You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Those free scratchcards you get in newspapers

edited November 2010 in The Shed
You know the ones, theres usually 3 together, you have to match 3 objects to claim a prize, which you always do.  You have to phone a number to claim the prize.  I never pay any attention to these but i was at work and saw one on the table and scratched it off.  Of course I matched three objects, the prizes available ranged from £10 - £1 million.  The number you had to call was £1.50 per minute for a maximum of 6 minutes, which makes £9.  If the minimum you can win is a tenner, you are a pound up minimum.

It doesnt make sense, everyone cant win a pound.  Has anyone ever tried claiming a prize with these??

Comments

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Those free scratchcards you get in newspapers:
    You know the ones, theres usually 3 together, you have to match 3 objects to claim a prize, which you always do.  You have to phone a number to claim the prize.  I never pay any attention to these but i was at work and saw one on the table and scratched it off.  Of course I matched three objects, the prizes available ranged from £10 - £1 million.  The number you had to call was £1.50 per minute for a maximum of 6 minutes, which makes £9.  If the minimum you can win is a tenner, you are a pound up minimum. It doesnt make sense, everyone cant win a pound.  Has anyone ever tried claiming a prize with these??
    Posted by OMahonyO
    * SIGH *  DONT DO IT MAN.........

Your call will obv be 6mins 1sec hence costing you £10.50. Times that by how many gullible people there are out there and you do the maths.

PS. If you wish to email me your Bank details, I will double your BR by Christmas :)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Those free scratchcards you get in newspapers:
    In Response to Those free scratchcards you get in newspapers : * SIGH *  DONT DO IT MAN......... Your call will obv be 6mins 1sec hence costing you £10.50. Times that by how many gullible people there are out there and you do the maths. PS. If you wish to email me your Bank details, I will double your BR by Christmas :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    lol, I havent done it, and dont plan on it, but 6mins maximum, is 6 mins, not 6mins 1 sec, and arent there some regulations seeing as they are in mainstream newspapers
  • edited November 2010

I claimed one once and won a smoothie machine.

• edited November 2010
    The usual con in these is that you win ''money-off'' coupons. £50 of coupons sounds good until you realise you have to spend £500 to get back the £50 you ''won''

Stay away
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Those free scratchcards you get in newspapers:
    You know the ones, theres usually 3 together, you have to match 3 objects to claim a prize, which you always do.  You have to phone a number to claim the prize.  I never pay any attention to these but i was at work and saw one on the table and scratched it off.  Of course I matched three objects, the prizes available ranged from £10 - £1 million.  The number you had to call was £1.50 per minute for a maximum of 6 minutes, which makes £9.  If the minimum you can win is a tenner, you are a pound up minimum. It doesnt make sense, everyone cant win a pound.  Has anyone ever tried claiming a prize with these??
    Posted by OMahonyO
    They used to have an address of the company on them, a lot were done from an office about ten mins walk from my house so i just turned up and claimed it there :)

The reason they can say min prize a tenner is they buy items in bulk and pay a lot less (and it's RRP value which is generally over what you can buy it for anyway from a supermarket etc). It's not worth it really, you will end up with something you don't want
  • edited November 2010
    Ive seen all the voucher and coupons ones, but these were cash prizes, not gifts or anything else, which is why it stood out from the rest I have seen
  • edited November 2010
    is it a picture of a mug lucy
  • edited November 2010
    And if your really lucky you may even be their 'one millionth caller' lool