You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

5th time in a row can i make a call??

In Response to 5th time in a row can i make a call??:
Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance HANLEY2580 Small blind   75.00 75.00 1635.00 BURNShurtz Big blind   150.00 225.00 4955.00   Your hole cards Q J       sheepboy18 Call   150.00 375.00 8212.50 Roche_x Fold         OnKsToN Fold         hotstuff03 Fold         xxx  All-in   1635.00 2010.00 0.00 BURNShurtz ??? this player has been raisin all-in on my BB for 5 times in a row now, pretty sure they havnt had a hand every time and the last hand i played aganst them they double me up so thinking they just want to annoy me. should i just keep foldin my BB or should you draw a line??
Posted by BURNShurtz
you forgot to null his name out on both his posts :)

Anyways eventually i do draw the line but im waiting for A10+/KQ+/88+

Comments

• edited November 2010
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    xxx Small blind  75.00 75.00 1635.00
    BURNShurtz Big blind  150.00 225.00 4955.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • J

sheepboy18 Call  150.00 375.00 8212.50
    Roche_x Fold     
    OnKsToN Fold     
    hotstuff03 Fold     
    xxx All-in  1635.00 2010.00 0.00
    BURNShurtz ???
    this player has been raisin all-in on my BB for 5 times in a row now, pretty sure they havnt had a hand every time and the last hand i played aganst them they double me up so thinking they just want to annoy me.
    should i just keep foldin my BB or should you draw a line??
  • edited November 2010
    No doubt he is shoving very wide but Q high isnt enough to call . A high is probs a call tho.
  • edited November 2010
    why would you even want to? you have 150 in the middle and are being asked to pay 10 times that with a hand that you wouldn't really fancy calling small raises with.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: 5th time in a row can i make a call??:
    In Response to 5th time in a row can i make a call?? : you forgot to null his name out on both his posts :) Anyways eventually i do draw the line but im waiting for A10+/KQ+/88+
    Posted by The_Don90
    what if those hands never come??
  • edited November 2010
    why would you even want to? you have 150 in the middle and are being asked to pay 10 times that with a hand that you wouldn't really fancy calling small raises with.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    if they have done it 5 times, they could just keep doing it so what do you do then?
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: 5th time in a row can i make a call?? : if they have done it 5 times, they could just keep doing it so what do you do then?
    Posted by BURNShurtz
    wait it out and let someone else get wound up enough to deal with him. Until I had a premium hand worth risking it.

Even if he told me his cards in this situation and they were T7, 53, 72 I wouldn't call.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: 5th time in a row can i make a call?? : wait it out and let someone else get wound up enough to deal with him. Until I had a premium hand worth risking it. Even if he told me his cards in this situation and they were T7, 53, 72 I wouldn't call.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    so you would let this player take your chips every time your in the BB?? unless you had AA?
  • edited November 2010
    while I have 5000 chips and the blinds are 150 yep.

You don't have to take my advice, just telling you what I would do in this situation.

Call these guys with Q high if you don't mind taking unnecessary risks. But if you want to reduce the luck in your tournaments you don't need to get involved.
  • edited November 2010
    while I have 5000 chips and the blinds are 150 yep. You don't have to take my advice, just telling you what I would do in this situation. Call these guys with Q high if you don't mind taking unnecessary risks. But if you want to reduce the luck in your tournaments you don't need to get involved.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    how many of your chips would you let them have?? would you wait til you had 1 blind left?? im always looking for advice .
  • edited November 2010
    I call with QJ here, i do not get bullied i'm afraid, after someone has shoved my bb 3 times they are pushing their luck, so im snap calling with half a hand on the 5th time.

Wrong probably but thats what i would do.

• edited November 2010

On the bubble of an mtt once, I was chip leader and raising maybe 90% of pots. 

There was a 4xbb stack on my table, and a 3xbb stack on the other table....

It was folded to me in the small blind, and I had Ace 3 of hearts. The big blind was comfortable with 10xbb's and cud make the cash easily....

I open shoved, knowing my ace high was probably good, and he wont want to play for his stack on the bubble.

The guy called, which I obviously didn't want, until I saw he had 10-4 off suit.

He hit, I said, what was that???? -

he said "you have shoved on my big blind 4 hands in a row, I knew you were bluffing"

You've got to stop coaching these guys Hoggers.

• edited November 2010
    Personally if this has happened before 3+ times with blinds as they are i dont mind defending with QJ not the worst hand although could get call by rag ace etc but you should have live cards i'd say minimum fight back here q10

edit- lol similar to hoggers here didnt read his before as like to post then review other advice
  • edited November 2010
    I call with QJ here, i do not get bullied i'm afraid, after someone has shoved my bb 3 times they are pushing their luck, so im snap calling with half a hand on the 5th time. Wrong probably but thats what i would do.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    whats the lowest hand you would call with?
  • edited November 2010
    On the bubble of an mtt once, I was chip leader and raising maybe 90% of pots.  There was a 4xbb stack on my table, and a 3xbb stack on the other table.... It was folded to me in the small blind, and I had Ace 3 of hearts. The big blind was comfortable with 10xbb's and cud make the cash easily.... I open shoved, knowing my ace high was probably good, and he wont want to play for his stack on the bubble. The guy called, which I obviously didn't want, until I saw he had 10-4 off suit. He hit, I said, what was that???? - he said "you have shoved on my big blind 4 hands in a row, I knew you were bluffing" You've got to stop coaching these guys Hoggers.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    if you were in my postion how long would you let them get away with it?? til you get a monster? what hand/hands would you call with? 
  • edited November 2010
    call with pairs 55+ any ace and KJ+ imo.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: 5th time in a row can i make a call?? : whats the lowest hand you would call with?
    Posted by BURNShurtz
    I call with all pairs and J10s up probs