You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Strategy Articles For You

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Some of you may know i used to write cash game strategy articles for Inside Poker so i thought sharing them may be helpful to some.  They were written mostly last year but i think they are all still fairly relevant.  They are quite basic and aimed at players who have a decent grasp of the game but want to improve.  Anyways, they may ignite some discussion.  I'd welcome any feedback.

I haven't read them for a while and may not even agree with some of the content anymore but i guess they should all be there or there abouts.  I also wrote more that i can't seem to find online but i'll have a look when i get chance.

Cheers

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Hey Cottlad,

I've had to remove your links as i'm afraid we can't allow them (direct links to another community/ heavy affiliated site) in the forum.

It's a shame as you had some good stuff there.

if you'd like you could cut and paste the content of your blog into your posts here? 

Sorry if this causes you a bit of a headache but we've got to be consistent with the rules.

Thanks in advance for being understanding.

Rich

• edited November 2010
    thanks for that. Managed to read all but one b4 the links disappeared
  • edited November 2010
    Nice one cottlad look forward to reading them, how did you get that gig? writing for inside poker, what do you do now if you dont mind me asking?

Did wonder why no links lol pm me please cottlad i really want to read them
  • edited November 2010
    No probs Rich.  It's OK to copy paste the content only then?  Maybe i'll run a series and do one a week or something?

YoungGun - I got that gig by contributing to a 'turning pro' article a couple of years ago.  They then asked me to do 1 article which they liked and i got a monthly double page article every month after that until the mag closed as the same company was trying to run 2 poker mags.... Inside Poker & Poker Player.  So they merged and IP was shelved.
    I still do bits and bobs for them alongside playing poker and taking the odd sailing gig when they come up.

Anyways, if there's some interest i'll start a post every so often with content only.  Probably better that way as there'll be more time to digest and discuss each one :)
    For those who can't wait they are all on my blog :)
  • edited November 2010
    OK i'll post the following articles. 
    1. Playing Out Of Position
    2. Playing From The Blinds
    3. Pocket Jacks
    4. Pocket Queens
    5. Floating
    6. Playing Overpairs
    7. Maximum Value (Pt I)
    8. Maximum Value (Pt II)
    9. Beating Three-Bets

Would be nice if some of the cash game regs can give their views and start some discussion about different lines.
  • edited November 2010
    Would be useful

showing my intrest

Look forward to it. Thanks M8
  • edited November 2010
    this is relevant to my interests!
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Strategy Articles For You:
    this is relevant to my interests!
    Posted by Scottomus0
    intrinsic