You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

full stack verses little ones lol

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
hi all this is a silly question really i was sat on a cash table last night  blinds 50p/£1 there were 5 of us all low stacks think the most was 40 quid all having a good laugh playing good poker !!!! ok just poker lol when a guy sits down wacks £100 in front of him and proceeds to raise every pre flop raise with a fiver well thats all and well for me as i see it as a chance to double up if i get good cards!!!!!
then this hand happened
i flatted the orrig raise as i wanted the aggresser in the pot which he calls
i then flat the flop raise expecting the aggresser to come over the top or fold as flop isnt a bad one for me
well it all went wrong as u can see so i asked the aggresser if i had re raised all in pre would he have called in a instant he says as i have more than u
is this just one of those players who plays with his stack more than his cards????? because he made it very differcult to call any cards and what ever came he just moved all in even after i stood up i watched he
did it time and time 

KingOfHart
Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £10.65
chefboy79 Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £22.64
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

Waltzer Fold     
pokergod12 Fold     
levy09 Fold     
villianCall  £1.00 £2.50 £103.95
KingOfHart Raise  £4.50 £7.00 £6.15
chefboy79 Call  £4.00 £11.00 £18.64
villian Call  £4.00 £15.00 £99.95
Flop

• Q

KingOfHart All-in  £6.15 £21.15 £0.00
chefboy79 Call  £6.15 £27.30 £12.49
villian Call  £6.15 £33.45 £93.80
Turn

chefboy79 All-in  £12.49 £45.94 £0.00
villian Call  £12.49 £58.43 £81.31
KingOfHart Show

chefboy79 Show
  • A
  • A

villain Show
  • A

River

villianWin Flush to the Ace £56.63

Comments

• edited November 2010
    You played fine just ul

Maybe with full stack you would have scared him pre? who knows but its your play we need to analyse imo played fine
  • ybyb
    edited November 2010
    Move down the the stakes if you can't afford to buy in for 100bbs.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah nothing wrong with your play and you were ahead when the last of the money went in, and thats all you can hope to do at the tables. YOu didn't have enough weight to totally scare him off due to short stacking, though hard to say if he would have folded even if you did, as sounds like was very, very LAG. His call isn't totally bad, as he is getting nearly 4:1 which he needsto make the call a correct one, and thats not even taking into account if his Ace is a live card. He he is couning that in with his outs as well I can see why he would take the gamble.
  • edited November 2010

I think there is deffo something wrong with the play......

U gotta raise pre, and put the rest in on any flop????

Or once you have flatted pre, you HAVE to shove the flop???
  • edited November 2010
    sorry jj your correct didnt realise didnt raise i should really pay attention in that case i would have shoved pre enough in there to warrant it, problem here is stack i think dictates so with stack as it is i would shove if had more buy ins would re-raise. buy in full regardless whether the others dont allows for more play
  • edited November 2010
     you say he he super aggressive but then he open limps the button, this doesnt make much sense.

regarding stack size, he might have £100 on the table but the most he can win/lose in 1hand is the amount that you have in your stack. the whole 'he's bullying me with his stack' thing is complete nonsense in cash games where you can continuously reload until you have to sell your own mother. in a tournament it is a factor because its a freezeout so as he has more chips than you he cant exit the tournament but you can & further you go more money you make
  • edited November 2010
    I wont comment on the hand too much however on the small stacks thing. Ok so im a much smaller player, but when i look for a cash table, i always look for a table with as many people and 95BB+. The reason why i do this as it means i have to buy in for the max, not only that, at the level i play i think theres very few players that i cant beat (important i think) as a result it maximises everything i can take off the table too.
  • edited November 2010
    How can u justify calling pre??? You have to re raise and then regarding stack sizes u have to shove flop, if u had bigger stack flat flop and shove turn is fine.
    Ur stack size lost u this hand as he is calling an all in on flop here with nut flush draw as its cheap.
    If u had £100 at table u cud shove 70 odd quid on turn and he is never calling that for a diamond draw on one card.
    lol stacked two opps at this level and only gets 50 quid.