You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

really isnt much i can do here is there?

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
SkyHD Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £13.49
gus52 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £11.91
  Your hole cards

The_Don90 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £6.66
graham1941 Call  £0.30 £0.75 £7.68
hannahdad Fold     
got2fish23 Fold     
SkyHD Fold     
gus52 Fold     
Flop

• K

The_Don90 Bet  £0.56 £1.31 £6.10
graham1941 Call  £0.56 £1.87 £7.12
Turn

The_Don90 Bet  £1.40 £3.27 £4.70
graham1941 Call  £1.40 £4.67 £5.72
River

• K

The_Don90 Check     
graham1941 Bet  £1.90 £6.57 £3.82

Comments

• edited November 2010
    this opponent had been rather loose so A high or an 8 was definetley in range. However i cant really beat much i dont think after the river.

Id really looked for all in on flop or turn tbh.
  • edited November 2010

wow your raising utg with that rubbish so your hand is disguised

I think you played it fine tbh and that its a c/c on river. He doesnt have to have the K, he could have a busted flush draw if he is fishy enough to call the turn on a paired board...

you gotta call that 1.90 im afraid

• edited November 2010
    seems a bit like a value bet, but i dont think you can fold.

Wouldnt he have raised the flop with a King? Mayb he's been slow playing 88? Seems unlikely but i dont think your ahead. So after all that i think i would fold. Also depends on any reads/info you have on villian.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: really isnt much i can do here is there?:
    wow your raising utg with that rubbish so your hand is disguised I think you played it fine tbh and that its a c/c on river. He doesnt have to have the K, he could have a busted flush draw if he is fishy enough to call the turn on a paired board... you gotta call that 1.90 im afraid
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Thanks greg needed a few kind words after the night ive had.

Ill let you know the results later.
  • edited November 2010
    Dont like the raise utg with 78 this move will make you lose chips in the long run, played rest fine. Check/Call river cant really do much more, king gotta be within their range although you could be losing think you should never fold due to small bet even if for value

As scotty has put fold pre, and spot on rest of it
  • edited November 2010
    Dont like the raise utg with 78 this move will make you lose chips in the long run, played rest fine. Check/Call river cant really do much more, king gotta be within their range although you could be losing think you should never fold due to small bet even if for value
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ !!

Print off your study of micro stakes, u seem to have forgot alot of it !
  • edited November 2010
    fold pre

check/call river.  he can be betting busted FDs.  from his betsizing it does seem like a VB but I don't think we can fold for that.
  • edited November 2010
    you cant play 78o profitably utg with 70bb stacks. ESPECIALLY WHEN NEXT TO ACT HAS BEEN VERY LOOSE.
    (i noticed in A51 you also open JThh UTG with 25bb stack STOP DOING THIS.) the smaller the effective stacks the lower the implied odds so drawing hands under JTs are bad. you want to flop strong top pairs and get the monies in.

you hit one of the very very few flops you are happy with vs a loose player on a draw heavy board. BET BIGGER

yet again on the turn BET BIGGER.

you have 66bbs to start off the hand with and on the turn you have a fullhouse, yet you still manage to fail to setup a shove on the river for less than pot.
  • edited November 2010
    you cant play 78o profitably utg with 70bb stacks. ESPECIALLY WHEN NEXT TO ACT HAS BEEN VERY LOOSE. (i noticed in A51 you also open JThh UTG with 25bb stack STOP DOING THIS.) the smaller the effective stacks the lower the implied odds so drawing hands under JTs are bad. you want to flop strong top pairs and get the monies in. you hit one of the very very few flops you are happy with vs a loose player on a draw heavy board. BET BIGGER yet again on the turn BET BIGGER. you have 66bbs to start off the hand with and on the turn you have a fullhouse, yet you still manage to fail to setup a shove on the river for less than pot.
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    It would be tantamount to morose stupidity to disagree with these views imo. Esp. the bits where he says BET BIGGER because caps do not give it the full justice.
  • edited November 2010
    is 3/4 pot each street really that small?  by river he only has a PSB behind....