You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Facebook Players - Please Join Now

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
OK - How many of you have crossed the line?

What I mean is from facebook poker to Sky Poker.

How much different is Sky Poker to Facebook Poker (if any?)
Are you still a winning player?
Is your game effected by playing for real money?
Are the skills you learnt on facebook poker helping you to be a winning player on sky poker? or are you struggling to cross the line?

Do you think you have what it takes to cross the line?

Facebook Poker fanatic or Sky Poker Virgin? Have you got what it takes?

If you need help crossing the line or you have already made your mark, post your achievments, questions or advice which you need help with or you think may help others with their transition.

Come on facebook poker players!!! get some real help from real players. We are here to help!!

This is the Forum for all your help and advice.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    I have just under 2 million chips on facebook!

Do i win a prize???
  • edited November 2010
    Yes you do!

When my son plays facebook poker, he always looks to see how many chips other players have accumulated. Then he gasps!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Geeze!!! look how many chips he's got and then procceeds to find another table similar to his level.

So your prize is............................Scaring the opposition into "facebook submission trophy 2010." 
  • edited November 2010
    Its sad but i still use a strict brm on facebook! :)
  • edited November 2010

I used to have over 200 million then i stopped, the gap is massive most players are new to the game....

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Facebook Players - Please Join Now:
    Its sad but i still use a strict brm on facebook! :)
    Posted by donkeyplop
    With just under 2million chips BRM should be a simple process - but if boredom sets in, i would shove the lot in and see if everyone folds. (Just for amusement purposes only)
  • edited November 2010

About 3 years ago I started playing Zynga poker on Facebook. I'd never played poker before but decided to give it a go after seeing some of my friends were playing there.

Facebook poker is very loose and wild, but when you get used to it it becomes quite easy to win with a tight game. Eventually I'd built up so many chips that I started selling them on eBay, the going rate was £12 for 5 million. Amazingly loads of people are happy to pay for playchips, I'd list 30 million a time in 6 lots of 5 million, they would always sell very quickly. After a while Zynga closed down all the private tables to stop people dumping chips to each other, from then the only way to buy chips was from Zynga themselves, at much higher prices of course.

About a year ago I decided to give real money poker a go and used some of my eBay money to make a deposit on Sky. The standard here is much higher than on Facebook, but I adjusted easily enough and I'm a winning player here too. After making the transition I'd never go back to playchips now, winning with real money gives me a much better buzz.

Facebook is very good for online poker IMO, it must bring loads of new players like me into the game, maybe Sky Poker should advertise there.

• edited November 2010
    Yes but I only play on 40k max buyin tables so cant stick the lot in!!

If only this was real money ;)
  • edited November 2010
    About 3 years ago I started playing Zynga poker on Facebook. I'd never played poker before but decided to give it a go after seeing some of my friends were playing there. Facebook poker is very loose and wild, but when you get used to it it becomes quite easy to win with a tight game. Eventually I'd built up so many chips that I started selling them on eBay, the going rate was £12 for 5 million. Amazingly loads of people are happy to pay for playchips, I'd list 30 million a time in 6 lots of 5 million, they would always sell very quickly. After a while Zynga closed down all the private tables to stop people dumping chips to each other, from then the only way to buy chips was from Zynga themselves, at much higher prices of course. About a year ago I decided to give real money poker a go and used some of my eBay money to make a deposit on Sky. The standard here is much higher than on Facebook, but I adjusted easily enough and I'm a winning player here too. After making the transition I'd never go back to playchips now, winning with real money gives me a much better buzz. Facebook is very good for online poker IMO, it must bring loads of new players like me into the game, maybe Sky Poker should advertise there.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Nice one Gary.
    Very interesting story and i'm sure we have some great regulars who have crossed over and are making a few quid and also enjoying themselves on sky poker just like yourself.

An interesting comment you make is making the adjustment, this is something I feel that most poker players of all levels can make. For example from Facebook to Sky Poker - From Dym's to cash - from Cash to Mtt's etc.

I here a lot of people saying they don't play cash or cash players saying they don't play Mtt's, but I believe everyone can make the transition if they play it long enough. What I don't think you can do successfully is go from one to another and expect to win playing the same game.

We have to adjust to that type of game / format and there are some truly great facebook players who could probably do really well if they were to make the transition, but I suppose it's like moving up levels on the cash tables - its a little scary at first and one bad hand can completetely knock our confidence in our own ability.

Anyway - Nice to see you have crossed over and are now reaping the rewards and enjoying poker as it should be.
  • edited November 2010
    I used to play poker on FB only ever done the shootouts, got to round 3 and came second once. was quite proud, then i came to sky. I simply sucked as a player had to rebuild my game completely, now when i go back i cant play. Ive shoved all in pre with a max BI and been called by 8 people. Only one of which had a facecard. I may be an idiot sir, but one thing im not is an idiot.
  • edited November 2010
    I played skypoker before facebook poker, when ever I am on a bad run and it's starting to affect the way I play the game, I sit down with 4M chips at one of the 20K/40K cash tables and it makes me realise that I'm not actually a bad player. It gives you confidence in your own game when you see some of these players trying to play the game.
  • edited November 2010
    I played skypoker before facebook poker, when ever I am on a bad run and it's starting to affect the way I play the game, I sit down with 4M chips at one of the 20K/40K cash tables and it makes me realise that I'm not actually a bad player. It gives you confidence in your own game when you see some of these players trying to play the game.
    Posted by Kevilfish
    Similar story to mine when I started earlier this year.

I do go back to play with a mate very occasionally but can't play for long on Zynga. I suffer from a low level of menieres disease and the graphics on Zynga can trigger it, sky's graphics don't.

Hoping Sky's download software doesn't cause me any problems.

My mate on Zynga is using it as practise to enter a pub league tourney for £10 a week. So far I've failed to convince him he'd be better practising on here with some low stakes real money. Think he could be in for an expensive shock.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Facebook Players - Please Join Now : Similar story to mine when I started earlier this year. I do go back to play with a mate very occasionally but can't play for long on Zynga. I suffer from a low level of menieres disease and the graphics on Zynga can trigger it, sky's graphics don't. Hoping Sky's download software doesn't cause me any problems. My mate on Zynga is using it as practise to enter a pub league tourney for £10 a week. So far I've failed to convince him he'd be better practising on here with some low stakes real money. Think he could be in for an expensive shock.
    Posted by harding10
    Mmmmm. might be a bit of a culture shock for him, I have seen some very good players in these pub leagues and how they play can be very much different.

Wish him all the best for me.
  • edited November 2010
    i played it for 2 days after skypoker bored me was too easy got to about 2 million in chips, my mates dad wanted some chips the other day and somehow i only had 8k in it?? weird as i have never played it since. just seems pointless really if i had no money i would play freeplay on here, got tonnes from when first started
  • edited November 2010
    i started playing on zynga a while back, didnt kno wmuch asbout the game, ended up building my stack huuge being a nitty player.

actually went back on it a couple of months ago and blew the whole lot being loose lol, expected people to fold to my shoves but never did they lol.

play chips doesnt compare to the real thing!
  • edited November 2010

Hi my name is Maca and I’m a gambler... oops wrong meeting.

Seems like there's quite a few of us that started on FB, me I got to about 150mill before Zinga took them all off me because they thought I was selling them. Although a bit miffed at the time it was the best thing that could have happened as it led me to the world of online poker.

Tried a few sites, but have settled down on Sky quite nicely. The crossover from FB to real online poker was a bit tricky at first, no one likes giving real cash away whether in the form of $’s or £’s, as it turned out I was quite good at that at first.

Although learning the basics from FB, I’ve learned a hell of a lot from playing on Sky and from the forum, so much so that I now also play regular at my local pub league. I haven’t reloaded on Sky for what seems like forever, so I must be doing something right.

Until FB or Zinga move in to real play there will be no comparison to with playing for real cash, as mentioned by GaryQQQ “winning with real money gives me a much better buzz.”

Good luck all.

Maca

• edited November 2010
    I play facebook(zynga) poker on my i phone.

Good way to get my poker fix when im out and about.