You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Who would find a fold?

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
I have a little scenario here in which I have found myself losing chips in. Some in cash games, some in tournaments.

ACE QUEEN I call a 3/4 times big blind raise from the hijack seat. 2 men to the flop

Board falls QUEEN HIGH - NO IMMEDIATE FLUSH OR STRAIGHT DRAW

I raise big - he goes all in for roughly 2 and a half/3 times that. Though my conscience tells me 'you are behind', I just cannot find the fold. Is this just a flaw in my play or are these situations just ones where you have to bite the bullet and just hope he hasn't got what his bet is telling you he has.

In this example he was in a stealing position - so the possibility of a bluff was there, however, there are scenarios where the raise is from a more legitimate position pre-flop and I am still unable to find the fold.

The main culprits once the cards are flipped are Pocket Kings/Aces and bottom/middle sets.

The best I can usually hope to see is KingQueen/JackQueen or lower pockets such as 10s and Jacks