You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How Do I Play Pocket cards - so confused now???

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Hi,

How do I play the pocket cards I either lose or dont get value.

How do I play the mid to low pockets, I seem to always lose. So now when I am getting my 77,88 I am folding if people raise me as I am experiencing to many losses with these when I am trying to bet/raise with them?

What should I be doing with the high pocket cards, should I be going all in pre flop like I have been doing and then see everyone fold and so dont get any value from them.  Or should be raising a decent amount pre flop to lure people in, but then the danger of this of what i am experiencing is then the flop comes with high cards and then I lose:(

So confused now of what to do

Cheers
Dave

Comments

• edited November 2010
    It all depends is this tourney or cash? also whether loose tables or tight?

Generally up to 8s i will raise if utg 3-4 times bb, if re-raised depends on how many in the pot and whether your getting the odds, think 12/1 or something along that line, can include implied odds if you think someone will stack of if you hit. if someone has called bb then i would just call, if re-raised more then 4 x would fold. All of these generally you need to hit to continue so no point c betting unless your image is good

if someone has open raised 3x i would call any more then 4 would fold, all of the above is mainly on early stages in a tournament but if you let us know what stage you are finding difficult to play them or whether cash etc

Regards
    John