You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (6th/7th)

edited November 2010 in The Football Corner
At one stage I thought I was gonna hit 3 in a row on Wednesday night but Arsenal decided they were gonna have an off night in Ukraine so it wasn't to be.

Anyhow, it's the weekend again & more opportunities for a win. It's a bit trickier this weekend as it's the FA Cup 1st round but I've managed to find 3 bets.

Main Acca:

Everton to beat Blackpool (A) @ 5/6
Southampton to beat Shrewsbury (H) @ 4/9
Huddersfield to beat Cambridge (A) @ 8/13
Raith to beat Queen of the South (H) @ 10/11

These 4 are paying a very nice 7/1 so I've had a tenner on that.

I saw most of Blackpool's game against West Brom & I got to say I think they were quite lucky to come away with the points. Had the Baggies managed to keep all 11 on the pitch I think it would've been a different outcome but we'll never know now. As it is they meet an Everton side who have really picked up their form over the past month. They're unbeaten in 5 (3 wins) & although it could be a close scoring game they should come away from the seaside with the points.
Southampton have finally started picking up results & after a shaky start now find themselves back in the play off places. They've won 5 of their last 6 games & take a break from league duty this week with a cup game against League 2 opposition. Shrewsbury are having a decent season themselves so far but they're vulnerable on the road & I really can't see them going any further in the cup after tomorrow's trip to the South coast.
Considering that Huddersfield have won 4 of their last 5 league games this price is too big. Cambridge are currently lower mid table in the conference & although they've won their last 2 games they should be no match for the Terriers here. Prior to their last 2 wins, Cambridge had only picked up 1 point from their last 15.
Raith currently sit in top spot in Division 1 & have lost once all season. They've won their last 3 & meet a Queen of the South side who don't travel too well. In 6 attempts so far they've won 1 on the road & even lost to bottom side Morton a few weeks back.

Goals Allowed acca (proudly sponsored by Cheryl Cole :) )

Watford/Forest - Both to score @ 8/11
Plymouth/Swindon - Both to score @ 4/7
Fleetwood/Walsall - Both to score @ 4/5
Sunderland/Stoke - Under 2.5 goals @ 8/13
Derby/Portsmouth - Over 2.5 goals @ 5/6
Stockport/Peterborough - Over 2.5 goals @ 4/7

These 6 pay 22/1 so I've had a couple of quid here.

FA Cup Handicapped Long Shot:

Chesterfield (-2) to beat Harrow Boro (A) @ 3/1 (WAY TOO BIG)
Brighton (-1) to beat Woking (H) @ 8/13
Port Vale (-1) to beat Dartford (A) @ 5/4
Peterborough (-1) to beat Stockport (A) @ 15/8
Fleetwood (+1) to beat Walsall (H) @ 4/6
Carlisle (-1) to beat Tipton Town (H) @ 8/15

These 6 are paying a whopping 106/1 so I've had a quid on there.

The great thing with the handicapped betting is some of the prices are just crazy. Chesterfield have got goals in them (34 in 15 league games) yet you can get 3/1 on them winning by 3 or more at a team who are currently 18th in their division & have also conceded nearly 2 goals per game!

Good luck if you're having a go peeps.

Jay

Comments

• edited November 2010
    1. Livingston v Dumbarton Livingston @ 4/11
    2. Morton v Dunfermline Dunfermline @ 8/11
    3. Falkirk v Ross Co. Falkirk @ 8/13
    4. Celtic v Aberdeen Celtic @ 2/9
    5. Sunderland v Stoke Sunderland @ evens
    6. Blackpool v Everton Everton @ 8/11
    7. Blackburn v Wigan Blackburn @ 8/11

A few tight ones here but 1/3 Juve couldn't beat Salzburg the other day so anything can happen.

Pays 27/1

Good luck to anyone having a bet.

The New Season Corner is starting to get eerily quiet. BRING BACK EMILYEGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• edited November 2010
    1. Hayes & Yeading v Wycombe Wycombe @ 4/6
    2. Gillingham v Dover Gillingham @ 8/15
    3. Dartford v Port Vale Port Vale @ 1/2
    4. Rotherham v York Rotherham @ 8/13
    5. Southampton v Shrewsbury Southampton @ 4/9
    6. Stockport v Peterborough Peterborough @ 8/11
    7. Notts Co. v Gateshead Notts Co. @ 1/3
    8. Hereford v Hythe Town Hereford @ 1/5
    9. Colchester v Bradford Colchester @ 4/6
    10. Carlisle v Tipton Town Carlisle @ 1/6
    11. Brighton v Woking Brighton @ 2/9
    12. AFC Wimbledon v Ebbsfleet AFC Wimbledon @ 4/11

Not a fan of betting on cup games, never know who's up for it. Just done this to make it a little more interesting.

79/1

• edited November 2010

I've got a £5 bet on Blackpool, Doncaster and Aston Villa @ 45/1.....

In with a shout with 20 mins to go.
  • edited November 2010
    Well that was an utter disaster today. Still, there's always tomorrow for me to lose more. At a quick glance I might go for a treble of Arsenal, Chelsea & Rangers which pays 12/5 but I'll have a proper look in the morning when I'm not on life tilt from today!
  • edited November 2010
    A few tasty looking games today so I've gone for 2 bets.

Main Bet:

Chelsea to beat Liverpool (A) @ evens !!!!
    Arsenal/Newcastle - Over 2.5 goals @ 4/9
    Cardiff/Swansea - Both to score @ 8/11

These 3 are paying a decent 18/5 so I've had a tenner on.

That Chelsea price is insane. Liverpool have picked up results of late but they were lucky at Bolton & it was Gerrard who single handedly beat Napoli in midweek.

Correct Score Super Long Shot:

Arsenal to win 3-0 @ 15/2
    Man City to win 2-1 @ 17/2
    Chelsea to win 2-0 @ 8/1
    Cardiff to win 2-1 @ 8/1

This bet does exactly what it says on the tin & potentially pays an eye watering 6540/1! I've had 6 x doubles @ 50p per line & £1 on all 4. I don't expect it to come in but if nothing else it gives me a little more interest in all the games today.

Good luck if you're having a go today.

Jay
  • edited November 2010

On 365, Chelsea are big @ 5/4......but Cardiff are massive at home to Swansea at the same price.

They score goals for fun.

Put them in a double and you get just under 4/1. Worth £25. - More chance of that happening than me qualifying from a primo satellite

gl.
  • edited November 2010
    Wow. Seems the freaky results are back again. Arsenal losing at home (absolutely no disrespect to Newcastle whatsoever btw) & Chelsea losing at Liverpool as well. Obviously that would've been no surprise a couple of years ago but certainly a surprise this season.

Oh well, there's a full programme of midweek games in the top two divisions this week so plenty of opportunities to claw it all back with interest ;)