You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Running good then running bad = Even Swing?????

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
So playing today at 2/4 and having a really great day in just over 3 hours i make £28 im crushing people left right and center - amazing stuff, happy as the pig in the proverbial, never won that amount that quickly at 2/4.

I come back on a little later (on 4/8 i will admit) and suddenly my two pairs getting beat by trips, straights by flushes and my pocket queens run into aces..........managed to lose £28 in just over an hour!!!!

this called even swing??.....anyway im off to kick a puppy

Comments

• edited November 2010
    "I literally have no idea what you're talking about"          ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Good - Because I litarally have no idea what to do!!!
  • edited November 2010
    this about sums up my evening...........
    troop0345 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £5.36
    tapeworm Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.96
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

Chesiel Call  £0.04 £0.10 £3.94
    SHAMROC121 Fold     
    HEATHY100 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £3.41
    troop0345 Call  £0.02 £0.16 £5.34
    tapeworm Raise  £0.28 £0.44 £3.68
    Chesiel Fold     
    HEATHY100 Call  £0.28 £0.72 £3.13
    troop0345 Fold     
    Flop

tapeworm Bet  £0.54 £1.26 £3.14
    HEATHY100 Call  £0.54 £1.80 £2.59
    Turn

tapeworm Bet  £1.80 £3.60 £1.34
    HEATHY100 All-in  £2.59 £6.19 £0.00
    tapeworm Call  £0.79 £6.98 £0.55
    tapeworm Show
    • J
    • J

HEATHY100 Show

River

HEATHY100 Win Straight to the 8 £6.46
  • edited November 2010
    why move up stakes if your crushing the level you were at, just carry on making nice additions to your bankroll. sometimes i find i get smacked in the face by the deck on one table, and on another i get outdrawn every hand. 
  • edited November 2010
    as hurst says stick to nl4 mate.
  • edited November 2010
    Why not just stick to NL2/4?

Because if i did that i would never improve. I moved up last night due to my amazing morning which gave me the bank roll to do so. I lost it all.......so i moved back down (as the hand above shows).

However im am of the opinion that staying at the level im at will never make me better at this game i love playing. So everytime i get enough bank roll i go up......and I have to be honest I do know when im outclassed (the other night sat at the table with Dohhhhh, Shankski, Don and DP for example) or when im just getting outdrawn/ Running bad.

It just so happens that both times ive gone up i have run into some seriously bad luck. I look back at the hands and ask myself if id still do the same thing again.....I would - ergo keep chipping away. The play is a little more agressive....not much tho and there are plenty of fish.

But playing that level (When my bankroll allows) will allow me to improve and learn. And that is what its all about. I hope in 6-12 months i will be crushing 4/8 and considering moving up again...... I will also be prepared to lose there for the first few months....until I hit an level wher I consider I can never get any better no point in staying stagnant - A rolling stone gathers no moss ladies and gents!!