You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this get off-able?

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Is there a reason you didnt raise pre?

I'm never folding river btw.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    This is 7 hands into a regular heads up sit & go.  I haven't played this villain before, but initial impressions are that pre-flop he is going to call a 3X raise in the big blind 99% of the time.  Post-flop he has a quite loose check-call style.  So far he has only ever made minimum bets and hasn't raised me.  I'm also working on the assumption that he doesn't bluff, but he isn't likely to fold anything.  I've built up a small lead and I think that I have a signicant edge against him.  With that in mind, should I ever fold here?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    X Small blind   10.00 10.00 1220.00
    Wilhelm Big blind   20.00 30.00 1750.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

X Call   10.00 40.00 1210.00
    Wilhelm Check        
    Flop

• Q

Wilhelm Bet   40.00 80.00 1710.00
    X Call   40.00 120.00 1170.00
    Turn

Wilhelm Bet   90.00 210.00 1620.00
    X Call   90.00 300.00 1080.00
    River

• A

Wilhelm Bet   300.00 600.00 1320.00
    X All-in   1080.00 1680.00 0.00
    Wilhelm Call   780.00 2460.00 540.00
    X
    Show

Wilhelm Show
    • Q
    • A

X Win Straight to the 7 2460.00   2460.00
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Is this get off-able?:
    Is there a reason you didnt raise pre? I'm never folding river btw.
    Posted by yb
    I don't want to play in a bloated pot out of position against a station.
  • ybyb
    edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Is this get off-able? : I don't want to play in a bloated pot out of position against a station.
    Posted by Wilhelm
    AQ fairs very well against a station's limp/calling range so you should want to bloat the pot imo.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Is this get off-able? : AQ fairs very well against a station's limp/calling range so you should want to bloat the pot imo.
    Posted by yb
    Personally I'm not concerned with ny check pre.  Against this opponent, I'm going to let him limp the button because I think I can get three streets of value from bottom pair if I can hit a pair.  I also think that he checks back the flop if we both miss and I can steal it on the turn without risking a large % of my stack.  If I play small-ball I can beat him.
  • edited November 2010
    I would prefer a raise pre but can understand a check.

As for the rest of the hand, it's a cooler imo. No way I'm passing this HU. His button limping range is so heavily weighted to lesser 2 pairs by the river that I just can't pass.
  • edited November 2010
    raise pre

as played bet less river...still a snap call top 2 HU but I think we are gonna lose value a tonne of time by just potting it here.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Is this get off-able? : Personally I'm not concerned with ny check pre.  Against this opponent, I'm going to let him limp the button because I think I can get three streets of value from bottom pair if I can hit a pair.  I also think that he checks back the flop if we both miss and I can steal it on the turn without risking a large % of my stack.  If I play small-ball I can beat him.
    Posted by Wilhelm
    I know you said your not comcerned, thing is tho, This is pretty impossible (taking pot size stacks and stuff) to get off if the guy is a calling station like you implied. And when you have that info ,that you will get 3 streets from a limp, you will get 3 from a raise aswell and in my opinion this is much more of a concern than trying to get off an impossible hand, jam the loonball.
  • edited November 2010
    if the guys that bad a station i want him to come in pre against a massive raise. Im crushing his range with AQ
  • edited November 2010
    How can you not be concerned with pre check, thats terrible bet while you got premium if you see flop and choose to play slow from then thats your call but check is worst move ever in bb especially against a calling station, i posted on your other version of this

Pre raise 3-4x bb, then on flop bet would be more in the pot so your pot sized bet would be bit more scary for them, then if still in  pot aim to get in on turn.

As played never folding on the river, your soo far ahead of so many hands. Dont put a Set in opponents range as played, never going to put them on 54 quite hidden, pre is the main problem here so be concerned
  • edited November 2010

Leaving the opponents name on the hand as played is pretty poor, especially considering some of the comments made.

In general, if you're not going to bet your strong hands are you not encouraging players to chase draws against you, therefore thinking they're calling stations becomes dangerous?

• edited November 2010
    Leaving the opponents name on the hand as played is pretty poor, especially considering some of the comments made. In general, if you're not going to bet your strong hands are you not encouraging players to chase draws against you, therefore thinking they're calling stations becomes dangerous?
    Posted by harding10
    Sod, I thought I'd taken it off.