You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

cant be the only one

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
iam having lots of problems of late to do with poker i seem to do really well one min like the take on tikay on tues i won it for over 170 quid then next day cant win a hand  i wait for cards to come get blinded away cant win or cash so i change and have a go on cash tables where some times i win but i cant seem to win consistanly so what do i do my br is up and down like yo yo and most of the time i end up topping my roll up in all the 8pm tournys i never go deep i just feel like im doing some thing wrong is it time to realise poker isnt for me because cant keep topping up my roll and if its down im out poker for me is fun i love the game
any suggestions welcome
chefboy

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Tighten right up like the biggest nit in nitsville and see if it helps,if not change sites and see how you get on there,xxx
  • edited November 2010
    i play tightish any way yes do have a loose spell but i dont play 8 2 or  9 3 lol i just wanna get to grips and make a small br grow steady instaed of investing 100 a week i usually sat in to main events so not to waste money if i dont cash
  • edited November 2010

this is what i mean by the hands that im getting called with i raised pre i raised again on the flop then realised i was behind so checked it down but then he shows 8 2 wow so somebody asks why the call his response its only a couple of quid to play lol so how do i play against that type of player????

villian Small blind  10.00 10.00 5070.00
    chefboy79 Big blind  20.00 30.00 4980.00
      Your hole cards

lucky77777 Fold     
    makapaka Fold     
    bjay7 Raise  40.00 70.00 4920.00
    BADBOY985 Fold     
    villian Call  30.00 100.00 5040.00
    chefboy79 Raise  100.00 200.00 4880.00
    bjay7 Call  80.00 280.00 4840.00
    Call  80.00 360.00 4960.00
    Flop

• A

villian Check     
    chefboy79 Bet  270.00 630.00 4610.00
    bjay7 Fold     
    villian Call  270.00 900.00 4690.00
    Turn

villian Check     
    chefboy79 Check     
    River

• A

villian Check     
    chefboy79 Check     
    villian Show

chefboy79 Muck

villian Win Two Pairs, Aces and 8s 900.00
  • edited November 2010
    Hi

There is a great resonse from tikay on this thread here ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Calls like that happen on all sites mate, especially at low stakes.
    Though they do seem to hit their hand more often here than on FT for example.

• edited November 2010

Chefboy if u won 170 in the totty earlier in this week, theres no way u shud be needing to top up already.

Play within your bankroll.

I know u wanna play the 8pms, but u can't have it both ways. Build your roll properly.

• edited November 2010
    hi barry
    im not sure people understand what im trying to get at im not moaning at the player who beat me like i said on the totty i won its there chips to do what they want same goes for me what i was trying to fucus on was the correct decision by me to close up shop and check it down (on the hand above) it was shown as a example thats all what i was trying to get at is how do players who do ok now and again in tournys survive with out topping up or playing cash as that seems to be by down fall
    i play most tournys in the 2.20 - 5 quid range i dont do well in dym at all tried that but i seem to win or cash in tournys but when i go on a losing streak which everyone else suffers with what do i do yesterday i played 21 tournys didnt get past half an hour unless i put away lol so thats what i was trying to get at
    chefboy
  • edited November 2010
    hi dohhhh
    like i mentioned in my post to barry i played 21 tournys yesterday and didnt cash in any also played some cash but i was trying to say about topping up if i go under £100 br i top up as i seem to play weird when i dont have a br i seem to play scared instead of my normal game may be it is only me that feels like that but i do i try and sat in to main events i only try once if i get in well all okif not i dont play simples i wont buy direct  in to them as to expensive
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: cant be the only one:
    hi barry im not sure people understand what im trying to get at im not moaning at the player who beat me like i said on the totty i won its there chips to do what they want same goes for me what i was trying to fucus on was the correct decision by me to close up shop and check it down (on the hand above) it was shown as a example thats all what i was trying to get at is how do players who do ok now and again in tournys survive with out topping up or playing cash as that seems to be by down fall i play most tournys in the 2.20 - 5 quid range i dont do well in dym at all tried that but i seem to win or cash in tournys but when i go on a losing streak which everyone else suffers with what do i do yesterday i played 21 tournys didnt get past half an hour unless i put away lol so thats what i was trying to get at chefboy
    Posted by chefboy79
    B/h,b/h and more bounty hunters.That is the most profitable tourny for players like me and you imo.players love to stack off on draws,2nd pair,flush draw etc,so when you have the goods its quiet easy to get paid.Well it works for me ;o)
  • edited November 2010
    Your sharkscope stats say you are a winning player in mtts on sky so stick to playing just them.

Im sure i have seen you on NL100 short stacking, which must be out of your BR so you need to get some discipline and play at NL10 or 20 !!

I know its boring BUT its essential in trying to build a BR.

Mr Sensible 
    Goody :)
  • edited November 2010
    nowt you can do mate. last few days ive been playing the best poker ive played in a very long time, but luck plays a part. been doing very well in tournies getting nearly to the 2nd hour in em then get it in a massive fav one hand was in the tsp classic AA vs 66 preflop and lose. keep telling myself another day i cash but ive had some rotten luck. stick at it :(
  • edited November 2010
    lol your right hurst luck is a massive part of poker some times we have it some times are op has it