You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Trouble typing notes / chat when multi-tabling

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat

When im trying to type a note / chat I constantly get interupted by another table (when action is on me this table becomes the focus and so the cursor disappeard from the note / chat), so in order to write a whole note i have to keep clicking back into the note box every second.  Does anyone else have this problem?  On other sites there is often and option like 'bring table to front when action', am I missing an option like this which I need to change?

I also have a problem that if there is already a note on a player, I cannot add to it in mini view.  In order to add to or edit it I have to open up standard view? 

I prob havnt explained this very well but if anyone else has these problems hopefully they will understand.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    I get this too sometimes.  It's weird tho cos I'm on the D/L beta and sometimes it lets me type away without another table coming to front and other times it does.

The main issue for me thos is that it interupts me typing in the bets manually.  I wanna make it 2.2x not 3x plzzzzzzz.
  • edited November 2010
    Some possibly related note issuses discussed HERE.
  • edited November 2010
    Yep I get the same with bet amounts too scotty. And thanks Machka, that seems to refer to the 2nd problem that Im having.
  • edited November 2010
    note taking really is terrible, not to mention that bug in the post above, the fact you have like 100characters worth of space to write notes is ridiculous, i shouldn't have to have a separate notepad file so i can actually jot down previous actions in moderate detail. 

there should also be a way to write a note on someone even after they've left the table, not to mention sometimes when i try and do it quick while they're sitting out i'm not quick enough and it transfers them notes over to the next guy sat in his seat erasing preview notes i had on him.

sky's note system is extremely tilting.
  • edited November 2010
    if i write a note when i am multi tabling i have the same problem...in fact i have it worse than that.  if i get interrupted while writing a note and then come back to the note i have to start back at the beginning of the note.  the cursor just wont go to the end of what i have already written.that means if i want to write a note i have to write it all in one go before another table interrupts me

i also have issues with chat when i am on mini view.  occasionally i will open standard view to see chat but i have noticed that recently it doesnt keep all of the chat and big bits go missing in no apparent order.  sometimes if im chatting and then go back to mini view the next time i go into standard view the chat i was involved in has diappeared but the chat before that is still there. 

just assumed it was part of sky's charm lol
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Trouble typing notes / chat when multi-tabling:
    i also have issues with chat when i am on mini view.  occasionally i will open standard view to see chat but i have noticed that recently it doesnt keep all of the chat and big bits go missing in no apparent order.  sometimes if im chatting and then go back to mini view the next time i go into standard view the chat i was involved in has diappeared but the chat before that is still there.  just assumed it was part of sky's charm lol
    Posted by huuuuume

yep i got that one too.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Trouble typing notes / chat when multi-tabling : i also have issues with chat when i am on mini view.  occasionally i will open standard view to see chat but i have noticed that recently it doesnt keep all of the chat and big bits go missing in no apparent order.  sometimes if im chatting and then go back to mini view the next time i go into standard view the chat i was involved in has diappeared but the chat before that is still there.  just assumed it was part of sky's charm lol Posted by huuuuume
    yep i got that one too.
    Posted by Boonicon

Hi Boonicon

Had same trouble myself, turned out it was internet explorer
    As soon as i started using firefox everything was OK

Giv tat a ty
    Gie tha a tr
    ive hat a tr
    Give that a try

LOL

Gary
  • edited November 2010
    if i write a note when i am multi tabling i have the same problem...in fact i have it worse than that.  if i get interrupted while writing a note and then come back to the note i have to start back at the beginning of the note.  the cursor just wont go to the end of what i have already written.that means if i want to write a note i have to write it all in one go before another table interrupts me i also have issues with chat when i am on mini view.  occasionally i will open standard view to see chat but i have noticed that recently it doesnt keep all of the chat and big bits go missing in no apparent order.  sometimes if im chatting and then go back to mini view the next time i go into standard view the chat i was involved in has diappeared but the chat before that is still there.  just assumed it was part of sky's charm lol
    Posted by huuuuume
    I let sky know about this one in the technical queries section, they appeared to have sorted it and it has not happened to me since (I use Explorer btw).  Hopefully they will see this thread and check it out again.