You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HELP PLEASSEEEE!!!!!

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Hey guys,

Ok this is probably a longer story than i care to write or you care to read. Anyways, i took a small blip a few bad beats, then i started over-playing hands. The more i took a bad beat (although laughing it off) and the more i over played a hand the looser im getting.

I looked back over my last two days worth of hands, and theirs actually about 80% of hands im not happy with how i played. This is an appauling record and in all honesty im glad ive spotted it now and not a week or two down the line.

Any advice would be apprechiated please.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    I reckon you should take a break for few days, play COD or something which will just let of steam dont recommend fifa cos if you lose then tilt more lol or fighting game like wrestling/ufc

I would also review every hand and note down standard things your doing wrong eg. playing utg too much, overplaying sb & bb, common mistakes like c betting on dangerous board, just review alot and go back down to nl4 where you kill just to gain some confidence. i recently have been running bad but drop to 2.20 sit n gos which i do well to get a bit more confidence back.

Good luck don don
  • edited November 2010
    See my reply in area  51.
  • edited November 2010
    I saw that jj great advice dude Top man! may recommend my mate jeff reads aswell :P
  • edited November 2010
    Sounds like a classic case of tilt. Take a break.
  • edited November 2010
    AS ABOVE . OTHER THING I HAVE DONE A FEW TIMES IS STOP PLAYING WHAT I NORMALLY PLAY AND ENTER A CHEAP SPEED TOURNEY , CAN BE A GREAT WAY TO DISH OUT A FEW BAD BEATS MYSELF AND GET RID OF SOME OF THE FRUSTRATION ( SHOUTING ABUSE AT THE SCREEN HELPS ) . BEING HONEST WITH YOURSELF IS THE WAY TO GO , ONCE YOU HAVE DONE THAT , HALF THE BATTLE IS WON . EASIER SAID THEN DONE , IM IN THE MIDDLE OF THAT RIGHT NOW AND I CAN ONLY DO THAT IF IM AWAY FROM THE TABLES .  PS. DON'T BREAK THE MIRROR :)  GL M8