You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Newcastle SPT Satellites

Comments

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT Satellites:
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT Satellites : good post gazscoop
    Posted by aussie09
    me & Yorkie had a good bit banter n laff at a bounty final table tonight where I got loads of NPF to dump her loads of chips so she could finish 3rd and she now owes me a cuddle and a pint which shes promised when she comes up to Aspers for the Newcastle leg of the tour

last chance NPF dump chips off to her mind!!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT Satellites : me & Yorkie had a good bit banter n laff at a bounty final table tonight where I got loads of NPF to dump her loads of chips so she could finish 3rd and she now owes me a cuddle and a pint which shes promised when she comes up to Aspers for the Newcastle leg of the tour last chance NPF dump chips off to her mind!!!!!
    Posted by deeiron
    Yep and you owe me some rainbow sherbet...an no dippin yer fingers in it on the way...arlreeet? lololol

xx

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT Satellites : Yep and you owe me some rainbow sherbet...an no dippin yer fingers in it on the way...arlreeet? lololol xx
    Posted by TRIP5

ahhhhhhhhhhh I know who you are now I can see ya picture.

Was sat next to you at Virgin Festival in DTD

Look forward to seeing ya at Aspers mate and Ill bring a few sherbet dips as well

Thats 2 cuddles and 2 pints now then cos Yorkie and your mate are 2 diff people, p.s. your friend was awesome by the way with her fearless play at the bubble
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT Satellites : me & Yorkie had a good bit banter n laff at a bounty final table tonight where I got loads of NPF to dump her loads of chips so she could finish 3rd and she now owes me a cuddle and a pint which shes promised when she comes up to Aspers for the Newcastle leg of the tour last chance NPF dump chips off to her mind!!!!!
    Posted by deeiron
    +1 was next to Yorkie and was good craic last night, glad we are all friends and looking forward to a top SPT in a top city!!

Dave
  • edited November 2010
    both points are incorrect Seats are not exchangeable for cash or transferrable to another event
    Posted by SPT
    my next question is
    whats happens to the seat ?
  • edited November 2010
    Posted by deeiron
    LOL at dump me loads of chips!!!   We did have good banter - I wasnt aware I was being stalked by half the NPF ;o)  and I guess a cuddle in exchange for a pint is a good swap ;o)  lol

Will see you at Newcastle whether I am playing or railing
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT Satellites : ahhhhhhhhhhh I know who you are now I can see ya picture. Was sat next to you at Virgin Festival in DTD Look forward to seeing ya at Aspers mate and Ill bring a few sherbet dips as well Thats 2 cuddles and 2 pints now then cos Yorkie and your mate are 2 diff people, p.s. your friend was awesome by the way with her fearless play at the bubble
    Posted by deeiron
    LOLOLOL

Yup...that's definitely MY photo and I HAVEN'T stole it from Sky_Dave...despite the rumours....

He just happens to be my doppelganger...

P.S...If it's not rainbow sherbet from uncle Abduls shop then I wont be a happy trippy ;o)

xx

• edited November 2010
    Hey Guys. I'm an NPF affiliate so first and foremost I'd like to echo what's already been said by deeiron, the NPF has unique banter and we always have a laugh together both on and off the felt. However were as competitive on the felt as anybody else and would never look to collude, I hope all SkyPoker regulars understand and recognize this.

On a different note I wonder if anybody could help, Tikay most likely. I won a seat into the Aspers leg of the tour in January, however I have double booked myself and will be out the country on Saturday 8th January. What's the protocol on transfering the seat over to somebody else? Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan Trett
  • SPTSPT
    edited November 2010
    Hey Guys. I'm an NPF affiliate so first and foremost I'd like to echo what's already been said by deeiron, the NPF has unique banter and we always have a laugh together both on and off the felt. However were as competitive on the felt as anybody else and would never look to collude, I hope all SkyPoker regulars understand and recognize this. On a different note I wonder if anybody could help, Tikay most likely. I won a seat into the Aspers leg of the tour in January, however I have double booked myself and will be out the country on Saturday 8th January. What's the protocol on transfering the seat over to somebody else? Thanks in advance for your help. Dan Trett
    Posted by Daniel75
    seats are not transferrable. Contact Sky Customer services to see if they will consider it though given the circumstances
  • SPTSPT
    edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT Satellites : my next question is whats happens to the seat ?
    Posted by spudgun720
    I believe tikay is currently clarifying this with Sky Poker. An unusual scenario for these satellites clearly and I don't know at the moment what has been established
  • edited November 2010
    Its sad to see this whole business of transferring seats rearing its ugly head again.

The terms clearly state seats are not transferable!!

If i knew that these terms were breakable, I would continue to enter SPT semi-finals in the hope of qwualifying for future legs, especially as I am away for long spells and may miss many qualifying opportunities.

Last year, I qualified for SPT Newcastle, but was called away to work on the rig. I informed Skypoker, that I was unable to attend, and gave up my seat. I was upset about missing the event, but the money didnt bother me.
    However, if others are available to transfer seats or pass to friends, then I would like a refund for my seat from last years events that i missed due to work..........Swansea also.

Once again, I totally accept the terms and coinditions, please, I implore you do not backtrack on them

Sorry for the rant/complaint
  • edited November 2010
    Hey Guys. I'm an NPF affiliate so first and foremost I'd like to echo what's already been said by deeiron, the NPF has unique banter and we always have a laugh together both on and off the felt. However were as competitive on the felt as anybody else and would never look to collude, I hope all SkyPoker regulars understand and recognize this. On a different note I wonder if anybody could help, Tikay most likely. I won a seat into the Aspers leg of the tour in January, however I have double booked myself and will be out the country on Saturday 8th January. What's the protocol on transfering the seat over to somebody else? Thanks in advance for your help. Dan Trett
    Posted by Daniel75
    when did you actually win this seat dan, friday?  wasn't it after it was made clear to all that no transfers were possible?  i would hope that you get your entrance fee returned and the place is freed up for all skypoker players to compete for fairly and openly.

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT Satellites : when did you actually win this seat dan, friday?  wasn't it after it was made clear to all that no transfers were possible?  i would hope that you get your entrance fee returned and the place is freed up for all skypoker players to compete for fairly and openly.
    Posted by aussie09
    lol very true aussie, he isnt on my list of 101 qualifiers from few days ago!!!!!!!
    yes release the seat (like i did last year - without any refund btw) or be blinded down.........

please please please SPT do NOT bend the rules
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks for your reply SPT, I didn’t read the T&C’s before qualifying and understand/respect your rules.

JAEGERBOMB - Thanks for taking the time to get back to me, although you appear to be very abrupt with me. I obviously didn’t read the terms before posting this and only signed up to Sky Poker so I could play in the Newcastle SPT leg. I sympathise with your situation last year, but it’s ironic how you say in one breath you don’t care about the money then in the same casual manner ask for a refund and furthermore beg them not to accommodate my request. I honestly don’t much care about the seat, it can stay empty for all I care but I just thought I’d see what could be done about the situation. I just thought Sky would rather have the seat filled then have it empty, but never mind.

aussie09 - I won the seat yesterday (Saturday) mate, like I said earlier I obviously wasn’t aware the seats were non transferable or I wouldn’t have posted this in the first place. What you suggesting when you say;

“i would hope that you get your entrance fee returned and the place is freed up for all skypoker players to compete for fairly and openly.”

Only it implies to me that I didn’t win my seat fairly and openly. I’m not here to argue, but felt I had to fight my corner after these abrupt replies. I hope all that have qualified for the Aspers leg have a wonderful time in Newcastle, which I’m sure you will.
  • edited November 2010
    Daniel, Im sorry if I appear to be abrupt and I'm sure if we ever meet at a future SPT event we will have a drink and a laugh............i hope you have a good holiday or whatever you are booked for that weekend.

Yes, I wasnt bothered about the money, my point is that if others get refunds/transfers then i also want!!

Im sure aussie also isnt abrupt, but we are all treading on egg-shells at the moment.........everyone taking things the wrong way...............its unfortunate you now doubt played so well in qualifying, but come on....you qualified last night (after all the debate over seat transfer) and you are on the NPF , which no doubt discusses the oncoming SPT leg and semi-finals...............i havnt bothered looking......

anyway mate, i dont want any arguement, i just want the rules adhered to and good luck to all your friends from the NPF at both the friday night tourny and Skys event on Saturday.
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks JAEGERBOMB (sorry I don't know your name). I honestly hadn't read any debate about seat transfers, but your right I should have done some research before posting here and as such saving all this. Thanks for the apology, yeah for sure if I ever meet you on the felt at future SPT events the first one's are on me.

Take it easy matey
  • edited November 2010
    Cheers Daniel, and i'll make sure we have a jagerbomb together (my downfall)

GL at all online/live events
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks for your reply SPT, I didn’t read the T&C’s before qualifying and understand/respect your rules. JAEGERBOMB - Thanks for taking the time to get back to me, although you appear to be very abrupt with me. I obviously didn’t read the terms before posting this and only signed up to Sky Poker so I could play in the Newcastle SPT leg. I sympathise with your situation last year, but it’s ironic how you say in one breath you don’t care about the money then in the same casual manner ask for a refund and furthermore beg them not to accommodate my request. I honestly don’t much care about the seat, it can stay empty for all I care but I just thought I’d see what could be done about the situation. I just thought Sky would rather have the seat filled then have it empty, but never mind. aussie09 - I won the seat yesterday (Saturday) mate, like I said earlier I obviously wasn’t aware the seats were non transferable or I wouldn’t have posted this in the first place. What you suggesting when you say; “i would hope that you get your entrance fee returned and the place is freed up for all skypoker players to compete for fairly and openly.” Only it implies to me that I didn’t win my seat fairly and openly. I’m not here to argue, but felt I had to fight my corner after these abrupt replies. I hope all that have qualified for the Aspers leg have a wonderful time in Newcastle, which I’m sure you will.
    Posted by Daniel75
    dan, your post is now quite interesting.

you are on the front foot proclaiming your innocence (ignorance) and dismissing others views here.  you claim that you are were unaware of the rules when you entered the spt semifinal on saturday but you are a poster here on this thread, you will/should be fully aware of the rules.  furthermore you have also posted on newcastle poker forum adding to the thread specifically dedicated to the newcastle skypoker tour event and after seeing numerous references to the discussions ongoing on this very matter.

now with your most recent posts you have the audacity to say you didn't know as the basis to launch an attack.  in summary, you join in the debate on the specific threads throughout the week, then enter the competition on saturday, and on sunday say you didn't know. 

this is all amplified as you are now being argumentative in your response and showing a wee bit of paranoia in your understanding.  if you re-read the responses you will see that they are fair and balanced.

if i were to choose a solution now it would be "let the buyer beware" or "you made your own bed..."  you choose, but re-read everything you might see that your approach here is similar to the Jeffrey Archer court case that led to his perjury trial.

• edited November 2010
    Its sad to see this whole business of transferring seats rearing its ugly head again. The terms clearly state seats are not transferable!! If i knew that these terms were breakable, I would continue to enter SPT semi-finals in the hope of qwualifying for future legs, especially as I am away for long spells and may miss many qualifying opportunities. Last year, I qualified for SPT Newcastle, but was called away to work on the rig. I informed Skypoker, that I was unable to attend, and gave up my seat. I was upset about missing the event, but the money didnt bother me. However, if others are available to transfer seats or pass to friends, then I would like a refund for my seat from last years events that i missed due to work..........Swansea also. Once again, I totally accept the terms and coinditions, please, I implore you do not backtrack on them Sorry for the rant/complaint
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    I am in full
    agreement with you on this can I ask you what you think should happen to the seat as it has a value of £110

Mick
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT Satellites : I am in full agreement with you on this can I ask you what you think should happen to the seat as it has a value of £110 Mick
    Posted by spudgun720
    Hi spud, and thanks for your agreement.

Unfortunately, either the seat remains untaken................or is given back the SkyPokerTour in order for other players to qualify........thats what happened with my seat last year Mick.

As a goodwill gesture, I will include you and any others that have to release their seat, in my New Year £200freeroll invitation only (limit 100) (if sky give me go-ahead).

Its unfortunate that things have come to this, but SPT is in a difficult situation and must abide by terms, or risk setting presedents
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT Satellites : dan, your post is now quite interesting. you are on the front foot proclaiming your innocence (ignorance) and dismissing others views here.  you claim that you are were unaware of the rules when you entered the spt semifinal on saturday but you are a poster here on this thread, you will/should be fully aware of the rules.  furthermore you have also posted on newcastle poker forum adding to the thread specifically dedicated to the newcastle skypoker tour event and after seeing numerous references to the discussions ongoing on this very matter. now with your most recent posts you have the audacity to say you didn't know as the basis to launch an attack.  in summary, you join in the debate on the specific threads throughout the week, then enter the competition on saturday, and on sunday say you didn't know.  this is all amplified as you are now being argumentative in your response and showing a wee bit of paranoia in your understanding.  if you re-read the responses you will see that they are fair and balanced. if i were to choose a solution now it would be "let the buyer beware" or "you made your own bed..."  you choose, but re-read everything you might see that your approach here is similar to the Jeffrey Archer court case that led to his perjury trial.
    Posted by aussie09
    I simply asked you what you were suggesting with your comments, it certainly wasn’t my intention to be argumentative I was only after a simple explanation as I felt a little offended. But you chose not to answer, instead call me audacious because I say I didn’t know the protocol (which I didn’t) then began to compare my approach to a court case which I’m not familiar with. I didn’t join any debate through the week, the first time I posted on the NPF thread and this one was after I had qualified for the event and noticed I had double booked myself when I went to put the event in my calendar. I mean why would I post up asking you guys for some friendly advice if I already new the answer?. I now understand that I can’t transfer the seat (it’s really no big deal, I just come here to see if they could help) and I’m at peace with it, just a shame Sky will have an empty seat that could have been filled if they were a little more flexible. I’ve honestly never been met with such a hostile tone in any forum I’ve posted, for simply asking for clarification on a topic.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT Satellites : when did you actually win this seat dan, friday?  wasn't it after it was made clear to all that no transfers were possible?  i would hope that you get your entrance fee returned and the place is freed up for all skypoker players to compete for fairly and openly.
    Posted by aussie09
    i was suggesting two things..

1.   that the spt space should again become open to all skypokers players to play for and should not simply be given to someone of your choosing.

2.   that i hoped that you weren't going to lose your entrance fee.

• edited November 2010
    As the last few seats are almost filled for the Newcastle event it is time to draw a line under any arguments.  I am sure Sky will do the right thing.  What we must now focus on is making it yet another day to remember at a Sky Poker Tour event.  Like others, I am fortunate to have been on many of these events and met a lot of people, who I now regard as friends - the comeraderie is terrific.  Long may it continue.  So let's ALL commit to making it a fun day!
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT Satellites : ahhhhhhhhhhh I know who you are now I can see ya picture. Was sat next to you at Virgin Festival in DTD Look forward to seeing ya at Aspers mate and Ill bring a few sherbet dips as well Thats 2 cuddles and 2 pints now then cos Yorkie and your mate are 2 diff people, p.s. your friend was awesome by the way with her fearless play at the bubble
    Posted by deeiron
    *Blush* Thank you Deeiron! It was nice to speak to you in the chatbox too :-)
  • edited November 2010
    As the last few seats are almost filled for the Newcastle event it is time to draw a line under any arguments.  I am sure Sky will do the right thing.  What we must now focus on is making it yet another day to remember at a Sky Poker Tour event.  Like others, I am fortunate to have been on many of these events and met a lot of people, who I now regard as friends - the comeraderie is terrific.  Long may it continue.  So let's ALL commit to making it a fun day!
    Posted by Dollie
    Dollie who has probably been to more SPT's than anyone, gets it right.

There is so much aggro these days, it's so very sad to see all this.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT Satellites : i was suggesting two things.. 1.   that the spt space should again become open to all sky players to play for and should not simply be given to someone of your choosing. 2.   that i hoped that you weren't going to lose your entrance fee.
    Posted by aussie09
    Hello
    we spoke at the table last night

to respond to your 1st point
    the amount of people who were in that SPT on Thursday last week meant there was 5 seats up for grabs,
    yet only four seats have been awarded, all the players who played in that event have been short changed if this were a race and the winner was disqualified for any reason, all the placing would move up.

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT Satellites : Hi spud, and thanks for your agreement. Unfortunately, either the seat remains untaken................or is given back the SkyPokerTour in order for other players to qualify........thats what happened with my seat last year Mick. As a goodwill gesture, I will include you and any others that have to release their seat, in my New Year £200freeroll invitation only (limit 100) (if sky give me go-ahead). Its unfortunate that things have come to this, but SPT is in a difficult situation and must abide by terms, or risk setting presedents
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    I am guessing you could not take up your seat for your own reasons, & in this case I would agree that the seat remains unclaimed as you legitimately won the seat but due to you circumstances could not take up the seat.

how ever the SPT played on 25th Nov advertised 5 seats, through no fault of all the other players in that event they have been awarded one seat less even though the money to generate 5 seats has been collected
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT Satellites : Hello we spoke at the table last night to respond to your 1st point the amount of people who were in that SPT on Thursday last week meant there was 5 seats up for grabs, yet only four seats have been awarded, all the players who played in that event have been short changed if this were a race and the winner was disqualified for any reason, all the placing would move up.  
    Posted by spudgun720
    aeems a good solution to me, spudgun.

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Newcastle SPT Satellites : aeems a good solution to me, spudgun.
    Posted by aussie09
    It does but I think it may be difficult taking £88 (or whatever the money place got) off someone and awarding it to someone else so hence may complicate matters??
  • edited November 2010

hi sian, i guess it will be so difficult for sky spt people to find not only the right and fair solution, but also the solution that causes the minimum of unhappiness and upset.  but all resolvable if someone invents time travel...