHHH All-in   2300.00 2600.00 0.00
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Is he a good player?  You haven't said.  With your stack, my preferred option is to open fold.  I can get below 7 big blinds before I need to shove in a DYM.
  • edited November 2010
    what hands do u think he'll call with?
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Bubble - am I throwing wins away by doing this?:
    what hands do u think he'll call with?
    Posted by SHANXTA
    77+, AT+ ? I dunno? What wud u do here?

I think Im playing a high variance style of DYM - if there is such a thing.
  • edited November 2010
    This is a definate shoving spot for me. I don't mind shoving 11 BBs here because A9 is such a strong hand in the SB.

I would need a real reason not to shove here (eg I've hammered him so much his calling range has widened too much and he will spite call or there's another reckless player at the table).

I would also factor in the time to the next level - if this is likely to be your last shoving spot before 150/300, all the more reason to shove in my opinion.
  • edited November 2010
    based on he's only calling when he beats you at best slight fave in race i would just fold
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Bubble - am I throwing wins away by doing this? : 77+, AT+ ? I dunno? What wud u do here? I think Im playing a high variance style of DYM - if there is such a thing.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    it's deff a shove

villain cnt call without a massive hand, and even when he does we're gonna have some equity
  • edited November 2010
    I'm not raise folding so on the bubble i'm keeping the pressure up with shove or i'm folding, all or nothing. If your just raising then the BB can shove back at you with anything knowing your likely to fold all but a monster as it's the bubble. - Shove or Fold IMO dependant on how fiercely the player has been seen to defend their blind
  • edited November 2010
    I raise/fold here.

I recently did a suicide inducing loads of these both on here and another site.  So, so few people will be 3bet shoving light then we get the same job done if we make it 465 than if we make it 2.3k. 

• edited November 2010
    I raise/fold here. I recently did a suicide inducing loads of these both on here and another site.  So, so few people will be 3bet shoving light then we get the same job done if we make it 465 than if we make it 2.3k. 
    Posted by scotty77
    i agree. make it 450/fold to shove. foldin pre is too nitty. shovin pointless
  • edited November 2010
    JJ i also shove here. maybe thats why i now suck in the dyms