You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker Cup

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
Although in theory I think that this format is a great idea where you play in teams, I think it is pretty pointless if you can not tell at first glance who is in your team. A lot of people don't chat anyway and while there are individual prizes for the top six, I do not think that this is conducive to team play. For a well organised team like team sky all is well and good but unfortunately I was stuck with the White team where this wasn't the case. There didn't seem to be a "Home thread" for our "team". I would be interested to hear other peoples comments.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Poker Cup:
    Although in theory I think that this format is a great idea where you play in teams, I think it is pretty pointless if you can not tell at first glance who is in your team. A lot of people don't chat anyway and while there are individual prizes for the top six, I do not think that this is conducive to team play. For a well organised team like team sky all is well and good but unfortunately I was stuck with the White team where this wasn't the case. There didn't seem to be a "Home thread" for our "team". I would be interested to hear other peoples comments.
    Posted by SMOKEY_B
    before these events started i asked if sky could put something like team blue under your avatar but was told it was too late to imply.so all i do is open the team thread and consult the list in whoeveres team you are in or playing.this is very easy to do so i get slightly annoyed when people keep saying " i dont know which team i am on or who i was playing against!these list have been put in everybodys team threads for every match so i cant understand why people do not know? i also get sent a text message before the game starts SO what is the problem!!?????
  • edited November 2010
    Smokey B

Team Sky well organised!!!!

I wish we were although i suppose its all relevant

God bless you my son you have cheered me up no end
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Poker Cup:
    In Response to Poker Cup : before these events started i asked if sky could put something like team blue under your avatar but was told it was too late to imply.so all i do is open the team thread and consult the list in whoeveres team you are in or playing.this is very easy to do so i get slightly annoyed when people keep saying " i dont know which team i am on or who i was playing against!these list have been put in everybodys team threads for every match so i cant understand why people do not know? i also get sent a text message before the game starts SO what is the problem!!?????
    Posted by kb245
    If that's all it takes to slightly annoy you I would suggest anger management sessions. I have since found the White team thread albeit a little late. I obviously did know which team I was in, but didn't know how to find my team thread, maybe the problem was that that wasn't clear enough. You're obviously far more intelligent than me. Thanks anyway for your constructive comments :)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Poker Cup:
    In Response to Re: Poker Cup : If that's all it takes to slightly annoy you I would suggest anger management sessions. I have since found the White team thread albeit a little late. I obviously did know which team I was in, but didn't know how to find my team thread, maybe the problem was that that wasn't clear enough. You're obviously far more intelligent than me. Thanks anyway for your constructive comments :)
    Posted by SMOKEY_B
    obviously.its not u thats annoying its during the games.and yes it could be made clearer as i myself said from the start.