You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

one of those yes > no> phew hands

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic

i just want to know did i play the flop check bet correct or should i have slowed it down??? and hope my op has big cards and i get paid off that way???
as u will see i paniced on turn but held my nerve to fire again once again was that the correct move i felt if i checked he would have pushed and to be honest not sure i could call as would have to put him on the j
i have removd the players name and replaced it with villian but think i could have kept the players name in as the hand was ok no bad fealing or bad play but didnt want to upset him

DAFFYBOY Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £60.60
chefboy79 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £46.17
  Your hole cards
  • A

stien Fold     
vegasjay Raise  £2.00 £2.75 £12.50
leonard06 Call  £2.00 £4.75 £33.97
villian Call  £2.00 £6.75 £52.13
DAFFYBOY Fold     
chefboy79 Call  £1.50 £8.25 £44.67
Flop

• J

chefboy79 Check     
vegasjay Bet  £3.50 £11.75 £9.00
leonard06 Fold     
villian Call  £3.50 £15.25 £48.63
chefboy79 Raise  £12.88 £28.13 £31.79
vegasjay Fold     
villianCall  £9.38 £37.51 £39.25
Turn

• J

chefboy79 Bet  £18.76 £56.27 £13.03
villian Fold     
chefboy79 Muck     
chefboy79 Win  £35.71  £48.74
chefboy79 Return  £18.76

Comments

• edited November 2010
    ugh... I have to say, nothing villain does there screams that he has a J. At worst you're splitting, IMO. Looks definitely like he was drawing to flush.

Having said that, wd for firing that bullet out again and leaving him with the decision, not you. Not easy when you have a very easily beaten house.
  • edited November 2010
    fold or 3bet pre imo.

if you are betting the turn you should be shoving. im not sure if i would bet the turn myself tbh i think he has JT/JQ alot. dependin on how good he is he shouldnt have AJ/KJ though imo. (i expect these to 3bet pre to get it in vs shorty with dead monies)

• edited November 2010
    lol raise
    i know pre flop you may say op has j 10 but on the turn if he had a jack his house would be bigger than mine so cant have had a jack i spoke to him few mins ago said he had 9 9 but tbh would u call a reraise on the flop with 9 9??? i think he had a bigger pocket pair may be and slow played them only to get a wet board which he couldnt call !!! well may be
  • ybyb
    edited November 2010
    Obv when he folds he doesnt have a jack. Lolraise means that at the time you made your turn bet there was a good chance he had a QJ/JT type hand.

Snap fold pre imo. As played I'd check turn because our hand doesnt need protecting and we aren't going to get called by worse normally especially as villain wasn't the preflop raiser.
  • edited November 2010
    Are you checking to fold or call a raise though?

I think the bet is decent, because it stops oppo from bluffing him off it- if you're going to call any bet villain makes, taking into account he will be bluffing some of the time, then fair enough- but I think there's nothing wrong with putting your chips in first and stopping yourself having to make a call you don't like.

I actually think he's drawing on that board a lot more than he's holding a J- unless he's a complete station, in which case he could have literally any hand.