You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

4 bet jam, mtt final table....

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic

The villain had been on my table alot throughout the tournament, and gotten the better of me in

He'd seen me open alot, but he hadn't seen me 4 bet at all, i'd either taken it down pre or folded to the 3bet.

He's a good, thinking player, I believe he could be 3 betting me light here, and I thought I could get him to fold AT-AQ, as well as 22-JJ.

What u think to my shove?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
scotty77 Small blind  1500.00 1500.00 115853.14
sikas Big blind  3000.00 4500.00 92853.03
  Your hole cards
  • A

chris1953 Fold     
hhhhffff13 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  8765.00 13265.00 68068.00
SoLack Fold     
scotty77 Fold     
sikas Raise  17000.00 30265.00 75853.03
DOHHHHHHH All-in  68068.00 98333.00 0.00

Comments

• edited November 2010
    he's not folding JJ lol. you don't have enough chips, nor does he. his 3bet is just over 1/4 his stack. if he's any good he's not raise folding here.
  • edited November 2010
    Do u not think he cud lay a big hand down here with 25xbb behind on the final table?

I don't believe that for a minute, a 3 bet here doesn't mean he stacks off at all, I have LOADS OF FE.
  • edited November 2010
    With your loose table image I'd say this is a high risk move at a final table with A3o, it's time to pray and hope he folds.
  • edited November 2010
    i know this opponent well, i dont think he folds, personally.
  • edited November 2010
    IMO your just levelling yourself doing stuff like this.  You had a more than comfortable stack and no need to get the chips in here.

I also think that you are overestimating what the villain folds here.  Think you can take out 99/TT/JJ/AQ from his 3bet/folding range.

From a purely selfish perspective I'm glad you did :p:p
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: 4 bet jam, mtt final table....:
    With your loose table image I'd say this is a high risk move at a final table with A3o, it's time to pray and hope he folds.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

This all the way, as he said you dont exactly have a tight image so anything higher then 88 would get a call imo

Not the greatest move either when your so deep, dont need to get involved surely your opponent could have you crushed here with AK,AQ which they are not folding.
  • edited November 2010

My image is loose preflop, stealing alot of blinds and c-betting, but this situation hasn't occurred yet as I've been folding, so when I jam, and put it all on the line, he has to assume I have a hand? There's been no history of me getting it in pre flop light. 

I wonder if he considered a fold at all? - He'll prob let me know it was a snap call when he reads this. lol

I'd been folding to 3 bets alot he must have seen this.

How good does 10 10 look facing a shove here? what can he beat?   he has 25xbb behind........

Not having a go at the call at all, it was a good call, just wondering how easy it was to make.

It was because we were so deep that I felt the move could work. It's an easy fold if he is committed to the hand obviously. I didn't think he was, maybe he wasn't.

Obv JJ - AA and AK, aren't folding, but he could 3 bet me alot wider than that, and as ever I was playing for the win.

• edited November 2010
    you aren't deep lol that's the point......
  • edited November 2010

He can raise - fold 6 times with 25xbb behind in a row and still have a decent shoving stack - and it's the very first hand of a 12 minute level.

Maybe it's not deep then? but it's the deepest final table I've ever been on on sky - It felt deep stacked to me.

Never in a million years is it an auto stack off once he 3 bets though.

If he understands I've been opening maybe 50% of pots (and he's the only one at the ft who has played with me throughout the tournament) - then he knows my range is v v wide in late position, therefore a 3 bet will get me to fold alot of hands. Anyone else at the table I would fold, I just thought with the history in the tourny, and if he had been watching, he probably would expect me to fold to the 3 bet, as I had been doing throughout.

His 3 bet size was really good too, it made me believe I could make him fold (yb style). Even better if he always intended to call a shove. I know tens are a big hand against an aggressive pre flop player, but I wasn't playing like a maniac up until then. Hence I thought the move would work.

Look at his stack though, 75,000 behind at 1.5/3k blinds. Thats loadssssss of play. 

Cmon that's gotta be classed as deep stacked.

• edited November 2010

the 3bet....you had been opening a lot of pots, so i knew u had a wide opening range any A, Kxs, J10+ mayb wider from the button,  10-10 pretty standard anyway

now the shove....i knew that i you ur were raising wide and that u knew i could be 3bettin wide 55+ A10+ KJs+ etc...(ud seen me do it a few times) so the shove i felt you wanted to push me off something marginal, this coupled with the our recent history ( i 3 bet from the blinds twice before, took half ur stack with KQ vs K10 K high flop and ur failed squeeze fold to 4bet) i felt u were a bit pi**ed with me and it was time to 'make a stand' coupled with ur laggy image my felt my read was fairly solid, plus felt ud value 4bet QQ+ probs make it 40k or something, ud defo shove AJ-AK here and im fine flippin here for the chiplead or being left with 25k