You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The new structure for the Primo

Just seen the new structure/prize money/buy in fee for the Primo. £55 is above my bank roll and therefore I won't be entering a tournament that I used to look forward to. 

Ah well, I suppose sky wanted their top players to have another exclutivity tournament and TK can more than ever over enthuse about his favourites.

I could be way off the mark here but I suppose time will tell.
Ok moan over, i'll go and crawl away under some sit n go's

Steve

Comments

• edited November 2010
    In Response to The new structure for the Primo:
    Just seen the new structure/prize money/buy in fee for the Primo. £55 is above my bank roll and therefore I won't be entering a tournament that I used to look forward to.  Ah well, I suppose sky wanted their top players to have another exclutivity tournament and TK can more than ever over enthuse about his favourites. I could be way off the mark here but I suppose time will tell. Ok moan over, i'll go and crawl away under some sit n go's Steve
    Posted by kalooki8
     Try satelite in m8, i never pay for the full amount because like you said its just too expensive, you can get in for about £2.50ish with a bit of luck.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: The new structure for the Primo:
    In Response to The new structure for the Primo :  Try satelite in m8, i never pay for the full amount because like you said its just too expensive, you can get in for about £2.50ish with a bit of luck.
    Posted by Carlos_
    Thanks for the reply Carlos, personally I don't like to, have he time to, win a tourny to enter a tourny to enter a tourny. Just think the focus iof the t.v channel, with the league/sponsorship is towards the biggest bank rolls / those that can play all day on cash games and the big cash games. Personally I think that sky is beginning to price out those that for a reasonable investment can have a fw hours fun, get to maybe see their hands on t.v and possibly with luck can win a few grand. 

There is a danger that we'll just see even more the same players over and over again.

Carlos - thanks for making me get my soap box out again lol 
  • edited November 2010

Play it every other week, and on the week you aren't playing, enter a tourny for a tenner.

fwiw, I won't be buying in anymore either. But not really bothered, just means I'll save 30 quid a week. lol
  • edited November 2010

out ove my br aswell.del

• edited November 2010
    out ove my br aswell.del
    Posted by DELTA
    I wont be buying in either will just try to satellite into it occasionally  but even £12 is stretching it for a satellite, out of interest does anyone know how many runners were in it Sunday did it have enough to cover the payout?
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: The new structure for the Primo : I wont be buying in either will just try to satellite into it occasionally  but even £12 is stretching it for a satellite, out of interest does anyone know how many runners were in it Sunday did it have enough to cover the payout?
    Posted by JONONZIE
    i watched it and about 350 were in and it beat the garentee.. really do seem on a push for a select few players. good luck to them but leaves other players feeling left out.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: The new structure for the Primo : i watched it and about 350 were in and it beat the garentee.. really do seem on a push for a select few players. good luck to them but leaves other players feeling left out.
    Posted by lordbobby
    Totally agree bobby and I wonder if the majority wanted it or a select few on the forum.
  • edited November 2010
    Play it every other week, and on the week you aren't playing, enter a tourny for a tenner. fwiw, I won't be buying in anymore either. But not really bothered, just means I'll save 30 quid a week. lol
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    LOL - My money management doesn't work this way and I get half the chance to win however the way I'm playing on this site I'm prob with you saving £33.
  • edited November 2010
    I like most on the thread will not be buying in direct - Try a sat to the semi then see if i can get in from there i think, but Sky has to put on bigger tournies, any other site your on it would not be strange to see $220 buy in tournies that a lot of the runners have satalited into and no one seems to complain that they are available. I think £11 is far more accessable but as the site evolves the tourneys have to as well. If someone as mentioned saw 350 playing that passed the GTD then i don't see how this can be for the select few??? at least 350 people wanted it as they played it right?
  • edited November 2010
    I like most on the thread will not be buying in direct - Try a sat to the semi then see if i can get in from there i think, but Sky has to put on bigger tournies, any other site your on it would not be strange to see $220 buy in tournies that a lot of the runners have satalited into and no one seems to complain that they are available. I think £11 is far more accessable but as the site evolves the tourneys have to as well. If someone as mentioned saw 350 playing that passed the GTD then i don't see how this can be for the select few??? at least 350 people wanted it as they played it right?
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    hi aces' it was me who posted how many were in etc. my reference to the select few was regarding the tv show more than the tourney structure.
  • edited November 2010
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    I agree that other sites may have larger buy ins however sky set their stall out to set their premium competition within reasonable access to alot of players withthe chance to take a tidy sum. Though 350 did take part, the new stake excluded over 120, I wonder in todays monitery climate whether this was a right decision or just listening to those who shout loudest. I will reserve judgement to see how it goes, my hunch is that the 350 players mark will reduce week by week.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: The new structure for the Primo : I agree that other sites may have larger buy ins however sky set their stall out to set their premium competition within reasonable access to alot of players withthe chance to take a tidy sum. Though 350 did take part, the new stake excluded over 120, I wonder in todays monitery climate whether this was a right decision or just listening to those who shout loudest. I will reserve judgement to see how it goes, my hunch is that the 350 players mark will reduce week by week.
    Posted by kalooki8
    My hunch is that the 350 players mark will increase week by week.
  • edited November 2010
    i think the price is over the top been playing on other sites playing  $10k & 15k  gtd tourneys for $5.50 thats dollers not pounds plus there have a late reg so u can sill register in the first hour
  • edited November 2010
    may right or may be wrong to me looks so called great players on here just want to out price the fish and donks have there own tourney
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: The new structure for the Primo : My hunch is that the 350 players mark will increase week by week.
    Posted by MereNovice
    +1 i think you will find that the primo gets more runners as the winter draws on. And in response to 15k GTD's for 5.50 - Of course they are available, i've won some, and i've had to beat 4000 runners to do it !! there is the difference that still makes sky value for money
  • edited November 2010
    may right or may be wrong to me looks so called great players on here just want to out price the fish and donks have there own tourney
    Posted by scrumdown
    Agreed
  • edited November 2010
    i used to look forward to trying to get into the primo in the old 7quid satellites, 33quid was a bit much for me to enter but i loved playing it if i did get through the satellites. 

i havent looked through older posts but have sky given a reason as to why the entry has been raised? 
    my initial thought was so it aimed to bring the entries down so they could show the final table and the highlights all on one show. 
  • edited November 2010
    Posted by scrumdown
    lol why on earth would the 'great players' want to price out the 'fish and donks'