You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's £15000 guarenteed PRIMO show thread.. (Which starts at 9pm FAO Mr Chip!)

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
Evening all!

The legend that is Mr Tony Kendall will be providing the glamour (I'll be providing the Poker intellect obv ;)
for tonight's MAHOOSIVE £15,000 gtd Primo!

Super sats are running.. direct buy-in's are occurring and Chirpychip is probably already at his television awaiting the start of the show.. it's
9pm btw!!

There will be hand analyses (Don't forget to post your hand ids along with relevant info), Poker clinic and a wee chinwag with Mr James Hartigan live and direct from Las Vegas with all the information and updates from the November Nine.. We'll also have some more SPT Blackpool footage for you to feast your eyes upon!

Grumpy may even give sport prize or two...

So what with the WSOP being down to the final two HU.. Mr Jonathan Duhamel and Mr John Racener.. My show thread and potential prize question for you is:

If you you had to be HU with one of these two which would it be and how would you go about playing them based on how you perceive them to play.. Including style of play, table image etc??

GOOD LUCK ALL!!!

xxx

Comments

• edited November 2010
    John Racener every time.  Having said that read will backfire given not see him play HU and he will quickly own me for the shortest WSOP HU match ever
  • edited November 2010
    Hi,
    looking forward to the show tonight,

Suffered a J Hartigan indignation earlier tonight,
    I had to go for my dinner in the middle of the
    Facebook freeroll, shoved all-in twice and got 5x,
    went for my dinner, came back still with 18k.
  • edited November 2010
    Hi LM, tikay

Either one for me, I vary my play on tables, love to overbet with big pairs, but with the odd call with therm, so would probably do the same HU, and of course TAKE IT DOWN WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :)
  • edited November 2010
    car crash hand.....i'm out in 15 mins lol

shorty shoved with 710...called by big stack...i shove with aa...big stack calls with kq off and hits str on river....

ooops

xx

• edited November 2010
    i`ll take on either with the stipulation redmond lee plays it for me, off course he`ll get 10% off winnings
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's £15000 guarenteed PRIMO show thread.. (Which starts at 9pm FAO Mr Chip!):
    car crash hand.....i'm out in 15 mins lol shorty shoved with 710...called by big stack...i shove with aa...big stack calls with kq off and hits str on river.... ooops xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Really unlucky Irene - if you had most of your stack when he calls you with KQ, I doubt he'll be a big stack for too long!
  • edited November 2010
     #305721547    if u get bored don't do this!
  • edited November 2010
    I'd like to go up against Duhamel as I like to be the underdog (never great when I'm leading!) and with a name like RACEner I wouldn't like to be in one with him all in.

'Limping' in to the final with only 31 million chips smells of laddering :) plus big respect to Duhamel for going all in on a 170 million chip pot. As Ali G says - 'RESTECP!'

If I won against him as well I could run off shouting 'Blame Canada!' at the top of my voice.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's £15000 guarenteed PRIMO show thread.. (Which starts at 9pm FAO Mr Chip!):
    In Response to Re: Tonight's £15000 guarenteed PRIMO show thread.. (Which starts at 9pm FAO Mr Chip!) : Really unlucky Irene - if you had most of your stack when he calls you with KQ, I doubt he'll be a big stack for too long!
    Posted by darich
    lol i had over starting stack (just) so imo it was a terrible call...still, it did win...outdraw city rich

xx
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's £15000 guarenteed PRIMO show thread.. (Which starts at 9pm FAO Mr Chip!) : lol i had over starting stack (just) so imo it was a terrible call...still, it did win...outdraw city rich xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Terrible is the politest word I'd have used ;-)
  • edited November 2010

Hi Lisa & Tikay have a great show

btw would it be possible to show this hand    Hand History #305657384

Over the last few weeks i've been working on my bet sizing it was early on in tourney my question is should i have bet more pre-flop / flop & turn as i think i bet right amounts but best to check also didn't understand villians call when i raised on turn many thanks Michael

• edited November 2010

I'd want to play Duhamel. He needs a beating purly for the smug look on his face when he got lucky and binked with jacks against aces to bust Matt Affleck.

I don't think his call of the all-in was terrible but the look on his face as Affleck started crying is unforgivable.

Not that i would have a snowballs chance in taking him down a peg lol.

• edited November 2010

Just went out - can I ask your opinion if I made a bad decision? I guess I should've played it safe.
    It was Hand #305741156

• edited November 2010
    Evening LML and The legend MR TK.............enjoying the show. as usual! keep up the good work!........ps im still in tk :)
  • edited November 2010
    regarding the raise on the button with KJ.....When the bb re-raises, I'd 4 bet Jam *wink*
  • edited November 2010
    Redmond (and the show in general) last night was a good watch, he's remarkably calm and collected (a good poker player trait I guess!)

For those of us happy to acknowledge they've still got loads to learn, I really appreciated that late hand shown on Top of the Pots where he talked us through why he did what he did. It makes it easy to relate and work out where you might have gone wrong in similar situations, or where you could do more.

Thanks guys.
  • edited November 2010
    busted, lost most my chips allin pre with QQ vs AK (A on turn) gg
  • edited November 2010

Regarding to Christmas Presents without necessary parts. I had a chocolate maker factory thing that came without the chocolate that was supposed to come with it. Needless to say, I improvised with much other gained chocolate though so wasn't a major problem :P

• edited November 2010
    hello tikay and lisa. love the show. last nights too. on the subject of christmas presents that didn't work. i was bought a "poker for dummies"  book last year... still not working :)
    all the best,
    bob
  • edited November 2010
    hey tikay
    i would love to get going just waiting for the cards lol
  • edited November 2010

Just wanna add to the plaudits given for the show last night.

As an aspiring high level cash player I can honestly say without bias, that last nights show was better than any book, or forum I've ever read. 

Having someone spell things out as clearly as Reds did last night, with practical examples of all sorts of hands is a massive learning experience to me.

I'd advise anyone who wants to learn cash, or improve at cash, to watch the repeat of the show as many times as possible, so everything sinks in - I will definitely be watching it 3/4 more times.

Yeh he was good in front of the camera, but more importantly the content was auwsome.
  • edited November 2010
    i was once given a bottle of vodka without a packet of resolve....

how rude

xx

• edited November 2010
    hi Tikay and LML, Can you tell me when one of the TSP classic is shown on tele, i took this event down on tuesday coming first and aslo took Tikay out on the final table. lol rememeber Tikay ;).. and lisa loved the banter you and richorford were giving Tikay in the chat box on final table......
  • edited November 2010
    i was once given a bottle of vodka without a packet of resolve.... how rude xx
    Posted by TRIP5

POTW!!!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    Just wanna add to the plaudits given for the show last night. As an aspiring high level cash player I can honestly say without bias, that last nights show was better than any book, or forum I've ever read.  Having someone spell things out as clearly as Reds did last night, with practical examples of all sorts of hands is a massive learning experience to me. I'd advise anyone who wants to learn cash, or improve at cash, to watch the repeat of the show as many times as possible, so everything sinks in - I will definitely be watching it 3/4 more times. Yeh he was good in front of the camera, but more importantly the content was auwsome.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Totally agree with u Doh recorded it last night  & watched it twice today an Excellent Show learnt loads especially when betting with small pairs & bet sizing which i put into practice earlier on cash & made a nice profit  still need to  watch it over & over to break everything down into my play
  • edited November 2010
    I would rather play Hu against the wonderful Jonathan Duhamel.  He is so handsome and charming and has a great sense of humour.  Maybe after I take all his money we could go for dinner and a movie...
  • edited November 2010
    A certain some1 wants this hand to be shown... dont know why? ;-)

• edited November 2010
    Loving the show guys.

LM, that's surely not the first time that in return for a lift from Tikay, you've given him 'One'.

Tikay, if you're wondering where my present is- rest assured I've left a 'Number Two' on your car seat.

You're welcome.

x
  • edited November 2010
    i`ll take on either with the stipulation redmond lee plays it for me, off course he`ll get 10% off winnings

CAN I CHANGE MY MIND AND GET TIKAY TO DO IT FOR ME, THE REASON HE`LL GRIND THEM TOO SLEEP, THE WHILE THERE NAPPING CAN STEAL THE BLINDS ?
  • edited November 2010
    hi Lisa Marie and Tony,

To be honest, if I was heads up in this tourny, I wouldnt really care which of these two I would prefer, as i would believe i am the better player. My tactic would be, if ahead, put the pressure on, if behind, look to be very aggresive. The key to the game will be momentum.

Great to see you both last week and i did make it back for a pint lol.
    Keep up the great work

col