You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sats priced wrong???

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
hi may be im wrong here but the primo sats are £12 quid and its a 1 in 5 well that means the entry costs is 60 quid not £55 surely the sats should be £11 quid then one in 5 is £55 may be im mistaken but the primo only costs 55 doesnt it

Comments

• edited November 2010
    ok i can see whats wrong the entry to the primo is £50 plus 5 to sky =£55
    but u are charging £11 plus £1 for sky its wrong it should be £10 plus £1 come on sky sort it out
  • edited November 2010
    na price is rite it`s £11 plus £1 for sky
  • edited November 2010

They are charging rake of £1 per person on the semi final sat so it is 11+1 really. They could charge rake of £1.10 per person if they wished (10%). So the real sat price should be £12.10.

On the sub sat they are charging 10% rake so instead of it being £2.40 it is £2.64. 24pence rake...

standard

• edited November 2010
    so let me get this right your paying two rakes????? since when i have played most sats when they were £7.20 so 1 in 5 get a place thats £33 quid so they have put the price up and start adding extras???
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: sats priced wrong???:
    so let me get this right your paying two rakes????? since when i have played most sats when they were £7.20 so 1 in 5 get a place thats £33 quid so they have put the price up and start adding extras???
    Posted by chefboy79
    They are charging a rake of around 10% for the PRIMO satellite entry itself it seems,  whereas in other sats, like the 4.80 ones for the BH they don't

I feel another fiasco coming on...
  • edited November 2010

Weren't the old primo sats priced at £7?

7 x 5 = 35, so they were making £2 per seat there too? - This isn't new?

• edited November 2010
    nah effectivley your getting your primo rake for free since you get in, but they have to cover for the loss of that, i imagine the vast amount of people cant afford a £55 BI every-week so fairs fair eh.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: sats priced wrong???:
    Wasn't the old primo sats priced at £7? 7 x 5 = 35, so they were making £2 per seat there too? - This isn't new?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    good point dohhhhhhh

so why do they charge rake on some sats and not others?
  • edited November 2010

remember that sky rake £1 from all those that don't qualify.  so for a qualifier skypoker is charging twice. 

looking more closely... supposing 500 players at 8pm

500 runners paying £55, total funds = £27,500, prizes £25,000, therefore rake to sky £2,500
    if sky now charge assuming all entrant via qualifiers...
    2,500 entrants paying £12, total funds = £30,000, prizes £25,000, therefore rake to sky £5,000

no quite fair... is it going to be that sky put the entrance fees up to ensure that more players seek to qualify which, as a consequence, potentially doubles skypoker's income stream?

• edited November 2010
    Well though i do find this thread very interesting i still want to know where is the

56p?

• edited November 2010
    hi don
    i think u have this wrong about us getting the rake in the primo for free as if the sat is £11 plus one = £12 then one in five go through so 11x5 =55 so we are paying for the rake because only 50 goes into the pot so we are paying the rake twice in theory but hey im only a poker player i still play on here not throwing the dummy out so who cares lol
  • edited November 2010
    They have to charge rake for the Semi so it has to be more than £11 so in theory £12 is acceptable but as you point out that equates to £60 which doesn't seem correct tbf. But tbh they are a bit stuck there really, because if they only charge £11 in the Semi without rake, that would mean that quite possibly a few hundred players would not have paid rake which is imo wrong because Sky is a business after all. However having to pay £60 for a seat is also wrong imo. Maybe sky could do them slightly different maybe - instead of 1 in 5 go through - they word it as 1 player goes through for every £55 collected.

Or maybe it is correct to charge £60, i dunno, you pay £11 +£1 so the £11 is carried over to make £55 and because it is a new game then rake should also be paid and the +£1 for the rake has just gone to cover the cost of the Semi. TBH I don't have a clue but maybe some clarification could be made and if it is that the £5 of rake is to be paid for the Primo because it is technically a new game then imo fair enough - I aint gonna grumble if I bink a £55 seat for £12 :) 
  • edited November 2010
    im glad some one sees what i was trying to say dylan about 1 in 5 is 60 quid but like u say if u pay 12 and blink u end up in a far better tourny worth 55 so all in all im sure im flogging a dead horse lol gl if your in tonights primo not that u need it mr luck box
  • edited November 2010
    The 1 in 5 is an approximation, done to give an indication of how well you need to do to get through. If 20 entered then 4 would go through and the 5th place would have a small cash prize, made up of the surplus. Or at least that's how it should be.