You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

lasted 2 hands only

edited November 2010 in Area 51
my last little bit of cash  entered a bounty hunter   lasted 2 hands    had AA   raised 5 x the bb  1 caller with 89 off   flop has 2 9s on it    next hand raise up with KQ  againn big fav against Q9   K high flop   i go all in for last 600   he calls and hits runner runner for flush     cannot play these hands any different and will play them the same everytime    no lectures as im simply fed up to the back teeth with online poker and flops that are all too common aginst massive pocket prs    all im gonna say is it happens far too often    anyway enough moaning   i gotta live game tonight down the pub in which i do very well and will do again tonight playing no differently as i do online    nice knowing yall   bye

Comments

• edited November 2010

You'll prob tell me to f off, or not reply at all, but IF ONLY you would spend your time on the forum posting the hands and discussing your play and what you are thinking........Im sure it would make a massive difference.

I've no idea if you're playing the hands well or not, no1 has, we have to take your word for it.

For the sake of the 2 minutes it takes to copy and paste a series of hands, which could save your online career, it has got to be worth it !!!

Good luck in your game tonight. (where the standard is probably even worse than micro stakes online players)
  • edited November 2010
    no i wont tell u where to go   thoughts appreciated    i raised big both times and went all in botht times on flop    unfortunately thats what online poker has done to me    prob a mistake on 1st hand on paired board but chances of him having a 9 very slin and im beating everything else     on relative short stack on next   way ahead pre flop and on flop   nothing i can do against runner runner      and believe me the standard on the whole is very good    we have a player who won 17500 dollars 2 weeks ago online     out of the regular 25 or so players i would say 18 are very good     but there again we only a small county down in the south west so what would we know      if i knew how to copy and paste a hand i would   aint gotta clue how to tho      cheers
  • edited November 2010
    I do know what you mean with the miracle runner runner runner nonsense,and yes b4 anyone says it,we all KNOW it happens live,just not on nearly every single deal though eh?
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: lasted 2 hands only:
    no i wont tell u where to go   thoughts appreciated    i raised big both times and went all in botht times on flop    unfortunately thats what online poker has done to me    prob a mistake on 1st hand on paired board but chances of him having a 9 very slin and im beating everything else     on relative short stack on next   way ahead pre flop and on flop   nothing i can do against runner runner      and believe me the standard on the whole is very good    we have a player who won 17500 dollars 2 weeks ago online     out of the regular 25 or so players i would say 18 are very good     but there again we only a small county down in the south west so what would we know      if i knew how to copy and paste a hand i would   aint gotta clue how to tho      cheers
    Posted by bullyfish
    Click "My sky poker" and then "hand history" option. Find your hand via the hand ID and then open it and copy it from there.

If you do play live fairly often, you know that badbeats happen there as well. Maybe you don't see them as often in your live game if the standard is as high as you say, as better play normallly means less badbeats because of less bad calls. You can find thousands of live pro badbeat stories on youtube etc, or see them yourself live. Fact is we just love to remember the bad things that happen to us while not so much on the good.

I mean I can remember badbeats I've had from 2-3 years ago virtually card for card, but do i remember all the times my hand held up fine? Nope. And it's the same for everyone else. You can only really get a good overview of online poker via a large sample size of hands, which is kind of impossible to do with skypoker.

You get the rigged theorists on all sites. Hell the rigged thread on Fulltilt is about 610 pages deep, but not one of the posters there has every actually collected their hand historys to show anything. Just the usual one or two badbeat hands to show their claim is valid, which is ridiculous.
  • edited November 2010
    "I mean I can remember badbeats I've had from 2-3 years ago virtually card for card, but do i remember all the times my hand held up fine? Nope. And it's the same for everyone else".
    Yes to that and pretty unhealthy it is too. It's strange how poker can make us bitter almost and for most of us, all over a few quid. I have never seen it in other activities as much. Maybe if you missed a pen in the champions league final or something. Poker seems to tap into a very primal part of the brain that is as vulnerable as it is aggressive. It seems so personal.
    It would take a very strong-minded person to always reconcile these things. Sometimes i think it's the simple love of gambling that spurs most people to continue. I read a book called The Luck Factor by Richard E. Wiseman to try and understand what luck is and how people perceive it. It's a good read and quite reassuring actually. Also not some esoteric textbook yet very thorough and scientific. I'd recommend it to anyone, not just poker players for example.
  • edited November 2010

Good posts Kam and Shelski, alas they will fall on deaf ears as far as Bullyfish and many others in Area 51 are concerned - they don't post here to learn and improve their game, merely to have a whine and a conspiratorial moan like bad losers generally do.

• edited November 2010
    Good posts Kam and Shelski, alas they will fall on deaf ears as far as Bullyfish and many others in Area 51 are concerned - they don't post here to learn and improve their game, merely to have a whine and a conspiratorial moan like bad losers generally do.
    Posted by JingleMa
    loooooooooool,i DO NOT and NEVER HAVE said or agreed with any kind of 'this site is rigged theory' why? simple cos its NOT,but what i WILL and always WILL say is that cos the hands are pre-determined there are alot of deals that favour the fish.

Simples really
  • edited November 2010

Thats the same thing Debs.
  • edited November 2010
    Posted by JingleMa
    Isn't that the point of area 51?
    To vent your frustration,have a moan,everybody hates me and so on.
    If they wanted some dogooders advice they would have posted in
    the clinic and asked the question.
    And as someone famous once said "show me a good loser and i'll show
    you a loser"
  • edited November 2010
    And as someone famous once said "show me a good loser and i'll show you a loser"
    I  think it was Wagner from X Factor.
  • edited November 2010
    Posted by JingleMa
    wow  yeah man   great post  thanks for the name call    if you listen im not saying site is rigged   just "seems" alot more hands are geared up for action   IN MY EYES   im not really sure that is same thing as rigged    and as another poster put it  if i wanted advice on a hand id be in the clinic   this is what area 51 is for jingle   nice to see you in here tho  LOL    my live game on fri night went well   3rd outa 25 players   20 pound into 150 then picked up another 110 playing cash    sorry to disappoint you jingle but im not a total loser who knows nothing about poker and just moans all the time    all the best to the rest of you tho
  • edited November 2010
    Thats the same thing Debs.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This. ^^

And you're right Bully, I'm very disappointed you're not a total loser.

• edited November 2010
    thank you mr interesting